ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Alt commits to Notre Dame

Good luck to the kid. I think the Hawks might be aiming higher imo.

If you believe in ********, he's a low 3* and NDs lowest ranked commit.

Last edited:
Reactions: kentadel
So the guy doesn’t have the allegiances of his father otherwise he would’ve been a Hawkeye weeks ago we will be fine without him.

Does Notre Dame still have a football program? Haven't heard anything about them in a long time.....

Reactions: JBo4Three
Best of luck to the young man. His Parents must be proud. Notre Dame would be hard to turn down even with Hawkeye blood in your veins.

One thing I do know about Notre Dame football is that they are virtually guaranteed a preseason Top 10 ranking by every single ranking organization in existence.

That's true, whether they deserve it or not......

You must not follow college football.

They have finished ranked in the top 15 after 4 of the last 5 seasons and made the CFP in 2018.

Here ya go:
Definition of sarcasm. 1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance.

As someone of more than 50% Irish genes, I am offended by the Fighting Irish name. It implies drunken Irishmen fighting which is a terrible stereotype and it must get banned for all eternity.

I believe he's John Alts son so, yes he would be a legacy...Not sure I call him a miss though considering we have several commits from higher ranked OL who are probably much more ready to play earlier......
It’s a miss to me, you keep it in the family if family is the culture. My opinion.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
It’s a miss to me, you keep it in the family if family is the culture. My opinion.
I get that Katman, I do, I just think the number of rides we can hand out each season to one position is limited. The last several classes including the one still in progress have been very solid for OL talent including several guys that may very well play early. Young Alt seems more of a Jack Plumb type recruit who needs to grow into his body. He may, or may not ever be an impact player at Iowa. Honestly if Alt is starting for ND in the next couple of years, I'll be shocked or at least really wonder if they are struggling recruiting wise. Like you I love Iowa getting legacy and Iowa kids, but first and foremost I want to see them get the best possible players, and recruiting at this position looks very good right now.

Notre Dame achieves less results with more talent than just about any other program in the country, with perhaps the exception of Texas. No way in hell I'd want my kid playing for Brian Kelly, he's a lunatic.

As someone of more than 50% Irish genes, I am offended by the Fighting Irish name. It implies drunken Irishmen fighting which is a terrible stereotype and it must get banned for all eternity.
Well, Jesus was Irish so you got that going for you. How do we know?

a. He had 12 drinking buddies.
b. He never left home till he was 33.
c. His mother thought he was God...

Reactions: Birdmanil and nu2u
treachery-concept-man-being-stabbed-260nw-1167345265.jpg.cf.jpg

Ouch! (JK) I wish nothing but the best for the kid his pops is a strait up top notch human being as a former Hawkeye great

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT