ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden, frequent Delaware vacationer, doesn’t have time for your stupid border

Apr 18, 2021
Buckhead GA
President Joe Biden still hasn’t been to the U.S.-Mexico border, where a humanitarian crisis of his administration's own making has raged for the past several months. He is just too darn busy, the president explained Thursday evening during a town hall event hosted by CNN.

Yes, all presidents are busy. But not all presidents make two dozen trips to Delaware over the span of 10 months.

“Do you have plans to visit the southern border?” asked host Anderson Cooper.

Said Biden, “I’ve been there before and I haven't — I mean, I know it well.”

Let’s stop right there and review the facts. Biden hasn’t been to the border in 13 years, and even then it was only because he drove past El Paso, Texas, on his way to a campaign event.

Asked Friday why the president said he has been to the border when the facts show this doesn’t appear to be the case, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed the last time Biden has been near the border was when former President Barack Obama first ran for president.

"He did drive through the border when he was on the campaign trail in 2008,” she said.

If you think this is bad, the rest of Biden’s response Thursday evening is worse.

“I guess I should go down,” the president said. “But the whole point of it is I haven't had a whole hell of a lot of time to get down. I’ve been spending time going around looking at the $900 billion worth of damage done by — by hurricanes and floods and weather and traveling around the world.”

As of this writing, Biden is scheduled to spend yet another weekend at his home in Delaware. This marks his 20th such trip since becoming president, according to former CBS News reporter Mark Knoller.

In total, Biden has visited Delaware 24 times since January.

The president has also done 10 weekends at the presidential retreat at Camp David, according to Breitbart’s Charlie Spiering.

“Biden enjoys leaving the White House on Friday and returning home on Monday, following a similar schedule that he enjoyed as a U.S. senator,” Spiering notes. “Instead of riding Amtrak, Biden utilizes the presidential Marine One helicopter to fly back and forth from Washington, D.C.”

On Thursday, Biden scrambled to address the question of why he hasn’t prioritized visiting the border to survey the slow-rolling humanitarian crisis that has grown exponentially worse on his watch.

“I plan on – now, my wife Jill has been down,” he said, as if the first lady were an acceptable substitute for the commander-in-chief. “She's been on both sides of the river. She's seen the circumstances there. She's looked into those places.”

The whole “But have they visited the border?” gotcha stuff is ridiculous, whether it’s aimed at Trump or Biden or anyone else. Who gives a shit, really?

If the Biden administration secret 4AM illegal aliens flights from the border started dropping them off in Greenville, DE he might change his tune.

Reactions: SIXERS24
If the Biden administration secret 4AM illegal aliens flights from the border started dropping them off in Greenville, DE he might change his tune.

Found your wife/sister.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT