ADVERTISEMENT

*****January 6th committee public hearings thread*****UPDATE: Transcripts released

I think his lawyer told him it was a gateway question. for example:

Q. Do you beleive in the peaceful transition of power?
A. Yes
Q. Then why did you counsel Trump to declare martial law?

.... and its off to the races

so his attorney says we won't open the door because that hallway is littered with self incriminating traps.

FIF!!!!

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Myth

They could not have possibly predicted that Trump would send them there, after lying to them about election fraud for a couple hours.

Where has ANY President EVER done that?
The capital police had warnings Joe….way beforehand

The capital police had warnings Joe….way beforehand

The Capitol Police had no idea Trump would rile them up and send them there.
Nor did they know the Proud Boys and other groups were bringing weapons.

Hindsight is 20/20

And we've learned WAY more about all the planning that went in to this over the past weeks from the 1/6 Committee. Neither Congress nor the Capitol police had access to any of that information, or a 1980s-series DeLorean with a flux-capacitor.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Not a myth….look at the videos it’s jarring how few capital police were there.

It’s about getting the whole story. I understand the politics in not looking into it. Keep the focus on Trump….I get it.

Fact remains they were woefully unprepared for something they had warnings about which is kind of strange to me
There were hundreds of cops on duty.
If someone breaks into your house is it your fault for only having deadbolts, or is it he fault of the guy who organized the rally, and then urged the people to go to your house and bust in?

If someone breaks into your house is it your fault for only having deadbolts, or is it he fault of the guy who organized the rally, and then urged the people to go to your house and bust in?
It’s the people who broke in’s fault not arguing that…

Just think it’s incomprehensible they weren’t prepared even though they had warnings.

Lucas. I remember hearing in yesterday's hearing that the Capitol Police were undermanned. Although, they did deny 3 requests prior to 1/6 for more assistance.

It’s the people who broke in’s fault not arguing that…

Just think it’s incomprehensible they weren’t prepared even though they had warnings.
But they did prepare. Just not enough for what actually happened.

Trump could have called the National Guard in like he did when BLM protests were coming to DC.

Wasn't Ornato one of the guys Lib Media was saying was too close to Trump? I remember that there was an immediate reshuffling of the presidential detail when Biden took office, and part of it was because people thought Ornato was not someone to keep around. Wasn't he in on the purging of Lafayette Park?
I'd love to get a lot of people from the Secret Service under oath, and in front of the cameras. My guess is the institution will seek to protect itself and go into bunker mode.

Myth

They could not have possibly predicted that Trump would send them there, after lying to them about election fraud for a couple hours.

Where has ANY President EVER done that?
They knew hours (and likely days) before that people with guns were there. They could have taken measures before any speeches were given.
you can’t possibly think that was the best they could do. Why was pence afraid his secret service agents would potentially drive off. Did he know something? It certainly should be looked into. I’m not sure that wasn’t part of the conspiracy.
hell the secret service wouldn’t let the president do what he wanted they knew there was a large problem coming. Why was it so hard to get a quick strong response in our capital?

But there was nothing illegal about any answer he could have given there beyond lying. He wouldn't need a pardon for that.
Well, his lawyer sitting right next to him seems to think there are problems looming for Flynn. Keep in mind he is a Q moron. He probably was a conduit for the Proud Boys, or did something that blocked the process on 1.6, or was designed to overturn the election.

Still waiting on their latest talking point memo.

I heard Tucker Carlson saying last night that these 1/6 hearings are just a distraction to deflect from the inflation issue which he said is all "their" fault, so my money is that that will be their narrative going forward.
Welp…now I know where @doughuddl2 got his ridiculous talking point in a different thread…Tucker. Carlson. Well, that explains some things.

I think his lawyer told him it was a gateway question. for example:

Q. Do you beleive in the peaceful transition of power?
A. Yes
Q. Then why did you counsel Trump to declare martial law?

.... and its off to the races

so his attorney says we won't open the door because that hallway is littered with self incriminating traps.
And Liz knows it.

Reactions: Joes Place
But they did prepare. Just not enough for what actually happened.

Trump could have called the National Guard in like he did when BLM protests were coming to DC.
But he didn’t, AND he knew his protesters were armed. Far more weapons than on BLM. He was totally fine with his followers having weapons.

Reactions: TheCainer
But he didn’t, AND he knew his protesters were armed. Far more weapons than on BLM. He was totally fine with his followers having weapons.
One has to wonder what might have happened if Trump had gone to the Capitol and accompanied his brown shirts into the Capitol. Who would have fired first, the Capitol police, the brown shirts, or Trump's Secret Service people.

That would make a Hollywood box office mystery thriller smash.

They knew hours (and likely days) before that people with guns were there. They could have taken measures before any speeches were given.
you can’t possibly think that was the best they could do.
They had lots of conflicting information. And, remember, MANY of them are Trump supporters and could not possibly fathom what their Dear Leader would do.

Reactions: HawkMD
I think one thing the Trumpers don't understand here, is that if Al Gore had engaged in this behavior, and used DOJ to overturn FL's election - sending an alternative slate of Electors based on fake fraud accusations, he'd have ended up President in 2000.

It would have been FAR easier to push over a single state vs. the uphill battle the Trumpers had here. Gore didn't do it. Gore wouldn't do it.

Ergo: everyone involved in this conspiracy needs some serious jail time. Period. INCLUSIVE of those who continue to spread election fraud lies from their media platforms. They were absolutely instrumental in getting people to storm the Capitol. Whether they understood that, or not, is irrelevant per conspiracy laws.

The coup attempt continues...

They are going to succeed. There's a reason progressives are talking about expanding the court with urgency now. They see what is happening. However, the leaders so far seem to be in denial about this. They need to burn the filibuster to the ground for this and make it happen and it needs to happen before this case. This case is the ballgame. Once they get their hands on it, the national election will be irrelevant.

They are going to succeed. There's a reason progressives are talking about expanding the court with urgency now. They see what is happening. However, the leaders so far seem to be in denial about this. They need to burn the filibuster to the ground for this and make it happen and it needs to happen before this case. This case is the ballgame. Once they get their hands on it, the national election will be irrelevant.
You can’t burn it down when Manchin and Sinema are in on the coup. November will be our last chance to save American Democracy. If we lose the HOUSE and Senate, it’s all over. Radical Christian, fascist, minority rule for a long time. Or bloodshed. Not even kidding. Sadly. Democrats got long gamed by evil men.

You can’t burn it down when Manchin and Sinema are in on the coup. November will be our last chance to save American Democracy. If we lose the HOUSE and Senate, it’s all over. Radical Christian, fascist, minority rule for a long time. Or bloodshed. Not even kidding. Sadly. Democrats got long gamed by evil men.
Yup.

This case is the ballgame. Once they get their hands on it, the national election will be irrelevant.

It absolutely is. They will take control of state legislatures and rewrite voting laws, and - more importantly - vote counting/Electoral representation. And that will be the end of American democracy.

• Sad
Reactions: BioHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT