ADVERTISEMENT

Jestin Jacobs

confused jeff bridges GIF
That makes me want grab the Kahlua and Tito's...

What a mess indeed, it's beyond ridiculous, it's down right stupid beyond belief. It's all part of wokeness, you know, everyone has to be treated like they're special. Can't appear to be prejudice against anyone. Guaranteed it was pushed along by liberals. They fock up everything they get their hands on
Wokeness? 😂. JFC. You losers will blame everything on the left I guess. Sounds like you seriously just hate capitalism.... That is the culprit here. Dipshit. Nepotism, racial bias, and downright incompetence on offense that ruins special seasons probably factors too.

Wokeness? 😂. JFC. You losers will blame everything on the left I guess. Sounds like you seriously just hate capitalism.... That is the culprit here. Dipshit. Nepotism, racial bias, and downright incompetence on offense that ruins special seasons probably factors too.

Aw ha, another lib attack. You libs are just pissed when someone points out fockin stupid you and your idiotic policies are. Just look around dipshit, everything you losers touch turns to shit

Reactions: abby97
Easy buddy

1. Defund the police (how dumb can that be)
2. Open boarders (what a mess)
3. Shut down our own energy resources (what a great idea, love $5 gas

Just to name a few, all liberal policies and you know the names of your heros

Reactions: abby97
The NCAA has no authority and they haven't since 1982...ish I believe with the challenge of teams monetization and representation. They're a paper tiger and teams/colleges choose to accept their authority or not. Sure, there were repercussions back then with being blacklisted but that power now solely resides within conferences, and generally has since '82, especially now.

The reality is, and has been, that conferences have collectively utilized this misconception to further their own means. The B1G and SEC get to choose how their affiliates act and the rules to which they abide or face expulsion. Such as the allowance and determination of scholarships allowed each school as an example. That's why it's funny that people became upset when the NCAA did nothing about realignment. They simply can't. They're not real in terms of college football as it pertains today. An illusion that the conferences have hid behind to avoid being viewed as the corporations they essentially are. That illusion is getting harder and harder to hide behind now and we obviously see it much easier. The B1G didn't get this big by being ignorant and staying in the spotlight.

In essence, the B1G determines scholarship limits for its members. It determines the rules to which they abide. They are the judge, jury, and executioner so to speak. Not the NCAA.
I agree with that description of the status quo. But the NCAA as the legal and institutional ability to do more than ratify the B!G and SEC.

The would have to use that power. It just takes one school to say **** this, not why we play, and I think you would see other schools following quickly. The NCAA isn't known for its courage or integrity but the institution could act.

Easy buddy

1. Defund the police (how dumb can that be)
2. Open boarders (what a mess)
3. Shut down our own energy resources (what a great idea, love $5 gas

Just to name a few, all liberal policies and you know the names of your heros
Sorry.... bogus answers. Where is there an actually policy that defunds actual police forces? Recite the actual policy that opens any of our borders... Any of them. Cause I assume your are just parroting trumptards that speak of the southern border. Let us hear the actual governmental policy that 'opens' it. List the energy resources that have been 'shut down. Then like I asked, list who initiated the policies. Don't weasel out of the answer like you just did. If you can't do this you are just another Fox News regurgitator of accusations. Like i expected.

Reactions: Minn1954
The current system is out of control. It's unrestricted free agency. At least the pros have contracts, salary caps and free agency rules.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Nope don't watch any news anymore really. I knew you and most flipping out have Trump derangement syndrome (which is real) . My little brother has it actually. To be honest I wish he wasn't running again, too many don't like him. Like him or not though his policies were 1000 times better for this country than what we have now. If you don't see that you have been brainwashed beyond return. Anyway I'm not going to change your mind and you mine either. We'll have to agree to disagree...peace

Its too bad that Jacobs decided to leave. But are we really going to have this much crying over a Mike LB leaving? Especially a guy that was injured as much as he was. As good as he was in pass coverage, he often wasn’t especially great in filling run fits. Guy still has a lot of growing up to do and now he’ll be doing that without the help of Phil Parker. Not sure that I’d trust another coach to try and help with my pro career prospects if I were him…could cost him millions.

Good Lord we can’t even have a football discussion without you political hacks sabotaging it. Take it to the OT board. God it must suck being a slave to politics

Lol to those of you that said for years players should be paid.

I don’t understand why schools are now running professional football teams.
Back in the day, Hayden favored paying players. (If you're old enough, you may remember his "little dumplin'" comment that made its way into Bloom County.) What he had in mind was some walking around money, because players don't have time to work during the academic year and some guys were hard pressed to do things like go to a movie. It would be a pretty nominal sum like $20 per week. While today's equivalent would be laughable now, I'd fine with something closer to that than the insane amounts we're seeing now with minimal oversight (if any).

Players of major sports create a lot of wealth for their universities (or at least the athletic departments). Scholarships are worth a lot but sharing some more of the revenue would make sense. Nick Saban suggested the universities pay players directly and an equal amount, which would be something like an enhanced scholarship package. There may be better options, but Nick's update of Hayden would be better than the current NIL mess.

The portal giveth ... and it taketh away.

Irrespective of whether Iowa makes out like a bandit from the portal ... this free-for-all is ridiculous and I'm genuinely losing interest in the college game. It's too bad for me ... because I already quit following the NFL decades ago.

I know I'm being naive ... but whatever happened to the love of the game?

Reactions: hawkjt
The portal giveth ... and it taketh away.

Irrespective of whether Iowa makes out like a bandit from the portal ... this free-for-all is ridiculous and I'm genuinely losing interest in the college game. It's too bad for me ... because I already quit following the NFL decades ago.

I know I'm being naive ... but whatever happened to the love of the game?

Love of the game just went to the highest bidder too😟

Reactions: chuck285
Lol....

I thought I spent too much time on this board.

5 pages of....
You're an idiot
No, you are.
No, no, you are.
No I'm not. You are.
Nope you are.
For a guy who had less than 10 tackles this year.
Amazing how many people are upset on this.

I'm curious how you throw "racial bias" in here as a reason for him or any other player leaving now? Playing that card anymore is just tired and weak. Last time I checked, Jacobs plays defense. I'm not thinking the word incompetence fits here either. How about winning? They're better than most here too.

I'm curious how you throw "racial bias" in here as a reason for him or any other player leaving now? Playing that card anymore is just tired and weak. Last time I checked, Jacobs plays defense. I'm not thinking the word incompetence fits here either. How about winning? They're better than most here too.
You’d be amazed at how many stupid people like this are on Twitter blaming racial bias for losing kids right now.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
For a guy who had less than 10 tackles this year.
Amazing how many people are upset on this.
It hasn't mattered because of Jack Campbell and Seth Benson. If those two were coming back it wouldn't matter at all really, but both are very likely done. Higgins is gonna wreck people, but we needed one more like him in there. Don't know who comes in or steps in.

I don't care. I'm a teacher. This stuff trickles into everything with kids in my class. Everything has to be instant gratification. So many can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Man losing Jacobs hurts.

Hurts?..he hardly played this yr! And he's mad he didn't get paid as much as Cade...he can leave..no worries from me, our DEF just plugs in next man and it works every yr. #HitmanHiggins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT