ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Labas (pronounced LAY BUS) Updates + Sports Illustrated Story on how Ricky Stanzi played big part in Iowa landing him

I think that the thing that the coaches notice with BOTH guys (Alex and Spencer) ... is that they still WON with both guys. The truth of the matter is that the guys managed to "not lose" the game as much as they managed to win them. All the same ... the team still needed to score more points than the opposition ... and they did that.
Which is, at day's end, the bottom line. The people approving those contracts don't care about the style of winning at all.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Which is, at day's end, the bottom line. The people approving those contracts don't care about the style of winning at all.
So here’s the thing. We’ve got 2, yes 2 1st team All Americans on defense and at least 3 other guys on that side of the ball who will play in the pros. And still not ranked in the top 25 by most pundits. Now we can all argue that these guys are under rating us (which I believe they are) but damn with just a somewhat average offense this is a true top 10 team. It’s so frustrating.

So here’s the thing. We’ve got 2, yes 2 1st team All Americans on defense and at least 3 other guys on that side of the ball who will play in the pros. And still not ranked in the top 25 by most pundits. Now we can all argue that these guys are under rating us (which I believe they are) but damn with just a somewhat average offense this is a true top 10 team. It’s so frustrating.
The offense will become important to the University when it impacts revenue.

For the rest of us I think the overly cautious offensive approach will remain a frustration; but it cannot be like last season either. Another year of that and I think the higher dollar donors will get restless. This is part of the reason I think we'll see Labas sooner than later.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT