ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Duncan??? Has to be a joke!

Jun 4, 2013
Skippers dugout says that they have confirmed Duncan is a candidate for the Iowa job... God help the Iowa athletic department if we hire an assistant from Purdue!

Jeff Duncan got the job at Purdue and with previous coach's recruits had one good season! I will take the three names (Heller, Fitzgerald, Rardin) over him. I prefer Fitzgerald personally because as a High School coach in Des Moines I got to see how hard he and his assistant worked his first couple years at DMACC. They fielded teams at DMACC that rivaled Northern Iowa and Iowa Western. Recruiting is the key to winning at Iowa. Look at all the kids Jack missed on in past 4 years. Had he reeled in some of the kids that left Iowa for other D1 schools we wouldn't be having this search.

Might not be a terrible hire, a young head coach who pro baseball experience. However, there are other candidates I'd much prefer...

Originally posted by eyesonahawk:

Recruiting is the key to winning at Iowa.
Recruiting wasn't Dahm's problem, although he didn't do a very good job at keeping the best Iowa kids home (Martsching and Mathews this year notwithstanding). Getting Iowa kids like Tomscha, Flattery (KSU #1 starter who did a good job shutting down Oregon St today.), Jacobson, and Kerian would certainly have helped the Hawks, but Dahm had at least two classes that were ranked #1 in the B-10 and in the top 50 of the nation, and others that were close to that. His teams grossly underachieved on the field. I've seen at least a couple of teams still playing right now that don't have the raw material Dahm had to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT