HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
March 15 UPDATE:

JoBo now has 162 assists and 82 made 3 point shots

Compare those #s to these other 9:

C6iQBXNU4AA16gT.jpg

March 9 UPDATE:

JoBo has reached at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers (he has 151 assists, 79 made 3 point shots) and has joined just 9 other Division I FRESHMAN players in the history of college basketball to do so.

From @iowahoops, Matt Benson (@m
benson6) and
Per @collegebb_ref, Jordan Bohannon is now only the 10th Division I freshman in the last 25 seasons with 75+ three-pointers & 150+ assists.

The others:

C6iQBXNU4AA16gT.jpg

From @iowahoops: Jordan (151) is now Iowa's single-season assists leader for a freshman (140 by Jeff Horner in 2003),

Currently JoBo has 151 assists (4th in the B1G) and 79 made 3 pointers for the year. There is only one other player in the history of Iowa basketball, regardless of class, who has reached 70+ three-pointers & 100+ assists in a season: Jeff Horner (he did it twice).

From @iowahoops and ‏@mbenson6: Iowa players with 70+ three-pointers & 100+ assists in a season all-time: Bohannon (2016-17) Horner (2004-05 & 2005-06)

March 6 UPDATE:

JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so (he has 141 assists, 73 made 3 point shots), he will join just 9 other FRESHMAN players in the history of college basketball to do so.

From @iowahoops: Jordan (141) is now Iowa's single-season assists leader for a freshman (140 by Jeff Horner in 2003),

Currently JoBo has 141 assists (4th in the B1G) and 73 made 3 pointers for the year. There is only one other player in the history of Iowa basketball, regardless of class, who has reached 70+ three-pointers & 100+ assists in a season: Jeff Horner (he did it twice).

From @iowahoops and ‏@mbenson6: Iowa players with 70+ three-pointers & 100+ assists in a season all-time: Bohannon (2016-17) Horner (2004-05 & 2005-06)

ORIGINAL POST

JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other FRESHMAN players in the history of college basketball to do so.

Currently JoBo has 131 assists (4th in the B1G) and 68 made 3 pointers for the year. There is only one other player in the history of Iowa basketball, regardless of class, who has done that: Jeff Horner (he did it twice).

From @iowahoops: Jordan (131) is 10 assists from becoming Iowa's single-season assists leader for a freshman (140 by Jeff Horner in 2003),

Other Source (go to the 4 minute mark to hear some of the amazing stats JoBo is putting up): http://www.kcrg.com/content/sports/On-Iowa-Live-Iowas-big-win-at-Maryland-414931563.html

NOT BAD FOR A FALL BACK RECRUIT!!!

Last edited:
JBomb has substantially exceeded my expectations. The fact that he is hitting 40% from the 3 as a freshman is pretty amazing. That's elite level, and not many kids can do it their first year. Moreover, he is being contested, many of those shots are from deep and he isn't needing someone to set him up. Best of all, he has proven to be extremely tough mentally. Really, the only thing he needs to develop is consistency from game to game.

Without spending any time looking this up I find this VERY hard to believe.

Its funny how Iowa fans want to give JoBo ZERO credit for what he has done this year.

A fan says he's accomplished "such and such," and there is an immediate "well, that can't be true."

Its funny how Iowa fans want to give JoBo ZERO credit for what he has done this year.

A fan says he's accomplished "such and such," and there is an immediate "well, that can't be true."
You aren't very bright, are you? You listed a stat which I claimed to be hard to believe so you immediately get all defensive and start making accusations. Are you related to Kilroy?

You aren't very bright, are you? You listed a stat which I claimed to be hard to believe so you immediately get all defensive and start making accusations. Are you related to Kilroy?

Wow. Look who is getting defensive! You say I am not bright? Really?

And speaking about not being very bright, how about we turn the spot light on you? You stated above, and I quote, "Without spending any time looking this up I find this VERY hard to believe." Well, that makes you look and sound foolish. I didn't make the numbers up; watch the video! It came up on live TV.

And you call yourself a legend? Why is that? What makes you a legend? Is your ego and your head that big?

Does anyone appreciate anything you have to say? If so, I would really like someone to say so by responding. This should be interesting.

Wow. Look who is getting defensive! You say I am not bright? Really?

And speaking about not being very bright, how about we turn the spot light on you? You stated above, and I quote, "Without spending any time looking this up I find this VERY hard to believe." Well, that makes you look and sound foolish. I didn't make the numbers up; watch the video! It came up on live TV.

And you call yourself a legend? Why is that? What makes you a legend? Is your ego and your head that big?

Does anyone appreciate anything you have to say? If so, I would really like someone to say so by responding. This should be interesting.

One doesn't have to be defensive when they are right, which I am.

I did a little research and your statement of "JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other players in the history of college basketball to do so" is laughable.

One doesn't have to be defensive when they are right, which I am.

I did a little research and your statement of "JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other players in the history of college basketball to do so" is laughable.

I have (1) a source and (2) an actual name who stated what I wrote. It's obvious you did not watch the video. I did not come up with the numbers out of thin air. Yet, you did some research, huh? Provide a link then!

Where is your source, Mr Legend? Oh,that's right....

I am still waiting to see who likes you on here. Do you think anybody will say, "Oh, yeah, I like Legend12; he's a great poster!"

I have (1) a source and (2) an actual name who stated what I wrote. It's obvious you did not watch the video. I did not come up with the numbers out of thin air. Yet, you did some research, huh? Provide a link then!

Where is your source, Mr Legend? Oh,that's right....

I am still waiting to see who likes you on here. Do you think anybody will say, "Oh, yeah, I like Legend12; he's a great poster!"
My source is common sense, something you obviously fail to utilize.

The 150 assists/75 3Pters threshold has been accomplished by at least 4 players in the last 2 season of Big Ten play:

Denzel Valentine
Yogi Ferrell
Travis Trice
D'Angelo Russell

Add Jeff Horner to the list and do you really think that there are only 3 other college basketball players who have done this?

Think. It's not that hard. Well, then again, for you.......

My source is common sense, something you obviously fail to utilize.

The 150 assists/75 3Pters threshold has been accomplished by at least 4 players in the last 2 season of Big Ten play:

Denzel Valentine
Yogi Ferrell
Travis Trice
D'Angelo Russell

Add Jeff Horner to the list and do you really think that there are only 3 other college basketball players who have done this?

Think. It's not that hard. Well, then again, for you.......

First you said you did some research. Now you are back peddling saying that now you are just using common sense. I knew you would reply, once again, with nothing but a bunch of garbage and no links to back anything that you say up.

Is that what makes you a legend in your own mind? Because you post a bunch of garbage?

Once again, Mr Legend, the following statement is backed up with a source. How is that for using some common sense?

JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other players in the history of college basketball to do so.

came out of Zach Bohannon's mouth on live TV

If someone on the magic teevee box said it, well then it must be true..... I could believe that only 9 other freshmen have had seasons with 150 assists, and 75 made 3s, but that's not what you thread titles claims.

If someone on the magic teevee box said it, well then it must be true..... I could believe that only 9 other freshmen have had seasons with 150 assists, and 75 made 3s, but that's not what you thread titles claims.

I simply quoted the man; apparently you did not watch the video either

First you said you did some research. Now you are back peddling saying that now you are just using common sense. I knew you would reply, once again, with nothing but a bunch of garbage and no links to back anything that you say up.

Is that what makes you a legend in your own mind? Because you post a bunch of garbage?

Once again, Mr Legend, the following statement is backed up with a source. How is that for using some common sense?

JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other players in the history of college basketball to do so.

Common sense and an understanding of college basketball should be all the evidence you need to know that your post was incredibly stupid, but it seems you lack both.

Per ESPN.com, BigTen.org and goduke.statsgeek.com, here are SOME of the players who have accomplished this rare feat you assert has only been done by 9 players in college basketball history:

Big Ten
Jeff Horner
Denzel Valentine
Yogi Ferrell
Travis Trice
D'Angelo Russell
Luther Head
Dee Brown
Drew Beitzel
Jamar Butler

Duke has 4:
Bobby Hurley
Jason Williams
Jon Scheyer
William Avery

Some other notable names:
Bryce Alford
Marcus Paige
Allen Iverson

Last edited:
Minnesota fan here. I am a big fan of sports-reference and they have a player season finder that you can actually use to find this out. I ran the criteria and indeed, this is partially true. If Bohannon reaches 150 assists and 75 made 3's, he will become only the 10th Freshman since 1992 to achieve those benchmarks. The other 9 players are:

Stephon Marbury
Deangelo Russell
Brandon Knight
Khalid El-Amin
Chris Warren
Chris Thomas
Gerry McNamara
Ben Larson
Bryce Drew

Unfortunately the data only goes back to 1992. Also the college 3-point line was implemented universally in 1986 so there is an 8 year gap in which other Freshman could have accomplished this feat. So it isn't entirely true, but it is mostly true and very impressive by Bohannon.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...50&c2stat=fg3&c2comp=gt&c2val=75&order_by=pts

Minnesota fan here. I am a big fan of sports-reference and they have a player season finder that you can actually use to find this out. I ran the criteria and indeed, this is partially true. If Bohannon reaches 150 assists and 75 made 3's, he will become only the 10th Freshman since 1992 to achieve those benchmarks. The other 9 players are:

Stephon Marbury
Deangelo Russell
Brandon Knight
Khalid El-Amin
Chris Warren
Chris Thomas
Gerry McNamara
Ben Larson
Bryce Drew

Unfortunately the data only goes back to 1992. Also the college 3-point line was implemented universally in 1986 so there is an 8 year gap in which other Freshman could have accomplished this feat. So it isn't entirely true, but it is mostly true and very impressive by Bohannon.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&class_is_fr=Y&force:class_is=1&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&games_type=A&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=150&c2stat=fg3&c2comp=gt&c2val=75&order_by=pts

Thank you!

If you watch the video, he did not state "freshman only:" I simply quoted what came out of his mouth and thought it was "thread worthy," especially since people on this board like to state everything that is wrong with JoBo's game

Common sense and an understanding of college basketball should be all the evidence you need to know that your post was incredibly stupid, but it seems you lack both.

Per ESPN.com, BigTen.org and goduke.statsgeek.com, here are SOME of the players who have accomplished this rare feat you assert has only been done by 8 players in college basketball history:

Big Ten
Jeff Horner
Denzel Valentine
Yogi Ferrell
Travis Trice
D'Angelo Russell
Luther Head
Dee Brown
Drew Beitzel
Jamar Butler

Duke has 4:
Bobby Hurley
Jason Williams
Jon Scheyer
William Avery

Some other notable names:
Bryce Alford
Marcus Paige
Allen Iverson

Common sense would dictate that everyone has you on IGNORE.

Solid thread edit after being proved wrong.

"JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other players in the history of college basketball to do so."

JBomb has substantially exceeded my expectations. The fact that he is hitting 40% from the 3 as a freshman is pretty amazing. That's elite level, and not many kids can do it their first year. Moreover, he is being contested, many of those shots are from deep and he isn't needing someone to set him up. Best of all, he has proven to be extremely tough mentally. Really, the only thing he needs to develop is consistency from game to game.

He almost has as many 3s as Jok, who I consider to be an exemplary shooter. It's crazy.

Solid thread edit after being proved wrong.

"JoBo is on pace to reach at least 150 assists and 75 made three pointers. If he does so, he will join just 9 other players in the history of college basketball to do so."

3 things:
* Did you watch the video? Of course not.
* Did I quote him verbatim? Yes I did, but you care to ignore that.
* Once it appeared that the stats were related to the freshman year only, I added the one word, "freshman."

Nice grammar, by the way. Perhaps you would like to edit your post as well, since I have PROVEN your grammar is poor.

3 things:
* Once it appeared that the stats were related to the freshman year only, I added the one word, "freshman."

Nice grammar, by the way. Perhaps you would like to edit your post as well, since I have PROVEN your grammar is poor.
1. I did watch the video, so that's awkward
2. Yep, and the stat struck me as unlikely when he said it too. Reporting false information then blaming the source doesn't just get you off the hook
3. Oops, I made a mistake. Fortunately, I'm okay admitting it.

3 things:

Quoting false information is still, obviously, false. Its not accurate just because its a "source."

The correct response would have been to either verify the information or not defend its accuracy without knowledge.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
3 things:

Incorrect. Verbatim = word for word. You did not quote what was stated on live television verbatim.

Well, I for one appreciate Legends posts. His witty banter and sharp humor are entertaining. I heard he once talked a guy from jumping off a bridge by insulting him long enough he came down to throw down. Just what I heard.

Reactions: hawksense and nu2u

Stephon Marbury
Deangelo Russell
Brandon Knight
Khalid El-Amin
Chris Warren
Chris Thomas
Gerry McNamara
Ben Larson
Bryce Drew

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&class_is_fr=Y&force:class_is=1&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&games_type=A&c1stat=ast&c1comp=gt&c1val=150&c2stat=fg3&c2comp=gt&c2val=75&order_by=pts

More to the point....this is a very impressive performance for any freshmen, since there have been thousands of point guards come and go in the 25 seasons for which easily obtained statistics appear to be available. Right now there are nine starting point guards with fewer assists, more turnovers and a worse A/TO ratio than Bohannon.

Obviously Winston is playing really well for Sparty but the other two freshmen starting point guards not have only fewer assists but also more turnovers and very unacceptable A/TO ratios of 1.56 (Carr) and 1.68 (Cowan). Bohannon is a great free throw shooter.

Very lucky to have Bohannon.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Well, I for one appreciate Legends posts. His witty banter and sharp humor are entertaining. I heard he once talked a guy from jumping off a bridge by insulting him long enough he came down to throw down. Just what I heard.
You clearly have a lot to learn from your mentor.

Stephon Marbury
Deangelo Russell
Brandon Knight
Khalid El-Amin
Chris Warren
Chris Thomas
Gerry McNamara
Ben Larson
Bryce Drew

thank you again!

Zach Bohannon replied to me on Twitter with this: "9 freshmen have done this in the history of college basketball!."

I love how he feeds the post, too. His bounce passes are really good. His turnovers are decreasing as well.

1. I did watch the video, so that's awkward
2. Yep, and the stat struck me as unlikely when he said it too. Reporting false information then blaming the source doesn't just get you off the hook
3. Oops, I made a mistake. Fortunately, I'm okay admitting it.

Again, this is a message board; I relayed the message. I quoted him, so what I stated in my orig post is what came out of his mouth; he was talking about the history of college basketball and he did not say anything about "freshmen only"; if he had, I would have obviously mentioned that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT