ADVERTISEMENT

*****January 6th committee public hearings thread*****UPDATE: Transcripts released

One thing I still can't figure out. Why did Flynn plead the fifth on a question as simple as if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power? Even if he answers truthfully, "No, I don't believe in peaceful transfer of power", that's not a crime. It isn't illegal to have an opinion. What strategic choice was that? Did he plead the fifth on every question he was asked to try and hide the things he was actually guilty on? I don't understand what the legal strategy was there.
That stood out to me as well. LC asked a question, they paused off camera, came back, had her re-ask the question, clarified "legally or morally" she said "both" and I THINK* he decided it was all mickey mouse at thst point and just shut down and started saying "fifth".

One thing I still can't figure out. Why did Flynn plead the fifth on a question as simple as if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power? Even if he answers truthfully, "No, I don't believe in peaceful transfer of power", that's not a crime. It isn't illegal to have an opinion. What strategic choice was that? Did he plead the fifth on every question he was asked to try and hide the things he was actually guilty on? I don't understand what the legal strategy was there.
Because Flynn is working for Putin.

That stood out to me as well. LC asked a question, they paused off camera, came back, had her re-ask the question, clarified "legally or morally" she said "both" and I THINK* he decided it was all mickey mouse at thst point and just shut down and started saying "fifth".
How do you think that the answer to the question do you believe in the transfer of power legally would be different than the answer to the question do you believe in the transfer of power morally is different? If so why?

How do you think that the answer to the question do you believe in the transfer of power legally would be different than the answer to the question do you believe in the transfer of power morally is different? If so why?
I think* he viewed the question as a "gotcha" when she brought the moral angle in. He is a general, he is there for the facts not the feelings. I'm speculating based off his response and actions.

For the record I think he would have been much better off to say "you are asking me to speculate, I plead the 5th" and then when she asked about peaceful transfer something to the extent of "of course I do, what a stupid question". But instead he just went into "I'm done with this shit" mode.

Purely speculation.

I think* he viewed the question as a "gotcha" when she brought the moral angle in. He is a general, he is there for the facts not the feelings. I'm speculating based off his response and actions.

For the record I think he would have been much better off to say "you are asking me to speculate, I plead the 5th" and then when she asked about peaceful transfer something to the extent of "of course I do, what a stupid question". But instead he just went into "I'm done with this shit" mode.

Purely speculation.
Isn't the peaceful transfer of power an vital part of the United States of America? Legally it is the law so the answer is yes. I assume you think the speculation would be morally. Give me an example where you would disagree with the transfer of power morally.

Isn't the peaceful transfer of power an vital part of the United States of America? Legally it is the law so the answer is yes. I assume you think the speculation would be morally. Give me an example where you would disagree with the transfer of power morally.
They were 2 different questions. By the time she asked the transfer of power question he had already gone into "this is Mickey mouse bullshit" mode. Basically the PC version of "I'm not going to legitimize that question with an answer".

Is my guess after watching him.

He could have and should have answered that differently. I doubt his interview is even used if he responds "what a dumb question....."

They were 2 different questions. By the time she asked the transfer of power question he had already gone into "this is Mickey mouse bullshit" mode. Basically the PC version of "I'm not going to legitimize that question with an answer".

Is my guess after watching him.

He could have and should have answered that differently. I doubt his interview is even used if he responds "what a dumb question....."
Yeah, I don't think that's what happened.

What do you think happened?
I don't think that's what happened because it was a legal strategy given to him from his lawyer. Remember, they had a minute and a half conference before they answered the question. The lawyer told him to respond with the 5th. If he were just getting tired of the questions and decided to treat it as a joke he would not have had to talk to his lawyer.

I don't think that's what happened because it was a legal strategy given to him from his lawyer. Remember, they had a minute and a half conference before they answered the question. The lawyer told him to respond with the 5th. If he were just getting tired of the questions and decided to treat it as a joke he would not have had to talk to his lawyer.
O I certainly agree the lawyer likely said something like "you dont have to answer any of these" off camera.

Flynn is a Qanon piece of shit moron by the way.
You'll have to excuse me for not being up to snuff on Qanon shit but isn't the idea he is a "qanon piece of shit" or a "Russian asset" more qanon-esque than the possibility he was just an important guy who thought his time was being wasted?

I’m one of those. I live in a solid red area and can’t vote in the primary as an independent. Just because I’m a registered republican doesn’t amount to shit when it come to the general election. I’m guessing there are a lot of people like me. Register red in a solid red district to get the most sane righty on the ballot for November. There’s also another group who switched and are trying to get the crazy ones on the ballot. That second group is taking a huge risk IMO.

Thinking of changing from independent to republican for the very same reason

Reactions: mjtommy
I also thought mike pence not trusting the secret service to not drive away says a lot about this topic. I think there were more people involved in this to downplay the threat. Trump wanted the courts to solve this and was willing to do anything to get past the 6th.
Agree....the lack security at the capitol needs a deep dive. Hardly touched on....

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Looks like they decided the threats weren't credible and they were wrong. What more do you want?
There is also the culture at the time. How would it have looked, and how would it have provoked, if one side was left to take over city blocks for months but as soon as anyone showed up at the capitol there was immediately armed guards.

Purely speculation.
She didn't bring up morality - they did. Not surprised you're trying to defend this piece of shit either.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
She didn't bring up morality - they did. Not surprised you're trying to defend this piece of shit either.
Jesus dude, they asked her to clarify the question as a moral or legal question and she said "both". In my opinion, at that point, Flynn realized this was all mickey mouse because what he thinks is morale doesn't mean shit its a talking point. You argue some of the dumbest shit.

Looks like they decided the threats weren't credible and they were wrong. What more do you want?
How about a gd explanation? Is that asking too much or are we just going with the dumbass story of edited clips provided by idiots with an agenda?

Jesus dude, they asked her to clarify the question as a moral or legal question and she said "both". In my opinion, at that point, Flynn realized this was all mickey mouse because what he thinks is morale doesn't mean shit its a talking point. You argue some of the dumbest shit.

Exactly - they brought it up and she responded. JFC.

Shouldn't you be looking for non-existent data?

Reactions: fsu1jreed

I think Flynn was merely asking for a Fifth of Jack Daniels or something, to help drown his sorrows.

Exactly - they brought it up and she responded. JFC.

Shouldn't you be looking for non-existent data?
They asked her to clarify her position and when she did they realized it was a mickey mouse question. I'm of thr belief at that point he realized this was a "gotcha" game and shut down, consecutively pleading the 5th.

Try reading it slower.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
They asked her to clarify her position and when she did they realized it was a mickey mouse question. I'm of thr belief at that point he realized this was a "gotcha" game and shut down, consecutively pleading the 5th.

Try reading it slower.
FFS - as usual, you are wrong in saying she brought it up but refuse to admit it. She didn't bring up morality, they did.

Reactions: sob5
Because Trump isn't around to pardon him this time. He has criminal exposure.

Agree....the lack security at the capitol needs a deep dive. Hardly touched on....
Why does this myth keep being perpetuated? There were barriers up. There were lots of cops across the Capitol grounds. The insurrectionists were organized. If you do a deep dive on what happened that day, say with what the NY Times put together, or the video the 1/6 Committee assembled, you can see how the Proud Boys / Oath Keepers worked in tandem to probe the various entrances, and work to overwhelm the cops. There were pitched battles on each level the cops tried to defend.
Why is it so hard to just blame the insurrectionists? Why is it so hard to blame the guy who wound them up and sent them there?

Why does this myth keep being perpetuated? There were barriers up. There were lots of cops across the Capitol grounds. The insurrectionists were organized. If you do a deep dive on what happened that day, say with what the NY Times put together, you can see how the Proud Boys / Oath Keepers worked in tandem to probe the various entrances, and work to overwhelm the cops. There were pitched battles on each level the cops tried to defend.
Why is it so hard to just blame the insurrectionists? Why is it so hard to blame the guy who wound them up and sent them there?

Forgetting the initial deterrence aspect altogether - what about the response? After things started to go down.

Why does this myth keep being perpetuated? There were barriers up. There were lots of cops across the Capitol grounds. The insurrectionists were organized. If you do a deep dive on what happened that day, say with what the NY Times put together, or the video the 1/6 Committee assembled, you can see how the Proud Boys / Oath Keepers worked in tandem to probe the various entrances, and work to overwhelm the cops. There were pitched battles on each level the cops tried to defend.
Not a myth….look at the videos it’s jarring how few capital police were there.

It’s about getting the whole story. I understand the politics in not looking into it. Keep the focus on Trump….I get it.

Fact remains they were woefully unprepared for something they had warnings about which is kind of strange to me

Not a myth….look at the videos it’s jarring how few capital police were there.

It’s about getting the whole story. I understand the politics in not looking into it. Keep the focus on Trump….I get it.

Fact remains they were woefully unprepared for something they had warnings about which is kind of strange to me
*Capitol

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
What do you think happened?
I think his lawyer told him it was a gateway question. for example:

Q. Do you beleive in the peaceful transition of power?
A. Yes
Q. Then why did you counsel Trump to declare martial law?

.... and its off to the races

so his attorney says we won't open the door because that hallway is littered with self incriminating traps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT