ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Buffett at Alpine Valley

ThorneStockton

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2009
Any other drunks, Parrot Heads or just general degenerates of HORT making the trip to Alpine Valley for Jimmy Buffett tomorrow?

I'll be driving north to set up camp and let the beer and liquor flow this evening, meeting a bunch of buddies that have made this trip probably 8 times in the past 15 years or so. Still need to get some supplies, I reckon about 5 bags of wine ought to do it this year.

Really hoping I won't draw the short straw and be the responsible one who drives the group to and from the venue.

/CSB Fins up

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
images

Buffett at alpine may be one of the most fun music events someone can attend….it’s like Hawkeye football tailgating on steroids, the venue is iconic and fun music.

In the many times I have went, I’ve never had less than an absolutely amazing time.

Same, the tailgating has always been fantastic. So many great memories and plenty of great times I don't remember quite so well.....

"I could go on for hours telling stories but I guess… you had to be there."

Any other drunks, Parrot Heads or just general degenerates of HORT making the trip to Alpine Valley for Jimmy Buffett tomorrow?

I'll be driving north to set up camp and let the beer and liquor flow this evening, meeting a bunch of buddies that have made this trip probably 8 times in the past 15 years or so. Still need to get some supplies, I reckon about 5 bags of wine ought to do it this year.

Really hoping I won't draw the short straw and be the responsible one who drives the group to and from the venue.

/CSB Fins up
Does Alpine Valley just let everyone pass out and sleep it off after the show? Or is there just a mass exodus of drunk drivers unleashed on the unsuspecting people of SE Wisconsin?

no-bro-thats-a-no-from-me.gif

I screwed the pooch on this. So pissed. I looked at his schedule a couple months ago…only saw shows in the south. I literally drove by Alpine 4 hours ago. No idea he was there. Well done, me.

Bummer, just saw the post about the cancellation…Thorne….are you on the ground and tailgating through the coming weather? Fins up!

Reactions: ThorneStockton
About 30 miles outside of Milwaukee. It was a favorite stop for The Grateful Dead.
Saw the Dead there a couple times. Usually 2-3 day events.

Just make sure you’re not doing anything stupid on the only road into the venue. Cops used to spot from afar and pull you over before getting into Apline Valley.

Great place to see a show.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
Saw the Dead there a couple times. Usually 2-3 day events.

Just make sure you’re not doing anything stupid on the only road into the venue. Cops used to spot from afar and pull you over before getting into Apline Valley.

Great place to see a show.
They still camp out on the roads about 10 miles outside of the venue when it's letting out. There's also quite a few plain clothes police wondering around as well.

Just remember folks, the two middle aged guys walking around the lot in crisp tie dyes, wrap around shades and white tennis shoes are not "cool".

They still camp out on the roads about 10 miles outside of the venue when it's letting out. There's also quite a few plain clothes police wondering around as well.

Just remember folks, the two middle aged guys walking around the lot in crisp tie dyes, wrap around shades and white tennis shoes are not "cool".
They used to sit it a Cherry picker with binoculars and be waiting for you at the entrance. They’d see you long before you even knew they were there.
Haven’t been back since ‘88 or ‘89.

Buffett at alpine may be one of the most fun music events someone can attend….it’s like Hawkeye football tailgating on steroids, the venue is iconic and fun music.

In the many times I have went, I’ve never had less than an absolutely amazing time.
2019 sucked. Hill side was so crowded with lawn Chairs there was no room to stand. I've been to 17 or 18 Buffett concerts there and that was the only year with that problem. Had tickets this year for probably our last time and it's postponed. We're old...

/CSB Fins up
He lives a few miles from me.
Big hillary supporter.
Also friends with eddie podalack.
I know - csb.

He lives a few miles from me.
Big hillary supporter.
Also friends with eddie podalack.
I know - csb.
When he played Des Moines about a decade ago I believe Eddie was up on the stage…I always thought the rumor was “we are the people our parents warned us about” had something to do with Podolak?

Already back home. Show got cancelled. Turns out my old tent isn't water proof anymore. Woke up naked and wet, everything in the tent, soaked. Can barely lift my right arm, lower back is sore. Had a great time.

gBDBuB9.jpg

8Gx0Yjw.jpg

LqtHd9w.jpg

QKqFw4w.jpg

Reactions: dgordo
Weather cause the cancellation, not just a delay of the show? And what in God’s name are those things all taped up looking like bales of cocaine?

Already back home. Show got cancelled. Turns out my old tent isn't water proof anymore. Woke up naked and wet, everything in the tent, soaked. Can barely lift my right arm, lower back is sore. Had a great time.

gBDBuB9.jpg

8Gx0Yjw.jpg

LqtHd9w.jpg

QKqFw4w.jpg
Whos the dude on your shoulder?

Had friends make the 8+ hour trip from SoDak only for it to end up being cancelled. Sucks for them but I'm sure they got their drink on.

/CSB Fins up
Just saw him in Austin last month. Sorry your show got rescheduled.

Does Alpine Valley just let everyone pass out and sleep it off after the show? Or is there just a mass exodus of drunk drivers unleashed on the unsuspecting people of SE Wisconsin?

no-bro-thats-a-no-from-me.gif
My experience is there is a mass exodus of drunk people leaving the show. Although it did seem the standard method of travel was to pack as many people into a van or station wagon as you could and have one person sober enough to drive all the others home. I've never heard of a major incident leaving one of these concerts so it seems to be working.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT