ADVERTISEMENT

Jobless claims at 45 year low

What's the employment rate? My beef with the Obama unemployment rate numbers was that there were always a lower percentage of the potential workforce not being employed - don't care about just those filing claims. Is the employed % going up?

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I love how these numbers weren't believed when Obama was in charge, but now that Trump is, his supporters can't stop sucking his dick over them.

No kidding. What did we always hear about jobless claims during the Obama recovery? "That's because people dropped out of the job market." "What's the participation rate?" "How many have used up their benefits?"

No kidding. What did we always hear about jobless claims during the Obama recovery? "That's because people dropped out of the job market." "What's the participation rate?" "How many have used up their benefits?"
Obama takes an economy losing 750,000 jobs a month and turns it into an economy adding 200,000 jobs a month. Whereas Trump takes an economy adding 200,000 jobs a month and turns it into an economy adding 200,000 jobs a month. Yet the Trumpers want to say that Trump is the better man.

This isn’t a shot at Trumpsters, but despite the numbers you quote his approval ratings remain low. While support for the tax bill is up it’s under 50% and Democrats have won special elections in red districts. Wouldn’t you have been much better off electing Rubio or frankly, dumping Trump for Pence

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
This isn’t a shot at Trumpsters, but despite the numbers you quote his approval ratings remain low. While support for the tax bill is up it’s under 50% and Democrats have won special elections in red districts. Wouldn’t you have been much better off electing Rubio or frankly, dumping Trump for Pence
Probably, but the people who made that decision made that decision and we all live with it, good and bad.

Trumpers are buying into the Ponzi scheme. Everything seems fine now and you might even be seeing some decent early returns, but at some point, the weakness of Trump's policy will be exposed and the results will be catastrophic.

We didn't really have a choice with Trump,... Just like you didn't really have a choice with Hillary.

We didn't really have a choice with Trump,... Just like you didn't really have a choice with Hillary.
You didn't have a choice but to vote for a guy who didn't know anything about the issues, acted like a toddler, sexually assaulted women, and swindled hundreds of millions of dollars out of his fellow Americans with fake universities and charities?

You didn't have a choice but to vote for a guy who didn't know anything about the issues, acted like a toddler, sexually assaulted women, and swindled hundreds of millions of dollars out of his fellow Americans with fake universities and charities?

This. Whether you liked her or not, Secretary Clinton was and is an intelligent, knowledgeable, competent, experience and qualified politician and diplomat. Donald Trump was and is an unintelligent, ignorant, incurious, hatemongering bigot and lifetime con man utterly unqualified and unfit for the job. People who chose to vote for Trump over Secretary Clinton derelicted their duty as responsible voters and betrayed their county by voting for an unqualified and utterly unfit candidate.

This. Whether you liked her or not, Secretary Clinton was and is an intelligent, knowledgeable, competent, experience and qualified politician and diplomat. Donald Trump was and is an unintelligent, ignorant, incurious, hatemongering bigot and lifetime con man utterly unqualified and unfit for the job. People who chose to vote for Trump over Secretary Clinton derelicted their duty as responsible voters and betrayed their county by voting for an unqualified and utterly unfit candidate.
Hillary is a bitch. She excused her husband cheating on her. And she wouldn't have done much for the working class. But by God she knew the issues backwards and forthwards and acted and spoke like an adult. It's not much, but it's still light-years more than what Trump offered.

No, I had a choice in that,... which I exercised by not voting for a president this time out. What I had no choice in was ending up with marginal president as that was going to be a given with a Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton election....

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeye54545
No, I had a choice that,... which I exercised by not voting for a president this time out. What I had no choice in was ending up with marginal president as that was going to be a given with a Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton election....
I agree that Hillary is marginal. She's brilliant, hardworking, and knows everything. But she wouldn't have done much of anything to help most Americans, because she doesn't care about most of middle America. But Jesus Christ, one of them was going to become our next president. I get both choice sucking. But if it's between eating a frozen pizza for dinner or a lump of shit, you have to go with the pizza.

I agree that Hillary is marginal. She's brilliant, hardworking, and knows everything. But she wouldn't have done much of anything to help most Americans, because she doesn't care about most of middle America. But Jesus Christ, one of them was going to become our next president. I get both choice sucking. But if it's between eating a frozen pizza for dinner or a lump of shit, you have to go with the pizza.

Well, personally I think you are giving Hillary way too much credit and Trump perhaps not enough,.... When it came time to order I didn't like what was on the menu so I let the group decide. The group chose shit, so shit it is...

If the dumbass would stay off twitter, and stop responding to his detractors....his approval rates would jump 7-10 points in a week.
There are some good things happening, but constant shitshow never allows them to be talked about.

Well, personally I think you are giving Hillary way too much credit and Trump perhaps not enough,.... When it came time to order I didn't like what was on the menu so I let the group decide. The group chose shit, so shit it is...
I may be giving Hillary too much credit. I'll give you that. But let's be honest. Trump deserves no credit. He has proven that he knows absolutely nothing about how any of this works. He doesn't know anything about our tax system, our trade agreements, the economy, how to fight ISIS, or even immigration. All he has is a few buzz words he repeats over and over and then tells people to just believe him when it comes to actual details. So, no. In that light, nobody should give Trump credit for anything. You don't deserve credit for the successes of things you don't even understand.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I think whenever this news came out under Obama, Republicans would say, 'that's because people have stopped looking for work'.

I may be giving Hillary too much credit. I'll give you that. But let's be honest. Trump deserves no credit. He has proven that he knows absolutely nothing about how any of this works. He doesn't know anything about our tax system, our trade agreements, the economy, how to fight ISIS, or even immigration. All he has is a few buzz words he repeats over and over and then tells people to just believe him when it comes to actual details. So, no. In that light, nobody should give Trump credit for anything. You don't deserve credit for the successes of things you don't even understand.

And so far I don't see where Trump has gotten credit for anything that he's done,.... You should be satisfied, so shut up and eat your shit....

And so far I don't see where Trump has gotten credit for anything that he's done,.... You should be satisfied, so shut up and eat your shit....
Again. How is it possible to give someone credit for something that they don't understand? Can you name anything that Trump understands at a deep level that is related to domestic or international issues?

Trumpers are buying into the Ponzi scheme. Everything seems fine now and you might even be seeing some decent early returns, but at some point, the weakness of Trump's policy will be exposed and the results will be catastrophic.
And if they aren't,you will still claim they are.

If the dumbass would stay off twitter, and stop responding to his detractors....his approval rates would jump 7-10 points in a week.
There are some good things happening, but constant shitshow never allows them to be talked about.

This. His arrogance and refusal to be criticized overshadows anything good he accomplishes.

By the way, it takes more than just one man to impact the stock market the way it has performed in the last 10 years. But, if I'm wrong, I'm happy to give credit to Trump for the last year, :) and Obama the credit for the 8 years before that. :)

No, I had a choice that,... which I exercised by not voting for a president this time out. What I had no choice in was ending up with marginal president as that was going to be a given with a Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton election....

This. I never liked Hillary and never voted for her or Bill in a primary. But between her and Trump the choice was a slam dunk for any intellectually honest person.

For phuques sake George Will and Charles Krauthammer supported Hillary over Trump. And they absolutely hate Hillary.

If I were six inches taller I'd be half a foot taller. And if I were better looking I'd be handsome.

Trump behaves like a buffoon because he's a buffoon.

Again. How is it possible to give someone credit for something that they don't understand? Can you name anything that Trump understands at a deep level that is related to domestic or international issues?
Really wish I could have gotten a response to what if any policies Trump has a deep understanding of?

I think whenever this news came out under Obama, Republicans would say, 'that's because people have stopped looking for work'.
Yeah, but that's because it was true at the time. I would say the same thing now if it's true. It may be. I haven't looked to see what the employment rate is.

The companies that are coming back to the US, expanding, and giving bonuses would argue with you. The stock market that has risen close to 30% would argue with you. ISIS would argue with you, and your paycheck would argue with you. Sometimes you can’t allow your hatred of the guy to distort some of the good things that are happening.

Reactions: hawkland14
Thanks Obama.

united-states-jobless-claims.png

Quite frankly I think his best quality is really not getting all of that much accomplished and that has seemed to make the markets happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT