ADVERTISEMENT

Jerminic Smith

I was wondering the exact same thing, never saw him on the field, never heard his name called.
Didn't see him until Mitchell ran him over on the long run play. Probably back up duty since Tavaun was back and that we were run heavy offensively.

Reactions: hawkluva
I'd like to see him replace Hillyer.. Dude hasn't done anything this year. Hillyer is probably a better blocker though

Hillyer was killer today blocking down field and helped spring a lot of those big runs. Dude has been one of the better downfield blockers KF has ever had. I wish he was a better receiver too but the run game is much better with him on the field. He takes DB's and LB's out of plays and opens up huge holes downfield.

CJ could barely move or throw the ball today, you'll see plenty of JS when CJ is recovered.
That Hillyer comment above really bothers me. He has been an absolute key to springing several big runs this season. There's more to being a good football player than just the obvious statistics.

Reactions: ichawk24
You need balance. You need to be able to block ... but you also need to be a receiving threat. Hillyer has made important plays for us through the season ... so I wouldn't dog him too much. He does occasionally have problems getting open against man coverage ... but otherwise our WRs tend to do okay finding open places in zone coverages.

Anyhow, Iowa fans should appreciate Hillyer for the skill-set that he brings to the table. However, it is also perfectly fine to be excited about the upside of Jerminic too. The future does, in fact, look bright!

Sweet Lou Montgomery on the post game show said he thought Hillyer would play in the NFL because of his downfield blocking. I don't see it but he has been great so far with his downfield blocking.

Sweet Lou Montgomery on the post game show said he thought Hillyer would play in the NFL because of his downfield blocking. I don't see it but he has been great so far with his downfield blocking.
Nothing against Hillyer, but Lou is wrong. Really wrong. The NFL doesn't put fullbacks at WR.

Glad Iowa has Hillyer, but he and I have a similar chance of playing in the NFL.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. Was really impressed with him last week. He keeps this up, he'll be the next DJK, McNutt, etc. But I think his absence can be attributed to Tevaun's unexpected return.

Nothing against Hillyer, but Lou is wrong. Really wrong. The NFL doesn't put fullbacks at WR.

Glad Iowa has Hillyer, but he and I have a similar chance of playing in the NFL.
No, but he might just be big enough to be a hybrid/TE. Longshot, I know.

I predict JS steals reps from Hillyer as the third WR, but Hillyer remains a step ahead in overall reps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT