ADVERTISEMENT

*****January 6th committee public hearings thread*****UPDATE: Transcripts released

I don’t believe he is a wingnut! He isn’t defending the Orangeman.

he is just saying that, as of this moment, the committee hasn’t given him anything to believe that an indictment of Trump would stand up in court

You and the 7th grader are both correct and not. The Orange Turd told the SS, and whatever security to not use the magnetometers to increase the crowd size without consideration for safety at the Capitol, which was the ultimate target for the crowd.

This was after the Turd was informed of members of the crowd had various weapons, including AR-15s, hand guns, body armor, and other weapons.

Other evidence presented so far, including various conspiracies are building exponentially, The Committee has no criminal prosecutorial authority but has oversight responsibility, ala Watergate. The January 6 assault on Congress was a coordinated attempt to prevent the Constitutional transfer of electorate votes. It was an attack on our democratic process of government.

The investigation is in process. The 7th grader insists the process is pointless because they haven't charged anyone. They will not charge anyone. The Committee investigates the political aspects including Congress and makes referrals to the Justice Department. It is an oversight function for which it is responsible.

Bullet proof case? We are now looking at dozens of cases - crimes. Federal and state which the Orange Turd is directly involved or implicated. He is simply not a smart person.

And, BTW, the 7th grader is big time Orange Turd cult member (not a Trump fan)

Last edited:

If it was Herschmann who penned that handwritten note, the Orange Turd has already weighed in…

H6Vq4mk.png

Now…do you want to address the crux of that particular testimony: that Trump rejected any notion of delivering a statement to his supporters to potentially quell the riot sooner? Or do you just want to deflect?

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkMD
If it was Herschmann who penned that handwritten note, the Orange Turd has already weighed in…

H6Vq4mk.png

Now…do you want to address the crux of that particular testimony: that Trump rejected any notion of delivering a statement to his supporters to potentially quell the riot sooner? Or do you just want to deflect?
He "rejected it" for 2 hours.

This is the type of shit that will be discussed in a real court.

You and the 7th grader are both correct and not. The Orange Turd told the SS, and whatever security to not use the magnetometers to increase the crowd size without consideration for safety at the Capitol, which was the ultimate target for the crowd.

This was after the Turd was informed of members of the crowd had various weapons, including AR-15s, hand guns, body armor, and other weapons.

Other evidence presented so far, including various conspiracies are building exponentially, The Committee has no criminal prosecutorial authority but has oversight responsibility, ala Watergate. The January 6 assault on Congress was a coordinated attempt to prevent the Constitutional transfer of electorate votes. It was an attack on our democratic process of government.

The investigation is in process. The 7th grader insists the process is pointless because they haven't charged anyone. They will not charge anyone. The Committee investigates the political aspects including Congress and makes referrals to the Justice Department. It is an oversight function for which it is responsible.

Bullet proof case? We are now looking at dozens of cases - crimes. Federal and state which the Orange Turd is directly involved or implicated. He is simply not a smart person.

You have 1 thing correct, this is going to open up many cases of what was and was negligence by elected officials during the summer of love.

Go for one thing and one thing only and make it blindly obvious.

You have 1 thing correct, this is going to open up many cases of what was and was negligence by elected officials during the summer of love.

Go for one thing and one thing only and make it blindly obvious.

This commission was set up to investigate what happened on 1/6. That is the scope of the investigation and hence the name of the committee. They should not be investigating what happened during the BLM protests. We will see if anyone decides that a committee needs to be set up to investigate what happened during the protests. I would be surprised if they do, but would welcome it to expose those who incited the rioting and looting. I expect that will not happen though as it is easier to make claims as you have done.

This commission was set up to investigate what happened on 1/6. That is the scope of the investigation and hence the name of the committee. They should not be investigating what happened during the BLM protests. We will see if anyone decides that a committee needs to be set up to investigate what happened during the protests. I would be surprised if they do, but would welcome it to expose those who incited the rioting and looting. I expect that will not happen though as it is easier to make claims as you have done.
Never discount the pettiness of a politician.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Never discount the pettiness of a politician.

Good, I think they should investigate and hold people accountable for the damage and violence that took place during the BLM protests. I think politicians need to be help accountable for what they say and do as well. That will hopefully make them think before saying something.

Something that keeps popping up in the hearings is the intelligence before hand about the possibility of trouble at the capital.

Yesterday they showed the capital police knew beforehand that the Capital building would be targeted....yet they were under manned when it happened.

I don't think that's really ever been properly addresses minus the capital police chief resigning....

Seems multiple agency's had warnings this was going to happen....

Just wish the committee would dig into this aspect more...along with everything else.

Last edited:
Something that keeps popping up in the hearings is the intelligence before hand about the possibility of trouble at the capital.

Yesterday they showed the capital police knew beforehand that the Capital building would be targeted....yes they were under manned when it happened.

I don't think that's really ever been properly addresses minus the capital police chief resigning....

Just wish the committee would dig into this aspect more...along with everything else.
My guess - pure speculation - is they probably anticipated some typical boisterous protests right outside the Capitol building, but nobody envisioned people actually rushing the police and breaking in.

Kinda like 9/11 - the usual MO was take hostages and negotiate to take the plane somewhere. Not kill the crew and fly the plane into buildings. Just wasn’t seriously contemplated.

He "rejected it" for 2 hours.

This is the type of shit that will be discussed in a real court.

And here’s your answer to the question why do we all think you are defending Trump? Because you are up early defending Trump.

He waited 2 hours while people stormed the Capitol, while hundreds of Capitol Police were injured, while Congress scrambled for their safety, while his WH counsel was telling him they were threatening the VP, and while his family and COS was telling him to do something.

Instead, he just sat there watching it on the monitors - after he told the Secret Service to skip the magnetometers because the crowd wasn’t there to hurt him.

It’s only 2 hours indeed.

My guess - pure speculation - is they probably anticipated some typical boisterous protests right outside the Capitol building, but nobody envisioned people actually rushing the police and breaking in.
That's not what the capital police intel that was presented yesterday said....it specifically stated that congress/capital would be targeted.

Last edited:

I am fully aware of yesterday’s events and timeline.

I probably should have added: it is my hope that his feelings are incorrect and that the rest of the 1/6 hearings pull all this together in grand fashion and that Donald J. Trump dies in prison!

Z

Owning and shit posting the libs trumps everything, I mean absolutely everything with these guys, just garbage people.

Worst President in 100 years, LOL, we just managed to survive for 4 years the worst President in the history of the country.

Biden may be the worst POTUS - history will decide that, but I'll take his political failures over Trumps corruption, lies and self-serving ways any day. It's one thing to be bad at your job, being an awful person is a whole different level.

Yesterday they showed the capital police knew beforehand that the Capital building would be targeted....yet they were under manned when it happened.

I’ve always wondered this. Heck I even was worried there would be something like that afoot as just a dumb geologist in Tallahassee so for sure the experts you would think would have known and been prepared. The video from day one testimony was shocking in how small the overall police presence was both in their numbers, their crowd control and dispersal weapons, and true effective barriers. That scene where there is like three of them set up at a preliminary check point where the female cop who testified gets knocked out was infuriatingly stupid. I for sure think there is a possibility some folks high up in Capitol Police made sure it was this way on purpose and were a part of this.

I’m one of those. I live in a solid red area and can’t vote in the primary as an independent. Just because I’m a registered republican doesn’t amount to shit when it come to the general election. I’m guessing there are a lot of people like me. Register red in a solid red district to get the most sane righty on the ballot for November. There’s also another group who switched and are trying to get the crazy ones on the ballot. That second group is taking a huge risk IMO.

I’m one of those. I live in a solid red area and can’t vote in the primary as an independent. Just because I’m a registered republican doesn’t amount to shit when it come to the general election. I’m guessing there are a lot of people like me. Register red in a solid red district to get the most sane righty on the ballot for November. There’s also another group who switched and are trying to get the crazy ones on the ballot. That second group is taking a huge risk IMO.
Agree and think this is so foolish. Playing with fire.

I also thought mike pence not trusting the secret service to not drive away says a lot about this topic. I think there were more people involved in this to downplay the threat. Trump wanted the courts to solve this and was willing to do anything to get past the 6th.

The DC polticians compaining about the accuracy of Hutchinson's testimony should promptly march over to Cheney's office and demand to be heard. Starting with Mark Meadows.
Interestingly enough, these people trying to discredit haven't gained any traction on non-right wingnut media. And no, that's not because they are the "lamestream media". A story that could discredit the entire testimony of what every legal expert I have read says is "devestating" and "makes a Trump indictment far more likely" would be huge news. Even on Lib TV, which still reports bad news for liberals. They just do it in a "we're here for you" tone rather than a "you all are stupid idiots" tone.

The only conclusion that can be made is, none of these claims are credible and are likely Trump baggers trying to desperately find ways to deflect from her testimony.

Reactions: cigaretteman
One thing I still can't figure out. Why did Flynn plead the fifth on a question as simple as if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power? Even if he answers truthfully, "No, I don't believe in peaceful transfer of power", that's not a crime. It isn't illegal to have an opinion. What strategic choice was that? Did he plead the fifth on every question he was asked to try and hide the things he was actually guilty on? I don't understand what the legal strategy was there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT