ADVERTISEMENT

Jill Biden experiences "rare" COVID rebound...

We had >1M deaths

Which is a small fraction of the "severe cases"
I'm not denying people haven't gotten sick and many have died, I'm just not willing to give the vaccines as much credit as other people are. The deaths seemed to come down as we had effective treatments like monoclonal antibodies, and we learned who the most vulnerable among us are, and how to protect them.

I'm not denying people haven't gotten sick and many have died, I'm just not willing to give the vaccines as much credit as other people are

"I'm not willing to" vs. "I'll review the data"

The data indicate a 3:1 ratio of deaths rates in the highest vaccinated counties to the lowest ones.
The data are unequivocally clear on this.

"I'm not willing to" vs. "I'll review the data"

The data indicate a 3:1 ratio of deaths rates in the highest vaccinated counties to the lowest ones.
The data are unequivocally clear on this.
what's the data on those counties on obesity? age stratification? all the other comorbidities? Just saying well counties with the highest vaccination rates are better off than ones with lower vaccinated rates doesn't paint the whole picture.

we all know POC are among the lowest rates of vaccinated people, they also have the least access to adequate healthcare, healthy food, lower income, etc. Would it then be a surprise if a county that has more POC would also have a higher mortality rate from covid?

what's the data on those counties on obesity? age stratification? all the other comorbidities?
When you can see the trend moving downward across the entire vaccination rate stratification, it's fairly obvious those are unimportant.

Cause I can point to all of those things as THE drivers of severe illness and death regardless of jab status

Sure, you can

But the studies undertaken on vaccination status are quite clear on this.
They aren't able to prevent re-infection 100% (although they do reduce the rate of spread), they are very effective in preventing serious disease. The new versions coming out designed for Omicron will be even better.

This virus is flu-like, in that it spreads even better than flu; and the Covid vaccines are doing better than the flu vaccines typically do.

More than likely, we're now seeing the post-Covid sequelae taking hold...

www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(22)00087-4/fulltext

Findings​

People infected with SARS-COV-2 had more than three times the risk of dying over the following year compared with those who remained uninfected (aHR 3·1, 95%CI 2·9-3·3). Short-term mortality (up to 5 weeks post-infection) was significantly higher among COVID-19 group (1623·0/10 000) than in the reference group (118/10 000). For COVID-19 cases aged 60 years or older, increased mortality persisted until the end of the first year after infection, and was related to increased risk for cardiovascular (aHR 2·1, 95%CI 1·8-2·3), cancer (aHR 1·5, 95%CI 1·2-1·9), respiratory system diseases (aHR 1·9, 95%CI 1·2-3·0), and other causes of death (aHR 1·8, 95%CI 1·4-2·2).

Interpretation​

Increased risk of death from SARS-CoV-2 is not limited to the acute illness: SARS-CoV-2 infection carries a substantially increased mortality in the following 12 months. This excess death mainly occurs in older people and is driven by broad array of causes of death.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT