ADVERTISEMENT

Jirehl Brock names top 7

It should be either NW or Iowa. Seems like a no brainer between those 2.
And a kick to the nads if he chooses one of the others. Unfortunately the factors that make this seem like a no brainer to us are frequently not big factors in a kid's decision.

Which team doesn't belong? Gotta give credit to ISU for making the final 7.

Does Iowa take 2 RBs in the class? I would say 1 unless the class size grows due to transfers , Indiana just got a RB commit today too so wonder if they are done or if that hurts their chances.

Does Iowa take 2 RBs in the class? I would say 1 unless the class size grows due to transfers , Indiana just got a RB commit today too so wonder if they are done or if that hurts their chances.

I get the feeling the coaches would like 2 rb's in most classes. I think this one is 2 for sure.

Reactions: dbrocket
Eye - you really are PsychoTwins without the stats within a minute and 37K posts on Iowa unless you are him. Buddy he ain't going to a bottom feeder knowing his coach is gone after 1 more bowl. Go to CF and get in line. Not first cause everybody knows this is a Hawkeye State. And always will be.

Eye - you really are PsychoTwins without the stats within a minute and 37K posts on Iowa unless you are him. Buddy he ain't going to a bottom feeder knowing his coach is gone after 1 more bowl. Go to CF and get in line. Not first cause everybody knows this is a Hawkeye State. And always will be.
What is really comical is the same things were being said about KF when he started winning in IC. It took KF a little longer to start winning, but you get the gist.

I definitely like our chances and Iowa’s offense fits this kids skill sets as well.. but we all know how things can change but I think he’s a lock for the Hawks

That's a very winnable list for us. Row the boat is a good salesman, Pat fitz with the academics and new buildings will be a tough fight, but "we" should be in it until the end ar OLine U. Thanks as always Blair.

I think we end up landing Brock. Illinois is probably the only real concern I have as a competitor for him. They are his home state school and have been killing it on the recruiting trail as of late. Still, I think Brock has a measured personality and will value his original offer from Iowa.

I understand that it is a nightmare scenario for you. If it makes you feel better, keep singing that tune and pray it happens because the alternative is full blown panic in Iowa city.

Minnesota, Illinois & Northwestern feel like the stiffest competition in this one.. you got the home state schools with NW’ern offering the academic’s and Chicago & Illinois relateability with Lovie & then Minny with a elite level charismatic used car salesman/motivational speaker for a head coach. Then Iowa, having the chance to run behind a unit of some of the best of the best of college football lineman! (Well trianed, hard working, blue collared, lunch box toting, steel toe boot wearing, iron molded offensive lineman around)

Jesus Eye/PsychoTwins you are what makes ISU well ISU. You idiots are actually proud your AD trolls Hawk fans and claims because some Hawk fan reminds him ISU will always be "second fiddle" that Iowa now realizes ISU is relevant? My God, you should be embarrassed. Your sports spokesperson claims relevance cause he was mocked?! Yikes.

Jesus Eye/PsychoTwins you are what makes ISU well ISU. You idiots are actually proud your AD trolls Hawk fans and claims because some Hawk fan reminds him ISU will always be "second fiddle" that Iowa now realizes ISU is relevant? My God, you should be embarrassed. Your sports spokesperson claims relevance cause he was mocked?! Yikes.
No, we just don't care. It obviously bothers you and others, so it is comical.

ISU fans hoping for a Ferentz-like tenure from Campbell actually makes me feel bad for them. They long for what we've enjoyed over the past 4 decades with 2 HOF coaches but will never experience it.

ISU fans hoping for a Ferentz-like tenure from Campbell actually makes me feel bad for them. They long for what we've enjoyed over the past 4 decades with 2 HOF coaches but will never experience it.
We are not hoping for Ferentz like tenure from Campbell. We shoot much higher than that. Campbell is starting to win sooner than Ferentz and he has upgraded recruiting significantly. He is also a number of years young than KF when he started. We have much higher aspirations.

It'll be impossible to retain Coach Campbell. He's a rising star who is on the short list of many major football programs (similar to Frost; Franklin, etc. once were) who can pay twice as much as the clones are willing to offer. Not sure if he's Catholic, but I can see him at Nortre Dame, or BC...Ames gets old real quick.

There with the delusion again. KF has 5 top 10 finishes. How many top 25 finishes does ISU have in its history? And what was its highest ranking ever? And actually I was wrong about u being PsychoTwins, he just trollls but seems mildly intelligent. I really think your are not even smart enough to troll.

It'll be impossible to retain Coach Campbell. He's a rising star who is on the short list of many major football programs (similar to Frost; Franklin, etc. once were) who can pay twice as much as the clones are willing to offer. Not sure if he's Catholic, but I can see him at Nortre Dame, or BC...Ames gets old real quick.
If Campbell starts competing for Conference championships at ISU, then he will get paid by us. You forget that ISU brings in a great deal of revenue as currently positioned and Campbell just publicly stated that coaches get paid too much. Much to the hawks chagrin, Campbell is going to be in Ames for a long time if the program continues to improve.

If Campbell starts competing for Conference championships at ISU, then he will get paid by us. You forget that ISU brings in a great deal of revenue as currently positioned and Campbell just publicly stated that coaches get paid too much. Much to the hawks chagrin, Campbell is going to be in Ames for a long time if the program continues to improve.
No, if Campbell starts competing for Conference championships at ISU, he'll be snatched up even faster by one of the "Big Boys" ~ get out of your bubble.

No, if Campbell starts competing for Conference championships at ISU, he'll be snatched up even faster by one of the "Big Boys" ~ get out of your bubble.
What a nightmare for the hawks if ISU moves toward "Big Boy" status with Campbell staying in Ames.

28toj7.jpg

What a nightmare for the hawks if ISU moves toward "Big Boy" status with Campbell staying in Ames.

Big boy and isu in the same sentence is the only thing comical in this thread. I nearly spit my coffee out when reading that. Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: lonesomedove
Not only are you losing Coach Campbell, but all his Assistant Coaches are going to be stolen before his jet departs :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT