ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Zalesky named Asst Coach at Cal Poly Humboldt

Todd Conner

HB MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
Wow. Good for them. However, Zalesky appears to be taking a step down and will be moving to an interesting part of the state.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I've always liked Jimmy Zalesky. I know things didn't fare well for him in the coaching area towards the end at iowa, but the man was an absolute machine on the mat as a Hawkeye wrestler.
He is a good guy. Sure there are some hard feelings toward Iowa and the way his exit went down. It was a near impossible task to follow Gable and he did it pretty well until the last few years. Fun fact is that his nephew is former Hawkeye football kicker Marshall Koehn who had a nice career at Iowa and kicked a game winning 57 yard field goal as time expired awhile back!

He is a good guy. Sure there are some hard feelings toward Iowa and the way his exit went down. It was a near impossible task to follow Gable and he did it pretty well until the last few years. Fun fact is that his nephew is former Hawkeye football kicker Marshall Koehn who had a nice career at Iowa and kicked a game winning 57 yard field goal as time expired awhile back!

As I’ve said before, hope he comes back for the reunion at the football game this fall.

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT