ADVERTISEMENT

*****January 6th committee public hearings thread*****UPDATE: Transcripts released

It doesn't make sense. They were authorized - they were filming bits for the show. They didn't just barge in and start filming. JFC. Think for a minute - who would want to have them kicked out?
I don’t understand you at all. They were arrested and charged and were not allowed to be there. An aide letting you in does not mean authorized.

I thought for a minute, you know who would want them kicked out? Probably the same people that had a riot from people being where they shouldn’t have been that one day in January.

You are just wrong. Them stating they were allowed to be there means nothing. Plenty of guilty people said they weren’t guilty.

Arrested -> Charged -> Court date in July.

These steps don’t happen when someone is allowed or authorized to be somewhere that requires authorization.

I don’t understand you at all. They were arrested and charged and were not allowed to be there. An aide letting you in does not mean authorized.

I thought for a minute, you know who would want them kicked out? Probably the same people that had a riot from people being where they shouldn’t have been that one day in January.

You are just wrong. Them stating they were allowed to be there means nothing. Plenty of guilty people said they weren’t guilty.

Arrested -> Charged -> Court date in July.

These steps don’t happen when someone is allowed or authorized to be somewhere that requires authorization.
You're dumb. First, they weren't in the Capitol. Second - they had been filming for two previous days and were invited into Congressional offices. Lastly, you're a moron for trying to equate this in any way to 1/6.

You're dumb. First, they weren't in the Capitol. Second - they had been filming for two previous days and were invited into Congressional offices. Lastly, you're a moron for trying to equate this in any way to 1/6.
Well Riley if you were capable of following along I never said they were at the Capitol, my words were “government building.” You also would have read I was trying to put a barometer on what was acceptable levels of government building access. I never said they were 1/6. Please quote me if I am wrong.

I don’t think you are dumb. I think you’ve been lied to. I brought up earlier myself wrongfully going along with the Iraq war and how I regret it. There is a chance that this will happen for you too. You need to not cover your ears though. Hanging out on these boards aren’t going to help you.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Well Riley if you were capable of following along I never said they were at the Capitol, my words were “government building.” You also would have read I was trying to put a barometer on what was acceptable levels of government building access. I never said they were 1/6. Please quote me if I am wrong.

I don’t think you are dumb. I think you’ve been lied to. I brought up earlier myself wrongfully going along with the Iraq war and how I regret it. There is a chance that this will happen for you too. You need to not cover your ears though. Hanging out on these boards aren’t going to help you.
"Probably the same people that had a riot from people being where they shouldn’t have been that one day in January."

People were in the Capitol that day in January. SMFH.

Reactions: sob5
Saying "I want to win" isn't telling someone you want them to do something illegal to cheat. The smoking gun was bullshit.

"Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican Congressmen." Deputy Attorney General of the United States, and Trump appointee, quoting the President in his contemporaneous notes.

WDDT - But Trump just wanted to win!

"Probably the same people that had a riot from people being where they shouldn’t have been that one day in January."

People were in the Capitol that day in January. SMFH.
The same law enforcement has jurisdiction over both buildings in question. Are you shaking your head because of some health condition? I’m starting to think you can’t keep up and argue in bad faith

Why does it "mean nothing"?

You asked for what crimes were committed.
Those indictments are indicative of crimes committed.
Crimes that have nothing to do with the argument. Tell me what has happened to the people that have been indicted, anything? That’s why they mean nothing and everyone who thought about it for 2 seconds knew when they were announced.

I asked for collusion and conspiracy. The entire basis for the multiple year, millions of dollars investigation.

Why would Mueller and SSCI both say no collusion and yet you are on here saying the opposite repeatedly?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Crimes that have nothing to do with the argument. Tell me what has happened to the people that have been indicted, anything? That’s why they mean nothing and everyone who thought about it for 2 seconds knew when they were announced.

I asked for collusion and conspiracy. The entire basis for the multiple year, millions of dollars investigation.

Why would Mueller and SSCI both say no collusion and yet you are on here saying the opposite repeatedly?
Mueller explained his job as he understood it, was not to determine “collusion”… But he did say there was evidence of same and it was up to Congress to determine if a crime had been committed. Congresses job…. Not his! Meuller’s work paved the way for this Hoyae Committee to be formed and to investigate. It is not Meuller’s fault… or the Democrats, that the vast majority of Republicans refused to participate on the Committee.

Mueller explained his job as he understood it, was not to determine “collusion”… But he did say there was evidence of same and it was up to Congress to determine if a crime had been committed. Congresses job…. Not his! Meuller’s work paved the way for this Hoyae Committee to be formed and to investigate. It is not Meuller’s fault… or the Democrats, that the vast majority of Republicans refused to participate on the Committee.
He left it up to congress to decide on obstruction. How convenient for the establishment hack.

He clearly said in his report there was no evidence of collusion. He can play word games and try to make Trump prove a negative but the whole ordeal was pathetic.

Alan Dershowitz has gone into length about all of this. I suggest you read his opinions

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
These hearings should be in prime time.
Top to bottom today's hearings show how deep the insurrection was, and alludes to even more. Who the heck is this assistant to Eastman that was, "parachuted", into the DoJ with less than a month left in the administration? Who has been paying Jeffrey Clark since 1/6? Who told Clark to push out these letters?
Clark took the 5th over and over again. Fine, that is his right. Shocking that a lawyer working at the DoJ would do this, but it's his right. What is intriguing is that he repeatedly took the 5th and invoked executive privilege in the same sentence. You cannot do both.

These hearings should be in prime time.
Top to bottom today's hearings show how deep the insurrection was, and alludes to even more. Who the heck is this assistant to Eastman that was, "parachuted", into the DoJ with less than a month left in the administration? Who has been paying Jeffrey Clark since 1/6? Who told Clark to push out these letters?
Clark took the 5th over and over again. Fine, that is his right. Shocking that a lawyer working at the DoJ would do this, but it's his right. What is intriguing is that he repeatedly took the 5th and invoked executive privilege in the same sentence. You cannot do both.
Jimmy Hoffa took the 5th a lot, too. But then he too was walking into a rigged Congressional hearing. :rolleyes:

So...did Gaetz request a pardon because he was involved in this somehow or because he got caught banging teenagers?
According to the testimony he was asking for a pardon in mid December. He either knew more about the coup earlier, or it was for the teen banging.

Reactions: BelemNole
Interesting point by Ari Melber on Lib TV. We saw the banality of the authoritarian Trump administration today, without the effectiveness of an autocrat.
Thank God that Trump was so ineffective of a leader. Thank God he surrounded himself with losers.

The same law enforcement has jurisdiction over both buildings in question. Are you shaking your head because of some health condition? I’m starting to think you can’t keep up and argue in bad faith
I'm shaking my head at an idiot that is trying to compare what the Colbert team did to the insurrection and riots of 1/6.

I should have known better than to engage - the stink of your ignorance is mighty.

Squeeling like a stuck pig.
And, Florida will send him back to the House for another term this November.
He’s actually vulnerable but the D’s come up with Rebekah Jones to run against him….

Could have tried a little harder…if she’s close a better candidate probably beats him

ADVERTISEMENT