ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Leonhard

He is going to get a nice P5 head coach offer one way or another. This could backfire on Wisconsin if they don’t make the first offer.

Reactions: Bishop1971
My guess he was asked to leave so as not to be a distraction. I've seen similar situations in business. He'll be fine.

Tell me before the season that Christ and Leonard won’t be there at season end, I would laugh at you. Just crazy.
No kidding. Both of these guys will find a gig if they want to. Leonhard is quite a bit younger. Chryst is 57 and could just enjoy his retirement if he wants. He's probably got $20M in the bank.

Leonhnard will find a job no problem.
Hopefully he does what our OC should've tried and get a job at a MAC school as HC to prove himself before getting a P5 job. But I agree with his age and pedigree he will have no problems finding work. One thing is for sure hearing Wisconsin guys is they loved him and sounded like a bunch unhappy he didn't get HC job. I wonder if means any Def. guys head to the portal.

Leonhard earned his own ticket out the door. Defensive recruiting and development was trending downward under his watch. He was handed the keys and given a chance but really no improvement came from him through the rest of the season. The results on the field don't lie these past few seasons.

Like Iowa Wisconsin was seeing some major cracks that were beginning to form within their program. The cracks were in some of their traditional strong foundations. You can say alot about Wisconsin but they have a great bead on their program. They have rarely falterd despite numerous coaching changes. It will be interesting going forward because for the first time in a very long time the Alvarez mold has been broken. Fickell will bring in his style of B1G Football to Wisconsin.

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
Leonhard earned his own ticket out the door. Defensive recruiting and development was trending downward under his watch. He was handed the keys and given a chance but really no improvement came from him through the rest of the season. Like Iowa Wisconsin was seeing some major cracks that were beginning to form within their program. The cracks were in some of their traditional strong foundations. You can say alot about Wisconsin but the have a great bead on their program. It will be interesting going forward because for the first time in a very long time the Alvarez mold has been broken Fickell will bring in his style of B1G Football to Wisconsin.
Holy damn have you proven clueless. Have a better depth and understanding of the situation he too over and then what went on there after he did before you make clueless comments.

Holy damn have you proven clueless. Have a better depth and understanding of the situation he too over and then what went on there after he did before you make clueless comments.
Spit the seeds out I can't understand anything you're saying. When he was handed the keys he was already playing from behind. The powers to be weren't happy with the recruiting and development of players on both sides of the ball. They felt the direction of the program was going the wrong way. I kept telling you all Leonhard was not going to be named coach at the end of the season. Many on here laughed when I posted Chryst could be getting the axe 6hrs before the news hit the college football world. I think I have a clue mumbles.

Spit the seeds out I can't understand anything you're saying. When he was handed the keys he was already playing from behind. The powers to be weren't happy with the recruiting and development of players on both sides of the ball. They felt the direction of the program was going the wrong way. I kept telling you all Leonhard was not going to be named coach at the end of the season. Many on here laughed when I posted Chryst could be getting the axe 6hrs before the news hit the college football world. I think I have a clue mumbles.
Chryst is the one to blame Mr. Clueless. They felt the direction was going the wrong way with Chryst. In the interview McIntosh had with Leonhard a week before Fickell was formerly announced, it was clear to McIntosh the direction planned to take UW into the future was too much like Chryst's-- which is exactly what McIntosh wanted to move clear from. Meanwhile, Fickell's philosophy lined up very much with McIntosh's.

Chryst is the one to blame Mr. Clueless. They felt the direction was going the wrong way with Chryst. In the interview McIntosh had with Leonhard a week before Fickell was formerly announced, it was clear to McIntosh the direction planned to take UW into the future was too much like Chryst's-- which is exactly what McIntosh wanted to move clear from. Meanwhile, Fickell's philosophy lined up very much with McIntosh's.
Haha um yeah they knew that back when they fired Chryst. The same big Wisconsin donor that told me Chryst is likely to get axed told me Chryst and Leonhard were too aligned and were both responsible for the current state of the program. Leonhard was never going to be the guy. The same week Chryst was let go Wisconsin was already on the horn to several coaches. One inside rumor was they contacted Chris Petersen right away. Many wanted a younger coach though. Leonhard wasn't on anyones mind.

Haha um yeah they knew that back when they fired Chryst. The same big Wisconsin donor that told me Chryst is likely to get axed told me Chryst and Leonhard were too aligned and were both responsible for the current state of the program. Leonhard was never going to be the guy. The same week Chryst was let go Wisconsin was already on the horn to several coaches. One inside rumor was they contacted Chris Petersen right away. Many wanted a younger coach though. Leonhard wasn't on anyones mind.

That is true, he never had a shot at it from day 1. With that said, they made him believe he did, up until the last second. Fickell was in the bag for them before they played Iowa

Reactions: Auger
Best for both Leonhard and Fickell that they part ways now,.. I suspect the Packers will be calling again.

Reactions: amahawk
I spit my coffee out just a little when I read that. Excellent work!

Reactions: Bishop1971
McIntosh made it very clear in his first presser announcing the Chryst firing, with Leonhard right at his side, he was going to look at other candidates. So sorry dude, your "donor" buddy didn't provide you some scoop lol. Your 15-minutes of scoop fame never really got started.

Wow! Hate to have your coaching staff "too aligned" with one another.

ADVERTISEMENT