ADVERTISEMENT

Jbo 28 minutes 0 rebounds 2-11

I get it man. But honestly, we won. He celebrated his teammates after the game. There’s a lot of players at his level who would be visibly frustrated and depleting the teams chemistry. He’s shown the opposite. I appreciate his leadership and trust that he will have big moments that win us big games later this season. He’s simply too good of a player for that to not happen.

There is no other BIG team that jbo (or cMac) get any minutes with

This is not true. JBO is the leading three point shooter in B10 history. Other teams have to guard him outside of the three point line, which helps spread out the other teams defense and open up the paint for the other players. I would like to see Perkins play more in place of JBO, but to say JBO would not play for any other B10 team is not true.

Jbo has done what he's done and credit him for that. With this being said, there are better options when he has nights like last night. Perkins, Ulis, Joe T., or Sandfort all bring the possibility of scoring beyond jacking a deep rushed 3. I wish Jbo would take what the d gives him. Ball fake or come of a screen and take the mid-range shot. The running floaters he and Pmac take fall about 10% of the time. Nobody better at the end of games to seal the deal at the line, but the team needs more overall productivity from the SG spot.

Unbelievable performance by Kris. I have been critical of Connor, but will give him credit for being the co-MVP last night. He made some big plays defensively and didn't let the team fold when it looked like they were on the ropes. Anyone know what the dust up at halftime was about?

Reactions: unclesammy
I think the recurrent theme is, the fans want the coach to recognize when a player doesn't have it that night and find better options. For example Ulis last night clearly was struggling 2 minutes before Fran finally put JT back in. JBo has value, and may end up having great games later in the season. He is clearly in some kind of slump.
This team needs a miracle turn around to make the tournament, think of next year coach.
Perkins, JT, Ulis, P Mac, hell Sandfort, won't get better at end game situations sitting the bench.

If OP wants to complain about anyone and rebounding it should be directed toward PMac. 1 rebound in 20 min. With our struggles on the boards he's a guy who I think is a X factor later in the season with the need for him to hitting the glass harder. However was a moot point last night. Team did a good job last night against IU with a +4 margin overall and on the offensive end. The obvious of Kris getting 11 was huge and even in limited time Keegan got 9 against their 2 athletic bigs. But announcers brought up the disparity of rebounding in our 4 losses which is staggering.

When JBo doesn't hit his 3s, he is a liability. The thing is though, we don't know when he won't hit his 3s, and overall he's shooting 38% from 3, which is pretty good, and very good for the amount/type of 3s he shoots.

He can be a frustrating player, but he generally deserves the minutes he gets.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Why? This was a big concern I had with him coming back. It’s stifling this teams development. Perkins 11 minutes only.tonight. I want JT, Ulis and Perkins getting at least 10 of these minutes.
And as the commentators noted, drags a defender all over the court leaving it a 4 on 4 game, which fits nicely into the Murrays excelling

Reactions: jthawk and Ronman
This is not true. JBO is the leading three point shooter in B10 history. Other teams have to guard him outside of the three point line, which helps spread out the other teams defense and open up the paint for the other players. I would like to see Perkins play more in place of JBO, but to say JBO would not play for any other B10 team is not true.

A PG JBO had some value with Garza......JBO could feed the post and JBO can opportunistally get his shot off if there was any space. At the 2G he just isn't getting a lot of open shots and teams run him off 3pt line...JBO not much of a dribble drive guy.

At end of games, yeah, JBO knocks down FTs. Rest of the game if he isn't making 3's, then he's a net negative because anybody can rise up and shoot over him even if he is in their face.

I don't think JBO would get much PT at any B1G team with >0.500 record in B1G play. Same with CMAC, though I'm leaning towards CMAC over JBO for backup 2guard minutes because at least CMAC is a decent defender and plus rebounder. I would think Perkins should be getting more 2guard minutes and maybe some minutes with both Ulis and JoeT at same time.

If anything, his defender has to stay with him. Which means less double teams for the Murray boys.

Reactions: Ronman
JoBo kept the team steady. He got the ball several times in the 2nd half when IN was trapping and he was able to get Iowa into their offense - he didn't just stand there dribbling, he drove and forced defenders to cover/double him. He had no turnovers.

What I will say on behalf of Bohannon is at least he kept shooting last night. Even if he isn’t making em the guy is a 40% shooter that can get hot at any time. It keeps defenses honest and spreads out the defense as they chase him around the perimeter. Probably opened up quite a bit for Kris and Keegan last night. He played decent defensively as well

I understand points made above but I think many fans don’t realize that he is not the same player that got those first 300 3s.

Post surgery his percentage is lower, D is worse. He had 1 good game against scrubs, and 1 at Virginia who don’t know how to play him. Take those away the numbers are pretty bleak.

I’m happy with the win but I feel this game more than others that this can be a much better defensive team with different personnel playing.

Im not calling for him not to play but he should be a 15-20 min guy not 30. Pmac should also be reduced. We need defense and rebounding, we have plenty of scoring.

Last edited:
A PG JBO had some value with Garza......JBO could feed the post and JBO can opportunistally get his shot off if there was any space. At the 2G he just isn't getting a lot of open shots and teams run him off 3pt line...JBO not much of a dribble drive guy.

At end of games, yeah, JBO knocks down FTs. Rest of the game if he isn't making 3's, then he's a net negative because anybody can rise up and shoot over him even if he is in their face.

I don't think JBO would get much PT at any B1G team with >0.500 record in B1G play. Same with CMAC, though I'm leaning towards CMAC over JBO for backup 2guard minutes because at least CMAC is a decent defender and plus rebounder. I would think Perkins should be getting more 2guard minutes and maybe some minutes with both Ulis and JoeT at same time.

I agree with most of what you said. This is different than those claiming JBo or Connor for that matter would not play for any other B10 Team.

Do you think him having to constantly run to get open is effecting his shooting ability? I wonder if he's too tired sometimes because he had some great looks last night that you wouldnt think he would miss.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. Jesus.
What is the problem in having a debate. I see a really talented tournament capable team.

just because we won doesn’t mean everything was flawless.

For the record JBOs Conference Stats This Year:

25 Minutes a game, Total Shooting Percentage 31.2%, 3PT% 25%, 0.6 REB, 1.4 AST => 3 of his 5 made 3's in conference were at Wisconsin in garbage time in last 2 minutes...

Last edited:
People are forgetting last season and how the virus changed the atmosphere of the game. Everyone played in front of empty arenas and some of our young guys just played their THIRD "normal" B1G home game. JBo's experience (159 games played) is a calming presence for these younger guys when the games get hot and heavy. He missed a couple of bunnies last night he normally gets, but I thought he played pretty decent defense. It was a win we needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBHawk and ZumaHawk
You do realize that Bohannon is a threat to shoot out to 30 feet right? He was horrible shooting last night but at least he was assertive after we bemoaned his lack of interest vs. Wisconsin. If you put Ulis, Toussaint and Perkins out there together who's going to shoot? Defenses would literally just pack it in to stop the Murrays.

Jordan is still going to have some big moments this year. The change I'd make is inserting Kris into the lineup and that's it. He's too good at this point to be coming off bench.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
What is the problem in having a debate. I see a really talented tournament capable team.

25 Minutes a game, Total Shooting Percentage 31.2%, 3PT% 25%, 0.6 REB, 1.4 AST => 3 of his 5 made 3's in conference were at Wisconsin in garbage time in last 2 minutes...
Many on this board seem to EXPECT flawless or perfect performance from the players and coaches. They're humans and not perfect. And many on this board rarely, if ever, point out the positives in the players and coaches. Fran coached a helluva game last night, having to deal with major foul trouble with our bigs and our leading scorer. But few, if any, give him credit publicly for it. Same with the players. JBo ran the point for a while when both Joe and U were having some trouble turning it over. And he made key FTs. He brought stability. That doesn't always show up in the stats. CMac provided toughness and stability as well. It's not a frickin video game they're playing and coaching. You cited JBo's stats this year. Look at you doing your research! Has he also set school records in both assists and 3s? Would he have set the consecutive FT record if not for his honoring of Chris Street? Again - bitch, bitch, bitch. It gets tiring looking at the thread titles and comments.

You do realize that Bohannon is a threat to shoot out to 30 feet right? He was horrible shooting last night but at least he was assertive after we bemoaned his lack of interest vs. Wisconsin. If you put Ulis, Toussaint and Perkins out there together who's going to shoot? Defenses would literally just pack it in to stop the Murrays.

Jordan is still going to have some big moments this year. The change I'd make is inserting Kris into the lineup and that's it. He's too good at this point to be coming off bench.
I'm torn on Kris starting. I think he stays a bench player but gets way more minutes in my ideal world. The issue with him starting is the subs are less potent when the hockey line change happens.

There is no problem having a debate. The problem comes when "fans" start calling the players, coach or other posters names and make ludicrous statements that they cannot defend.

I think the recurrent theme is, the fans want the coach to recognize when a player doesn't have it that night and find better options. For example Ulis last night clearly was struggling 2 minutes before Fran finally put JT back in. JBo has value, and may end up having great games later in the season. He is clearly in some kind of slump.
This team needs a miracle turn around to make the tournament, think of next year coach.
Perkins, JT, Ulis, P Mac, hell Sandfort, won't get better at end game situations sitting the bench.
What? Why do we need a miracle turn around to make the tournament?

I wonder if any of the guys from the movie Plesantville can come in for a visit. Then maybe OP and the other clowns will be happy.

Question. In the 9 misses for JBO was the other team per chance having a guy chase him from sideline to sideline and commit a defender to him at all times? Hmmm to me that sounds like just want we want because well THATS HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO WORK!!!!! He spreads the floor and makes life easier for everybody else to get to the bucket...

Reactions: Willin
Do you think him having to constantly run to get open is effecting his shooting ability? I wonder if he's too tired sometimes because he had some great looks last night that you wouldnt think he would miss.
Good point; it has to impact his legs on jump shots.

ADVERTISEMENT