ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden praises RDS for Hurricane response

KFsdisciple

HR Legend
Jul 3, 2003
linky

Hello and welcome to Thursday.

Greetings —
“Mr. President, welcome to Florida.” Those were the words that Gov. Ron DeSantis gave moments ahead of President Joe Biden's remarks on the ground amid the devastation wrought by Hurricane Ian.

The meeting— DeSantis and Biden have for months now exchanged barbs and criticism over everything from immigration to vaccines and masks with the most recent tussle being over DeSantis’ decision to transport migrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard. But all that was gone on Wednesday. Instead, there was a handshake, there was a briefing and there were pledges of cooperation. No drama and no finger-pointing, perhaps to the disappointment of the D.C. media crowd.

Bipartisan praise—
DeSantis thanked Biden for the collaboration between the federal government and the state. And Biden — who was supposed to hold a political rally in Orlando with Charlie Crist right before the hurricane slammed into the state — praised DeSantis’ efforts. “I think he’s done a good job,” Biden told reporters. He added, “we have very different political philosophies, but we’ve worked hand in glove.”

DeSantis plays nice with Biden post-Ian. But for how long?

Play Video

Close enough?— No, it’s not an endorsement for DeSantis’ second term, but it comes at a time when some Democrats had begun to question the governor’s storm response efforts and it will likely add to the momentum behind DeSantis as he approaches the November election.

About that one comment— There was one moment that some pundits latched onto, and that’s when Biden said the storm and other disasters have ended the discussion on climate change and that the governor had recognized “global warming.” Some saw it as a slight to DeSantis since it’s a term he doesn’t use and he has said previously that it gets used to justify “left wing stuff.” But DeSantis has championed mitigation and resiliency efforts, including spending money to deal with rising sea levels.

The path ahead— Will this type of bipartisan harmony last long? Oh, probably not forever or even a few months from now. If DeSantis runs for president in 2024, there will be plenty of time to resume the partisan rhetoric. But it wouldn’t be a surprise if DeSantis remains focused on storm recovery efforts between now and Nov. 8 and kept the political posturing in the background.

Weird that Biden can come together with a Republican governor to respond to a massive hurricane where both sides praise each other, yet people from the right call Biden senile and the worst president ever.
Of course this also sort of ruins the false narrative the LAM was trying to paint of the job RDS had done post Ian.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Weird that Biden can come together with a Republican governor to respond to a massive hurricane where both sides praise each other, yet people from the right call Biden senile and the worst president ever.

Yeah you're right,.. it is weird that Biden is senile and the worst president ever,.. really weird.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Biden also said he was raised in the Puerto Rican community recently.

I thought he said he was raised in a coal mining community?

Well?

maury-thats-a-lie.gif

Biden also said he was raised in the Puerto Rican community recently.

I thought he said he was raised in a coal mining community?

Well?

maury-thats-a-lie.gif
Never let an opportunity to perpetuate the propaganda. LOL. Here's what he actually said.

Biden referenced his political history working in Puerto Rico, mentioning that his home state of Delaware has a "very, in relative terms, large" Puerto Rican community.

"I was sort of raised in the Puerto Rican community at home politically," Biden said.

Never let an opportunity to perpetuate the propaganda. LOL. Here's what he actually said.

Biden referenced his political history working in Puerto Rico, mentioning that his home state of Delaware has a "very, in relative terms, large" Puerto Rican community.

"I was sort of raised in the Puerto Rican community at home politically," Biden said.
Joe is nothing if he's not a man of the people... he's been caught telling stories a few times, and its okay cause the details of stuff get messed up when you're old and senile. He often doesn't know where he is, and now is looking around for dead people. This really is low on the totem pole of issues the man has.

Joe is nothing if he's not a man of the people... he's been caught telling stories a few times, and its okay cause the details of stuff get messed up when you're old and senile. He often doesn't know where he is, and now is looking around for dead people. This really is low on the totem pole of issues the man has.
That may be true but what I was responding to is the ever present misrepresentation by those of you on the far right. It's fed to you and you gobble it up day after day after day. It's as hilarious as it is sad.

Dude, you just took a swipe at the media, only to echo a misleading (but, of course, keeping you nice and drunk with affirmations) RW media narrative.

And now, when called on it? You accept zero responsibility for your own dipshittery. Rather, you deflect to blurt out moar affirmations.

That may be true but what I was responding to is the ever present misrepresentation by those of you on the far right. It's fed to you and you gobble it up day after day after day. It's as hilarious as it is sad.
can you provide an example of this? I mean these things happen and they're either ignored or there's some excuse as to why they are okay. Joe falling off the bike... oh his foot got caught in the pedal... wandering off when the secret service is directing him which way to go on the lawn of the WH, the constant things he says when reading a teleprompter, the scary stuff he says when he's trying to freestyle, the looking around to shake hands of people who aren't there. Now he's caught saying you don't *** with a biden.. It used to be just Peter Doocey asking these questions and it was easy to dismiss as peter being a peter.. but now even the regime-approved media is asking the questions...

Reactions: Finance85
can you provide an example of this? I mean these things happen and they're either ignored or there's some excuse as to why they are okay. Joe falling off the bike... oh his foot got caught in the pedal... wandering off when the secret service is directing him which way to go on the lawn of the WH, the constant things he says when reading a teleprompter, the scary stuff he says when he's trying to freestyle, the looking around to shake hands of people who aren't there. Now he's caught saying you don't *** with a biden.. It used to be just Peter Doocey asking these questions and it was easy to dismiss as peter being a peter.. but now even the regime-approved media is asking the questions...
WTF? I just gave you an example. You are one dumb mother****er. JFC.

So you started this thread so you could eventually get this rant in?

You're a miserable fvcking waste of sperm.

I’m not sure what you think this post of yours adds except showing your infatuation with me, but I was responding to the notion ‘civility’ was the domain of one side or the other.
And you responded with an actor when we are talking about politicians. You're a clown.

Reactions: BelemNole
And you responded with an actor when we are talking about politicians. You're a clown.
Don’t you ever, ever, let anybody take away your roots, your culture, who you are. Ever,” Tlaib told the crowd in the packed space. “Because when you (hang onto those things), people love you and you win. And when your son looks at you and says, ‘Mama, look. You won. Bullies don’t win.’

“And I said, ‘Baby, they don’t,’ because we’re gonna go in there and we’re gonna impeach the motherf––.”

The crowd inside the State Room bar, near the Capitol, responded to Tlaib’s remarks with applause, cheers and shouts of approval, according to a widely shared video taken by immigration activist Nestor Ruiz.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Don’t you ever, ever, let anybody take away your roots, your culture, who you are. Ever,” Tlaib told the crowd in the packed space. “Because when you (hang onto those things), people love you and you win. And when your son looks at you and says, ‘Mama, look. You won. Bullies don’t win.’

“And I said, ‘Baby, they don’t,’ because we’re gonna go in there and we’re gonna impeach the motherf––.”

The crowd inside the State Room bar, near the Capitol, responded to Tlaib’s remarks with applause, cheers and shouts of approval, according to a widely shared video taken by immigration activist Nestor Ruiz.
Seems like you're learning, but we all know better. It won't be long before you're off on another tangent or cutting/pasting irrelevant information.

But good for you on this one.

can the right just admit they don’t want civility? biden and desantis worked together to get something done and the only takeaway is the foolish statement that biden is senile and the worst president ever. what a bunch of brain dead idiots
“WTF? I just gave you an example. You are one dumb mother****er. JFC.” 3 posts down… and it’s me/us who don’t want civility? Come on man!

So you started this thread so you could eventually get this rant in?

You're a miserable fvcking waste of sperm.
No I started this thread in response to the previous RDS thread that was trying to use LAM reports that RDS didn’t handle Ian well.

And you have only said nice things about said republican governor! Lol

I thought it was the Lying Ass Leftist Media, because Murdoch and cronies only tell the truth.
Just more proof that the Radical Right won't accept criticism and refuses to accept democracy.

It's really amazing how Turd put this nation in a downward spiral and so many followed.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Just more proof that the Radical Right won't accept criticism and refuses to accept democracy.

It's really amazing how Turd put this nation in a downward spiral and so many followed.
Or perhaps your sarcasm meter is broken or needs new batteries.

linky

Hello and welcome to Thursday.

Greetings —
“Mr. President, welcome to Florida.” Those were the words that Gov. Ron DeSantis gave moments ahead of President Joe Biden's remarks on the ground amid the devastation wrought by Hurricane Ian.

The meeting— DeSantis and Biden have for months now exchanged barbs and criticism over everything from immigration to vaccines and masks with the most recent tussle being over DeSantis’ decision to transport migrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard. But all that was gone on Wednesday. Instead, there was a handshake, there was a briefing and there were pledges of cooperation. No drama and no finger-pointing, perhaps to the disappointment of the D.C. media crowd.

Bipartisan praise—
DeSantis thanked Biden for the collaboration between the federal government and the state. And Biden — who was supposed to hold a political rally in Orlando with Charlie Crist right before the hurricane slammed into the state — praised DeSantis’ efforts. “I think he’s done a good job,” Biden told reporters. He added, “we have very different political philosophies, but we’ve worked hand in glove.”

DeSantis plays nice with Biden post-Ian. But for how long?

Play Video

Close enough?— No, it’s not an endorsement for DeSantis’ second term, but it comes at a time when some Democrats had begun to question the governor’s storm response efforts and it will likely add to the momentum behind DeSantis as he approaches the November election.

About that one comment— There was one moment that some pundits latched onto, and that’s when Biden said the storm and other disasters have ended the discussion on climate change and that the governor had recognized “global warming.” Some saw it as a slight to DeSantis since it’s a term he doesn’t use and he has said previously that it gets used to justify “left wing stuff.” But DeSantis has championed mitigation and resiliency efforts, including spending money to deal with rising sea levels.

The path ahead— Will this type of bipartisan harmony last long? Oh, probably not forever or even a few months from now. If DeSantis runs for president in 2024, there will be plenty of time to resume the partisan rhetoric. But it wouldn’t be a surprise if DeSantis remains focused on storm recovery efforts between now and Nov. 8 and kept the political posturing in the background.
Man...what a GREAT President.....Amirite?

• Haha
Ask Chris Christie how praising a liberal for helping with hurricane turned out….bye bye RDS’s political career….you just committed a prime violation…

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT