ADVERTISEMENT

Jestin Jacobs?

Haven't heard, but I fear the worst.
Hope this isn't a lost year for him.

185-1859472_confused-face-clipart-black-and-white-hd-png.png

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Leg? Can someone please describe the injury? I must of been taking a dump when it happened.
He played only a few snaps and was in street clothes before half. No one really has much info besides when someone asked Kirk about him and he said it was a long timetable. Someone said it in the game thread last night.

Not a great source, but about all we have.

Thanks,
According to Twitter they said it was an arm/shoulder injury on the radio broadcast
He played only a few snaps and was in street clothes before half. No one really has much info besides when someone asked Kirk about him and he said it was a long timetable. Someone said it in the game thread last night.

Not a great source, but about all we have.

...so it sounds like they'll shut him down for a couple games and he'll be back for his return to Ohio

It's odd ... I watched the game ... and saw every reps that Jacobs had.

He tried to do an arm-tackle of their RB ... and it didn't look pretty. But I don't know anything about an injury though.

He had to take on blocks ... and was facing off against a pretty big dude ... so that can't be easy. He got in on a number of plays. But yeah .... he got shut down pretty early in the first half. Right around the scoop-and-score was around his last snaps.

As it was ... he seemed to mostly be coming in playing situational action (mostly on 3rd downs).

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
How the hell is Roberts a game time decision for Rutgers but then doesn’t even have a shot at a game 7 days later. I don’t get it.

How the hell is Roberts a game time decision for Rutgers but then doesn’t even have a shot at a game 7 days later. I don’t get it.
A lot depends on how an injury responds. When a guy is working on it ... sometimes an issue/injury can get exacerbated.

Who knows?

Something may have happened during warmups when trying to determine if he could go or not against Rutgers. I have no idea if that was what occurred.

You're the only one saying "he doesn't even have a shot".

The depth chart is backwards looking and it is frequently BS. Roberts will probably start Saturday. Settle down.

Not sure about that.
Always a chance with his potential but with him playing in so few games is a big factor. If he gets hurt after playing in 8-9 games instead with lot more tape on him could sway his decision and his draft stock. Depending on specifics of injury and time table to healing it (season ending) could hinder him getting ready for the combine if he left, which is a big if. Because him barely playing definitely hurt his stock in not being able to raise it much at all. That being said I think him and Higgins could be a nasty duo at LB next year especially with Jacobs who will be on the field as much as Campbell this year.

That sucks, for him especially. He is a good one. Good luck with your recovery jestin and we hope to see you next year.

Always a chance with his potential but with him playing in so few games is a big factor. If he gets hurt after playing in 8-9 games instead with lot more tape on him could sway his decision and his draft stock. Depending on specifics of injury and time table to healing it (season ending) could hinder him getting ready for the combine if he left, which is a big if. Because him barely playing definitely hurt his stock in not being able to raise it much at all. That being said I think him and Higgins could be a nasty duo at LB next year especially with Jacobs who will be on the field as much as Campbell this year.
Yeah for sure. He had some good film from the 2021 season (see the Iowa State game). Teams will want to see that he's healthy. I have no idea what the best thing for him to do is, but certainly the odds increased of him returning to play in 2023. Would probably help his stock to be healthy and a full-time starter at WLB instead of on the field for half the plays at OLB like he was last year.

He only played two games...that's a clear medical redshirt. He won't lose any eligibility for this year. I don't think he goes pro either. There are so many great linebackers...that you need to have a great year to boost your draft stock. With Jacobs likely the main guy in the middle next year, he's going to have a chance to shine...especially with an experienced DL coming back. I'm sure he returns...but there is always a chance he wants to move on.

Reactions: squeezebox
Yeah for sure. He had some good film from the 2021 season (see the Iowa State game). Teams will want to see that he's healthy. I have no idea what the best thing for him to do is, but certainly the odds increased of him returning to play in 2023. Would probably help his stock to be healthy and a full-time starter at WLB instead of on the field for half the plays at OLB like he was last year.
Defense and especially LB are a bit tougher sells to sit out or jump to the pros after missing a season due to an injury.

You have to show durability at that position if you want to be in the conversation for a top 3 or 4 round draft pick.

We saw just this past year a few guys fall because of injury questions and lack of being able to stay on the field.

He only played two games...that's a clear medical redshirt. He won't lose any eligibility for this year. I don't think he goes pro either. There are so many great linebackers...that you need to have a great year to boost your draft stock. With Jacobs likely the main guy in the middle next year, he's going to have a chance to shine...especially with an experienced DL coming back. I'm sure he returns...but there is always a chance he wants to move on.
I think we'll see Jay Higgins at Mike next year, and he'll be ready.........JJ will be at will or Leo...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT