ADVERTISEMENT

Jesuroga and Block to compete at Who's #1 (Friday, 9/9)

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
Bailey is now a Little Rock commit

Reactions: el dub
Jesuroga is #2 at 120 on FLO and a top recruit for Iowa, while his opponent, Jax is #1 at 120 and only a Fr??!?! Is Jax really that good?

Reactions: pink shizzle
I dont know how this works out with the lineup but Jersoga looks like he could start for Hawks right from the get go.

Reactions: Gobblin
Jess? What? Stop this. Stop this immediately.
Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

Shifting gears a bit, I watched a recent interview with Nasir Bailey, Blocks WNO opponent. Bailey is 0-2 vs Block and you’d never know it from the interview. Doesn’t seem to have any doubt that he’s going to beat Block. Hopefully Jessie Roga has the same mentality going into his match tomorrow. Give ‘em hell boys

Shifting gears a bit, I watched a recent interview with Nasir Bailey, Blocks WNO opponent. Bailey is 0-2 vs Block and you’d never know it from the interview. Doesn’t seem to have any doubt that he’s going to beat Block. Hopefully Jessie Roga has the same mentality going into his match tomorrow. Give ‘em hell boys

Jesse looked damn good at Fargo getting to his offense early in most matches. Block/Bailey should be a fun one.

You guys are just itching to get on Spooners Sh*t list, No Bueno.

This makes me think who is going to have the next cool Hawkeye nickname.
The Bull is no longer on the team, but we still have Big Tone, who is next.
I feel like PK needs a good one , but maybe it will be Nate “Jess” Jesuroga.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
You guys are just itching to get on Spooners Sh*t list, No Bueno.

This makes me think who is going to have the next cool Hawkeye nickname.
The Bull is no longer on the team, but we still have Big Tone, who is next.
I feel like PK needs a good one , but maybe it will be Nate “Jess” Jesuroga.
Pk is a solid nickname so is no brakes Drake. And I maintain that Spencer Lee should always be referred to as Spencer freaking Lee.

Or we could go the hard to spell last name route. Such as Seabrick, for Cobe. I also like Natty J for Nate Jesuroga assuming at some point he wins NCAA’s.

Really anything that gets under Spooners skin :)

P.S Ryder from the Block. These things just come to me. It’s a gift! Don’t be fooled by the Hawks that I got, I’m still I’m still Ryder from the Block. Okay, I’ll see myself out.

Last edited:
Pk is a solid nickname so is no brakes Drake. And I maintain that Spencer Lee should always be referred to as Spencer freaking Lee.

Or we could go the hard to spell last name route. Such as Seabrick, for Cobe. I also like Natty J for Nate Jesuroga assuming at some point he wins NCAA’s.

Really anything that gets under Spooners skin :)

P.S Ryder from the Block. These things just come to me. It’s a gift! Don’t be fooled by the Hawks that I got, I’m still I’m still Ryder from the Block. Okay, I’ll see myself out.
All good stuff right there!

He might be the best guy in the room at 125 next year. It will depend on how much Drake grows
Most posters on this board will agree Nate Jesuroga is a remarkable talent. Jesuroga will prove all of us wrong at tonight’s WNO match with Jax Forrest. In my opinion Nate Jesuroga is infinitely better than most posters believe. Tonight he will defeat Forrest decisively.

In earlier matches with Forrest he was consistently in on Forrest with sweep-single, but he did not consistently finish. That trouble should be corrected tonight. Jesuroga clearly understands the adjustment(s) he needs to make. Not to be dismissive of Forrest, he is talented, smart wrestler whose length will create challenges for every opponent.

But not tonight, west2east is absolutely correct, Jesuroga is a load; a ton-of-talent.

Most posters on this board will agree Nate Jesuroga is a remarkable talent. Jesuroga will prove all of us wrong at tonight’s WNO match with Jax Forrest. In my opinion Nate Jesuroga is infinitely better than most posters believe. Tonight he will defeat Forrest decisively.

In earlier matches with Forrest he was consistently in on Forrest with sweep-single, but he did not consistently finish. That trouble should be corrected tonight. Jesuroga clearly understands the adjustment(s) he needs to make. Not to be dismissive of Forrest, he is talented, smart wrestler whose length will create challenges for every opponent.

But not tonight, west2east is absolutely correct, Jesuroga is a load; a ton-of-talent.
Who is the most that he will prove wrong? I believe most here believe he will prevail.

Women's card starts at 4:00 pm ET. Men's card starts at 7:00 pm ET.

Bout order:

Women's (rankings are projections)

106: #2 Clare Booe and #3 Gigi Bragg

152: #2 Jasmine Robinson vs #3 Mishell Rebisch

138: #1 Sarah Henckel vs Zaynah McBryde

122: #1 Cadence Diduch vs #2 Everest Leydecker

144: #1 Lizzie Shunn vs #2 Sydney Perry

117: #1 Elena Ivaldi vs #2 Persaeus Gomez

127: #1 Shelby Moore vs #2 Skylar Little Soldier

94: #3 Erica Pastoriza vs Morgan Turner

132: #1 Janida Garcia vs #2 Valerie Hamilton

100: #1 Gabriella Gomez vs #2 Valarie Solorio