ADVERTISEMENT

Jeb's Florida record: $19 billion in tax cuts and a AAA bond rating!

Titus Andronicus

HR Legend
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
I saw Jeb described as a RINO in one of the other posts and by a poster who should have known better.

Jeb is the only genuine ECONOMIC conservative that I can find in the race and being a pro-growth, pro-business conservative leads me to consider him the most serious contender out there.

Everyone should stop the nonsense of providing a quick-draw repudiation of this candidate by pronouncing his last name as if it were some sort of profanity. Those who nod in agreement are guilty of not being open minded, of not being able to make their own decisions, and of abetting the media elites in their on-going attempts to maintain an historically inaccurate accounting of the Bush years. Republicans are as a rule not suckers but they appear to have been drawn into this trap that has been set by the elites of the left.

Here is a column from Forbes that contrasts Bush's record in Florida with the pronouncements and proposals from the other leading contenders in the Republican field. Note please the distinction: Actual achievements against pronouncements and ideas! The author goes on to note that some of these proposals have a clearly political flavor ... Rubio for example has give-aways for people with children that are paid for by take-aways from those who do not have children.

And by the way, that AAA bond rating in Florida was reached for the first time in history ... and during the time that Illinois, Michigan, New York, California, and New Jersey were watching their own bond ratings decline or go onto credit watch lists. (Actually, those states were mostly just not keeping up with their obligations; I think the actual downgrades and other actions came later, but the roots were sown before.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonhart...conomic-record-of-tax-cuts-speaks-for-itself/

Last edited:
Guilty, I want nothing to do with 4 to 8 more years of either Bush or Clinton. Seems like this country should be able to find more than one president that is not part of those two families over a 32 to 36 year period.

I think Jeb is a formidable candidate but the supply side Econ crap is so tired. Why did you leave out pro business, pro-growth Kansas and its credit downgrades?

Reactions: naturalmwa
I saw Jeb described as a RINO in one of the other posts and by a poster who should have known better.

Jeb is the only genuine ECONOMIC conservative that I can find in the race and being a pro-growth, pro-business conservative leads me to consider him the most serious contender out there.

Everyone should stop the nonsense of providing a quick-draw repudiation of this candidate by pronouncing his last name as if it were some sort of profanity. Those who nod in agreement are guilty of not being open minded, of not being able to make their own decisions, and of abetting the media elites in their on-going attempts to maintain an historically inaccurate accounting of the Bush years. Republicans are as a rule not suckers but they appear to have been drawn into this trap that has been set by the elites of the left.

Here is a column from Forbes that contrasts Bush's record in Florida with the pronouncements and proposals from the other leading contenders in the Republican field. Note please the distinction: Actual achievements against pronouncements and ideas! The author goes on to note that some of these proposals have a clearly political flavor ... Rubio for example has give-aways for people with children that are paid for by take-aways from those who do not have children.

And by the way, that AAA bond rating in Florida was reached for the first time in history ... and during the time that Illinois, Michigan, New York, California, and New Jersey were watching their own bond ratings decline or go onto credit watch lists. (Actually, those states were mostly just not keeping up with their obligations; I think the actual downgrades and other actions came later, but the roots were sown before.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonhart...conomic-record-of-tax-cuts-speaks-for-itself/
If Jeb's last name weren't Bush, he'd be far and away the front-runner.....and rightly so. He's a solid conservative who can work with Democrats and has a long record of achievement.

A lot of the negativity from the right against him comes from a misunderstanding of his positions on Common Core and immigration. He makes a great deal of sense on the latter, and his record on education is pretty amazing.

Reactions: Hawk in SEC Country

I heard he was going to invade Georgia?

If Jeb's last name weren't Bush, he'd be far and away the front-runner.....and rightly so. He's a solid conservative who can work with Democrats and has a long record of achievement.

A lot of the negativity from the right against him comes from a misunderstanding of his positions on Common Core and immigration. He makes a great deal of sense on the latter, and his record on education is pretty amazing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonhartley/2015/05/12/jeb-bushs-strong-economic-record-of-tax-cuts-speaks-for-itself/

Based on his economic record, I would be very willing to vote for him. Based on his social conservatism, I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher.

I heard he was going to invade Georgia?

Who knows?

The Russian incursions into South Ossetia and Abkhazia have to this point gone unanswered. Since we appear headed for WWIII, perhaps we can address your concern at that point. In the meantime, it appears that the Russian adventures in either Georgia or Ukraine are of little concern to our government.

Last edited:
If he winds up getting the nomination, he really, really needs to emphasize his first name. Posters and signs should just say "Jeb", in an effort to help people realize he's his own man. I'm mixed on him - I like that he's more moderate than some, think his immigration stance is reasonable, and do agree that he's pretty conservative economically.

Look at who advises Jeb and then look at their prior jobs. It's not hard to defend those who run because of his name because he's set to act just like a Bush acts; more multi trillion dollar wars. No tax cut is worth that.

Reactions: cigaretteman
If he winds up getting the nomination, he really, really needs to emphasize his first name. Posters and signs should just say "Jeb", in an effort to help people realize he's his own man. I'm mixed on him - I like that he's more moderate than some, think his immigration stance is reasonable, and do agree that he's pretty conservative economically.

That actually sounds like a good strategy. Simply drop the last name in all political ads and promotional material.

Build a brand around "Jeb!" A nice folksy sounding name for all that; definitely not the more patrician last name.

That actually sounds like a good strategy. Simply drop the last name in all political ads and promotional material.

Build a brand around "Jeb!" A nice folksy sounding name for all that; definitely not the more patrician last name.

True, but you have to remember that "Jeb" stands for John Ellis Bush.

More Golf, More Government!

jeb%20bush%20golf%20.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT