ADVERTISEMENT

Jestin Jacobs

Fran-Con-2

HR All-State
Nov 17, 2019
Word on the street is that he's gone.

Some guys will have to step up in the linebacking corps next year. This one will probably hurt more than any of the other transfers given who we already have to replace in that unit.

Some guys will have to step up in the linebacking corps next year. This one will probably hurt more than any of the other transfers given who we already have to replace in that unit.
Really, strange as the hawks have put some Lbkrs in the pros recently and he is scheduled to start next year.

He is not going pro is he? I mean he hasnt played a full season without getting hurt so it would be good to show sturdiness to the scouts and teams.

Loyalty is out the window. Guys are going to portal to extort NIL payments. Either you pay me to stay or xyz will pay me to go there. Places that develop kids will suffer. After putting the work in to build a kid up he can just jump ship to a big money school. You would think these boosters would run out of money eventually at the rate this stuff is going on. Look at all the bucks Texas A&M boosters shelled out for a sub par season.

I wonder why… he seemed to be in good graces with coaches and would have as much playing time as he could get going into ‘23.
It sounds like NIL has come a long way for the Hawks recently…. Could he be jealous of others (Cade/Proctor) getting $$ when he’s been here 3 years?

Receivers, Padilla and Gavin/Bracey I get. This one wouldn’t make much sense to me.

I wonder why… he seemed to be in good graces with coaches and would have as much playing time as he could get going into ‘23.
It sounds like NIL has come a long way for the Hawks recently…. Could he be jealous of others (Cade/Proctor) getting $$ when he’s been here 3 years?

Receivers, Padilla and Gavin/Bracey I get. This one wouldn’t make much sense to me.
I could OSU come calling.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Too bad if true.
Loved the flashes of closing speed and power he showed at times when healthy.
Was hoping to see him for one year of solid, injury free play.

Loyalty is out the window. Guys are going to portal to extort NIL payments. Either you pay me to stay or xyz will pay me to go there. Places that develop kids will suffer. After putting the work in to build a kid up he can just jump ship to a big money school. You would think these boosters would run out of money eventually at the rate this stuff is going on. Look at all the bucks Texas A&M boosters shelled out for a sub par season.
Bingo! This activity will increase now with a “pay for play” mindset. I really don’t know what the end game will be but you can bet a LOT of money will be thrown around to get portal transfers with some good and some bad results.

I could OSU come calling.
Possible of course. He spurned them once to come to Iowa and seemed to be on track to have a great year and go pro after ‘22, until the injury.

You’d think even if he didn’t love IC/U of I he could stick it out for one more year and leave after fall of ‘23 for the draft, but who knows what his thought process is.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous.

Just think, EVERY year will be like this and most likely get worse going forward.

It will be the new norm.

Honestly, I can see Kirk retiring sooner than later because of it.
Unless a grad transfer though a kid can only transfer 1 time and not sit for a year. So anyone transferring in is likely there until the end.

Reactions: BBHawk
Better hope they don't run out of money! Somebody's got the $$$.

Going to need to hire a GM type guy to manage personnel going forward. Have to figure out the biggest bang for buck NIL wise. What a mess they’re making.

What a mess indeed, it's beyond ridiculous, it's down right stupid beyond belief. It's all part of wokeness, you know, everyone has to be treated like they're special. Can't appear to be prejudice against anyone. Guaranteed it was pushed along by liberals. They fock up everything they get their hands on

He'll command a big price tag (Butkas nominee).

This is high-stakes poker; there'll always be losers, and always be blue chips. Those that can't afford to pay the entry fee watch from the outside,

What a mess indeed, it's beyond ridiculous, it's down right stupid beyond belief. It's all part of wokeness, you know, everyone has to be treated like they're special. Can't appear to be prejudice against anyone. Guaranteed it was pushed along by liberals. They fock up everything they get their hands on
What are you taking about? If anything this is free market and capitalism at its finest. Playing the woke card makes no sense here

Lol...brainwashed idiot

Noooo….

Look who's having a wokeness fit. You're the one who wants everyone to be treated the same. Could you be anymore of an idiot. Next time just send yourself an email so the rest of us don't have to listen to your garbage.

IKR!! I can't believe that the law doesn't protect us while acting like bigots! This is America and if I want to be a racist bigot, by gawd I should be able to do and say as I please. What's this country coming to anyways?? Damn wokeness!!

Last edited:
I hope that it isn't true. If it is, then (1) Jay Higgins will have to be our next Butkus award winner instead, and (2) we will see the Cash position on the field 90+% of the time.

Reactions: hawkisoaker
It's a Ferengi world out there.

Reactions: SB_SB
It seems to me that with the current set up, one make loads of money if they transfer. Staying put doesn’t get you nearly as much.

Reactions: MVPFAN
It seems to me that with the current set up, one make loads of money if they transfer. Staying put doesn’t get you nearly as much.
If you transfer some where that bases NIL money on starting and you don't play, you're screwed. Be careful what you wish for!

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous.

Just think, EVERY year will be like this and most likely get worse going forward.

It will be the new norm.

Honestly, I can see Kirk retiring sooner than later because of it.
Totally agree. I would not blame Kirk for retiring. Its no different than professional sports. You can buy a team from year to year. Its only going to get worse. Ever team will need to bring in 15 to 20 kids each year to field a team. The big name teams will just duke it out and the lower teams will get hand me downs. No one ever mentions that these kids get a free college education. So sad what is happening to college sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT