ADVERTISEMENT

Jbo 28 minutes 0 rebounds 2-11

I'm all for JT, Ulis, and Perkins getting more minutes. But at this point, they're all hesitant shooters/non-shooters. Look how much Minnesota was sagging off of JT, clogging up the lane that Keegan benefits from.

Jbo had a lot of good looks on Sunday - but they just didn't go in. I fully expect Jbo to get back to the mean. He's not shooting well as of late but his six years prove he will get back to his normal numbers. Heck, look at Stephen Curry, the greatest shooter of all time. He's currently shooting 27% this month.
I don’t follow the NBA much but assume Curry isn’t a huge defensive liability. The guy JBo was guarding was driving right past him late in the game against MN, multiple times.

With Jbo not hitting threes during the first 30 minutes...you can't play him that many minutes. He's a serious defensive liability. That's a fact. Every coaches game plan is to attack him when Iowa plays man. Minnesota did exactly that over and over, and it was why Fran switched to a zone late...and the zone gave Minnesota wide open looks at three because our zone was terrible. You can't switch to zone there...as our man defense with Ulis, Perkins, Toussaint was really good. He was protecting Bohannon.

I get Fran wants JBo on the floor down the stretch to hit free throws...it's solid strategy...but that game, IMO, wouldn't have been as close if you had played Kris Murray, Ulis, and Perkins more during Minnesota's run, since JBo wasn't hitting from three...and they were attacking him defensively.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
What a silly comment. He could find minutes with Northwestern or Nebraska. Probably with PSU as well. Maybe Rutgers too, they don't play defense either. But definitely NOT WISKY MATERIAL.
Rutgers’ defense is the strength of their team.

With Jbo not hitting threes during the first 30 minutes...you can't play him that many minutes. He's a serious defensive liability. That's a fact. Every coaches game plan is to attack him when Iowa plays man. Minnesota did exactly that over and over, and it was why Fran switched to a zone late...and the zone gave Minnesota wide open looks at three because our zone was terrible. You can't switch to zone there...as our man defense with Ulis, Perkins, Toussaint was really good. He was protecting Bohannon.

I get Fran wants JBo on the floor down the stretch to hit free throws...it's solid strategy...but that game, IMO, wouldn't have been as close if you had played Kris Murray, Ulis, and Perkins more during Minnesota's run, since JBo wasn't hitting from three...and they were attacking him defensively.
Even on the zone he's a liability, though not as bad compared to man D. Look at the IU game in the 2nd half when Ulis and Perkins were up top when we went on our run. They are so much quicker rotating and keeping the guys up top in front of them. But even against MN all I could think is why are we playing zone giving a team who couldn't get off good looks open 3s and giving them a shot to get close.

I'm all for JT, Ulis, and Perkins getting more minutes. But at this point, they're all hesitant shooters/non-shooters. Look how much Minnesota was sagging off of JT, clogging up the lane that Keegan benefits from.

Jbo had a lot of good looks on Sunday - but they just didn't go in. I fully expect Jbo to get back to the mean. He's not shooting well as of late but his six years prove he will get back to his normal numbers. Heck, look at Stephen Curry, the greatest shooter of all time. He's currently shooting 27% this month.

So I went back over Jordan's last 20 regular season big ten games, he's shooting 36%, if you include the Big 10 Tourney and NCAAs it's still 36%. He is what he is now... Is 36% from 3 anything to write home about in this day and age of college hoops. Given his other deficiencies, I don't thinks so.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Suddenly it seems like we lack 3 point shooters. They younger guards and Patrick haven't developed consistent 3-point shots yet, either. Nunge is shooting 3 threes better for Xavier.

23 percent for conference play. I see no reason these minutes shouldn’t start pouring over to Sandfort / Perkins like they should have in the non con. Maybe they would be more ready for big ten ball.

At least you get D and rebounding and I trust Sandfort’s shot more at this point

6bcdd102-cb4e-4ff9-b909-56300ef716b7_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT