ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas

He’s doing the Carolina-Duke game and just dropped a Tom Davis reference on a pick-and-roll play

We should pull up that Chris Leak journal he did for ESPN. We flew him in a private jet and he had a steak dinner at Joseph's.
It's still out there. As is Tommy Zbkowski.

That really blew to miss out on both. That was the magical '02 season and both these guys are being recruited by everyone and writing about their blossoming relationship with Iowa as they tore through the big ten. Semee like we had to get one of both. Instead got neither...

Reactions: ObeseMuffins

That really blew to miss out on both. That was the magical '02 season and both these guys are being recruited by everyone and writing about their blossoming relationship with Iowa as they tore through the big ten. Semee like we had to get one of both. Instead got neither...

Good find. Thanks for digging. We need more access like this.

Tommy Z had a bunch of friends that went to Iowa. Got to know them from our apartment complex and Zibby would spend a lot of weekends with them. It worked out well for him, but dang he would have been like another Cooper D.

What exactly went down with that? Heard about him but it was before my time.
He was a high school legend in New york city high school bball and playground ball if iirc. I was 10 when he lost his eligibility for supposed being involved with gamblers, later it was basically found to be a nothing charge and probably a frame job for whatever reason. Played with the globetrotters and the old ABA and maybe the NBA, he was Dr. J Irving type, smooth with the ball

There might be youtube videos of him.

I use to work in the BofA building in Charlotte. Saw Bilas a couple times walking around; pretty sure he worked in the building.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT