ADVERTISEMENT

Jestin Jacobs

Now that Iowa has had 2 guys go in the first round of the 2023 Draft, and Moss likely to go in the next 2 rounds, I can certainly understand why Jacobs left for Oregon (of course, who knows what NIL money he grabbed going there vs. staying at Iowa). In a bizarre way, having such an ineffective offense has accentuated the greatness of Iowa's defense, lifting the defensive players' profiles. I'm not advocating that this crappy offense/great defense continue at Iowa, but the past hasn't hurt the plaudits given to the defense.
Actually I think it’s helped our defensive guys. Being able to win as many games as we have even the last 2 years with this shit show of an offense highlights just how good some of our defensive players are.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
another great sports "myth" or misnomer... "backing into" something. All the games count equally. Just because a team lost in week 13 instead of week 5 (or the other team at the top of the standings lost) it doesn't mean they "backed into" a title. Every W and L counts the same.

There's no requirement (nor has there ever been) that you MUST win your final regular season game.
As a matter of math, that's true. If a golfer misses a 3 foot putt on the first hole of a golf tournament and loses a tournament by a stroke, mathematically it's no different that a golfer missing a 3 foot putt on the last hole to lose by a stroke. But the pressure of the last hole does make it qualitatively different. I don't know if football is an exact parallel because there are a lot more variables involved than that of an individual golfer. But, Iowa losing that last game to Nebraska put Purdue in the championship game. Because of what was at stake, did they feel extra pressure to win that game anymore than any other game last fall? Hard to say. They came out playing particularly bad on offense (I know, hard to believe that was possible last year) and when DeJean got hurt, it exposed their lack of depth at CB that Nebraska took advantage of. Poof went the West Division title.

Well of course it is. But do you think it’s a coincidence our top 3 receivers left and we also aren’t able to pick any up in the portal? Prima-donnas? Maybe Keegan a little. Charlie and Bruce were blue collar guys. Just saying when one side of the ball is top 10 and the other is the worst in the country it would not be surprising if there was a little Ill will. Again, kudos to our coaches for keeping the team together as much as possible
Bruce came from super power 5 school Buffalo. and now posters put him at the level of the great ones from the NFL.

he got a promise that he would be the featured WR target by the Purdue coach if he came to Purdue.

TE's have always been the featured target going back to the Fry years. even using the RB's in the passing game.

As a matter of math, that's true. If a golfer misses a 3 foot putt on the first hole of a golf tournament and loses a tournament by a stroke, mathematically it's no different that a golfer missing a 3 foot putt on the last hole to lose by a stroke. But the pressure of the last hole does make it qualitatively different. I don't know if football is an exact parallel because there are a lot more variables involved than that of an individual golfer. But, Iowa losing that last game to Nebraska put Purdue in the championship game. Because of what was at stake, did they feel extra pressure to win that game anymore than any other game last fall? Hard to say. They came out playing particularly bad on offense (I know, hard to believe that was possible last year) and when DeJean got hurt, it exposed their lack of depth at CB that Nebraska took advantage of. Poof went the West Division title.
And poof, Nebraska coach smacks his wife.

Those schools are all loaded with highly ranked recruits. Some of them see no pathway to playing time and transfer.
Not that same as an offensive player realizing his team's offense is a shit show.
Oh of course…thanks for being here to explain. Thank goodness we didn’t lose 16 like TCU, however TCU isn’t loaded with more total talent than us & Michigan incidentally I doubt has more NFLers than us! At least not many…

Bruce came from super power 5 school Buffalo. and now posters put him at the level of the great ones from the NFL.

he got a promise that he would be the featured WR target by the Purdue coach if he came to Purdue.

TE's have always been the featured target going back to the Fry years. even using the RB's in the passing game.
Bruce went from Buffalo to Iowa to Oklahoma State? That’s quite the move.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

I think you mean Charlie Jones.

Oh of course…thanks for being here to explain. Thank goodness we didn’t lose 16 like TCU, however TCU isn’t loaded with more total talent than us & Michigan incidentally I doubt has more NFLers than us! At least not many…
Yes, TCU would be the exception (though I'd take their results last year). As for how many NFLers Michigan has... let me know when they start giving points during games for how many players you placed in the NFL.

Regardless...tOSU, Michigan, Georgia are so loaded with talent that 10 transfers isn't going to hurt them as much. One could argue it's almost expected with as many highly ranked recruits as they sign. There's not playing time for everyone.

yes i got them confused. according to ON3 Bruce is now a 3*. but until he goes anything as well as Keagon Johnson we will not know how big a loss either were.
ii
just like until the 3 new WR play we won't know if they are worth their scholarship. to me its a wait and see approach.. patience is needed with freshman. at any level.

Yes, TCU would be the exception (though I'd take their results last year). As for how many NFLers Michigan has... let me know when they start giving points during games for how many players you placed in the NFL.

Regardless...tOSU, Michigan, Georgia are so loaded with talent that 10 transfers isn't going to hurt them as much. One could argue it's almost expected with as many highly ranked recruits as they sign. There's not playing time for everyone.

Oh yes it will..,Michigan for sure, not tOSU and Georgia. We will never be them!

The have 50 plus kids in the NFL we have 30 plus as does UM!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT