Nov 30, 2011
Harbaugh's annual salary is $9 million. In his first 3
years, he has not won a Big Ten Championship or
beaten rival Ohio State. It has been 14 years since
the Wolverines won a conference title. They have not
won a game at Columbus, Ohio since 2000

Bottom Line: Is Jim Harbaugh on the hot seat at
Michigan?.

Ok well we pay Kirk almost 5M and he hasn’t finished better than 8-5 more than twice in the last decade and a half, so.........

Kirk has been here 20 years. I believe his starting salary was something like $700,000. His salary increased with tenure and especially when he was a legitimate target of NFL teams 12-15 years ago. You could argue that Iowa pays a lot of money for a guy with a career .600 winning percentage. I would argue that he has been a tremendous representative for the state of Iowa and produced a lot of tremendous memories during his tenure. He also donates a large portion of his salary to charities.
Harbaugh is a shameless, booger-eating buffoon. The expectations at Michigan are a lot different than they are at Iowa. They have the best-looking team this year since he has been there. If they are not at least playing OSU for the eastern division championship this year, there is going to be a lot of noise from Ann Arbor to get him out of there, regardless of what it will cost to do so.

Michigan is one of the most unethical schools in the our nation. Their biggest donor is a shyster named Stephen F. Ross (as in Ross Business School/ Miami Dolphins ownership). He is currently being investigated for a tax Ponzi like scheme where he gave an internally appraised piece of property in a remainder trust to the U of Michigan for a nearly $33 million tax write off in 2003 (later sold off for $1.6 m, far below a market appraisal of $8 million). Ross tried to get the state of Florida and the city of Miami to subsidize and give tax abatements to help fund his stadium renovations while dropping like $200 back on the doorsteps of his hallowed Alma Mater.

Michigan has a lot of bad eggs in its basket. No wonder the state of Michigan, Flint and Detroit city governments, and the campuses of Michigan and Michigan State are $-holes full of corruption. I've turn two jobs offers/promotions to avoid that mess.

Jim will burn out and return to the NFL. Jim is no BO (SCHEMBECHLER).

Ok well we pay Kirk almost 5M and he hasn’t finished better than 8-5 more than twice in the last decade and a half, so.........

9M is a lot more than 5M.
Michigan has higher expectations.
Gary Barta is our AD

If Harbaugh fails to beat tOSU once in awhile...he'll leave for a pro job before they fire him. His agent will make sure he's ahead of the wave.

Last edited:
The thing is, UM is projected to finish 4th in their division, so he’s living on borrowed time for another year. Gotta think he has to make something happen in 2019 or he gone.

Reactions: bigfridaynite
FYI...

f1K6Paq.jpg

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
Expectations are ramping up in the Big. The last round of coaching hires show that. Status quo isn't going to cut it for the teams that are winning 7-8 or fewer games.

Ferentz has a winning record against Michigan (7-5) and is 1-0 vs. Harbaugh by virtue of beating the undefeated and 2nd ranked Wolverines 14-13 in 2016.

Compared to Harbaugh, I'd say Iowa is getting pretty good value at half the price.

Unless he would completely flop they are stupid if they would fire him. The conference is stacked and getting better. If he would progressively fall farther behind over the next few years then fire him. Now would be a terrible time for them to try and start fresh.

Unless he would completely flop they are stupid if they would fire him. The conference is stacked and getting better. If he would progressively fall farther behind over the next few years then fire him. Now would be a terrible time for them to try and start fresh.
What if he “flopped” this year and finished 7-5/8-4 (with another loss to OSU), would that be enough? Or would he have to follow it up with a 9-3 (L to OSU) in 2019 to make his firing happen?

Remember, their standards are different. He wasn’t brought there to tread water and finish second to Urban Meyer...or third to Dantonio/Franklin.

The guy is 1-5 five versus Michigan State and Ohio State. At Michigan that is unacceptable. As has been said they expect a lot more in Ann Arbor than Iowa does. They also get the recruits in that Iowa doesn't and have for years. Another fourth place finish in the in B1G East and the guys done.

But they put all their eggs in the Harbaugh basket, he was the savior. Where do they go now.

If he does get fired I think you can point to the game that started his downward fall was Iowa 2016. They were top five going in and we beat them. He hasn't beat a quality opponent since then.

Harbaugh's annual salary is $9 million. In his first 3
years, he has not won a Big Ten Championship or
beaten rival Ohio State. It has been 14 years since
the Wolverines won a conference title. They have not
won a game at Columbus, Ohio since 2000

Bottom Line: Is Jim Harbaugh on the hot seat at
Michigan?.

The problem for Jim is Urban makes him look bad. Now Urban makes 99% of coaches look bad, but Jim was hired to make Urban look mortal. I don't see him doing that.

large_ormdFwSHGVgsWdrzP5pRPaA6nme.jpg

Last edited:
So do you feel that the alumni of the maize and blue will be OK if he doesn't beat OSU and win the BIG in the next two years? What do you think the expectations were when they brought in the Khaki man?
If he doesn't do better overall, including beating tOSU in the next 2-3 seasons he'll either leave or be canned. 9 million demands more than what Mich has been getting to this point.

Reactions: JoelBittner
I work with a guy who is a big Michigan fan and we have had this conversation a couple times recently. If they lose to OSU and a bowl game game he is on the hot seat next year. At best you can say they are the 3rd best team in the east and 4th best team in the B10, and they are arguably 4th and 5th respectively. That does not bode well for "the winningest program". The problem is who do you bring in after him?

I work with a guy who is a big Michigan fan and we have had this conversation a couple times recently. If they lose to OSU and a bowl game game he is on the hot seat next year. At best you can say they are the 3rd best team in the east and 4th best team in the B10, and they are arguably 4th and 5th respectively. That does not bode well for "the winningest program". The problem is who do you bring in after him?
His brother.

Not sure, but at $9M per year, you can get two or three of them.

What if he “flopped” this year and finished 7-5/8-4 (with another loss to OSU), would that be enough? Or would he have to follow it up with a 9-3 (L to OSU) in 2019 to make his firing happen?

Remember, their standards are different. He wasn’t brought there to tread water and finish second to Urban Meyer...or third to Dantonio/Franklin.
I don’t think so this year seeing as they have one of the toughest schedules in the country although I think his seat would get much hotter. Next year? That scenario is intriguing. I just find it hard to fathom firing someone because they can’t beat Urban. I mean who do they think they will find that can? I think it more depends on if they are competitive or if they would get clubbed.

Jim Harbaugh could get the itch to return to the NFL,
If he does bring any Big Ten Football Title to Michigan
in the next two years.

Reactions: onionman1
The guy is 1-5 five versus Michigan State and Ohio State. At Michigan that is unacceptable. As has been said they expect a lot more in Ann Arbor than Iowa does. They also get the recruits in that Iowa doesn't and have for years. Another fourth place finish in the in B1G East and the guys done.

But they put all their eggs in the Harbaugh basket, he was the savior. Where do they go now.

If he does get fired I think you can point to the game that started his downward fall was Iowa 2016. They were top five going in and we beat them. He hasn't beat a quality opponent since then.

It actually started with the debacle against MSU in 2015. That showed just how badly he could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The game against Iowa in 2016 bolstered it, but the bowl loss to South Carolina all but confirmed it. The guy can't win the big game on the big stage, or the pressure-cooker to seal the deal.

Kirk James Ferentz

It actually started with the debacle against MSU in 2015. That showed just how badly he could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The game against Iowa in 2016 bolstered it, but the bowl loss to South Carolina all but confirmed it. The guy can't win the big game on the big stage, or the pressure-cooker to seal the deal.

Blaming the head coach for a punter dropping the football...that’s a new one.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT