ADVERTISEMENT

Joe T next team

Really? Going to play for Huggy?
Not that I think he can't play in the big xii, although I was suspecting he might drop to a slightly lower level. But Huggy would not be on a list of coaches that I'd want to play for. Wherever he ends up I hope Joe finds a place that offers him some consistency in his role and that he thrives.

Really? Going to play for Huggy?
Not that I think he can't play in the big xii, although I was suspecting he might drop to a slightly lower level. But Huggy would not be on a list of coaches that I'd want to play for. Wherever he ends up I hope Joe finds a place that offers him some consistency in his role and that he thrives.
I was thinking the same thing about Huggins when I heard, but hey, the guy's a Hall of Fame coach so what do I know? I think Joe's gonna surprise a few people on here much like Jack did this year.

Good luck to Joe. Guy is tough as nails.

One thing he'll have to lose real quick for Huggy is the ole' and reach from behind. Fran's about the only guy that lets that stuff fly. Huggins will demand that Joe keeps the ball in front of him.

This will make Joe an even better defender. And with the trap and recovery that Huggins uses in his system Joe will really thrive

I'm looking at the UWV roster and it looks like they have 9 schollie players not including JoeT. Also, it looks like they have 4 or 5 transfers? AmI reading that right?
UWV roster

While Joe T was far from perfect, the holes in his game were not any worse than the holes in JoBo's, CMac's and PMac's games but he was not a chosen son as they were. Best of luck to him in Morgantown!
Plain wrong. Our offense struggled with Joe T as the starter and was noticeably better when Jbo took over. Connor maybe you can argue. Patrick is a threat offensively and provides length. I wish Joe T the best, but no need to bag on other players.

JoBo, great outside threat when he could get open, limited turnovers, good at passing the ball around the perimeter, constantly got schooled on defense due to zero quickness. CMac, solid defender, excellent passer, and except for a 3 game stretch where he was nailing 3s he was extremely limited in his ability to score from anywhere on the court. PMac, nice length, reasonably quick for a big guy, constantly falls asleep on defense, inconsistent on offense and bad rebounder but a lot of promise. Joe T would get out of control on the offensive end trying to make things happen, poor shooter, excellent defender but made more WOW passes than any Hawkeye since Ronnie Lester-----that's why he led the Hawkeyes in assists this year while playing maybe 30% of the minutes that JoBo played. Unfortunately, when you are on Fran's list you get pulled for every mistake while the other 3 could do no wrong!

JoBo, great outside threat when he could get open, limited turnovers, good at passing the ball around the perimeter, constantly got schooled on defense due to zero quickness. CMac, solid defender, excellent passer, and except for a 3 game stretch where he was nailing 3s he was extremely limited in his ability to score from anywhere on the court. PMac, nice length, reasonably quick for a big guy, constantly falls asleep on defense, inconsistent on offense and bad rebounder but a lot of promise. Joe T would get out of control on the offensive end trying to make things happen, poor shooter, excellent defender but made more WOW passes than any Hawkeye since Ronnie Lester-----that's why he led the Hawkeyes in assists this year while playing maybe 30% of the minutes that JoBo played. Unfortunately, when you are on Fran's list you get pulled for every mistake while the other 3 could do no wrong!
Yet the team was considerably better with jbo starting. Explain that.

• Haha
Reactions: perryhawk and Bro D
Duh, JoBo started all year whether at SG or PG. The emergence of Perkins and continued improvement by Kris Murray and Sandfort played a bigger part in the Hawks success than JoBo playing the point. Hats off to JoBo for 6 years of dedicated play, some big games and some big game winning shots. But his deficiencies showed big time in so many meaningful games such as Gonzaga, Oregon and Indiana twice last year (as examples) where he should never have seen the floor except to give the athletic guards a rest. The same is true of CMac, as who knows how good the team could have been if Murray was getting 15 more minutes a game in his place. It is decisions like these that unfortunately dictate that Iowa will probably never see a Sweet 16 as long as Fran is head man!

Duh, JoBo started all year whether at SG or PG. The emergence of Perkins and continued improvement by Kris Murray and Sandfort played a bigger part in the Hawks success than JoBo playing the point. Hats off to JoBo for 6 years of dedicated play, some big games and some big game winning shots. But his deficiencies showed big time in so many meaningful games such as Gonzaga, Oregon and Indiana twice last year (as examples) where he should never have seen the floor except to give the athletic guards a rest. The same is true of CMac, as who knows how good the team could have been if Murray was getting 15 more minutes a game in his place. It is decisions like these that unfortunately dictate that Iowa will probably never see a Sweet 16 as long as Fran is head man!
Oh for sure, you definitely know better than a D1 coach. How many Big 10 titles would we win with you at the helm? Silly me, you clearly are a genius.

Reactions: phantom_204
You're not very bright are you. Keep doubling down though. It's entertaining.

Reactions: perryhawk
Almost every P5 team would take a 3 yr college, almost starter, over most high school seniors. Happy that a very good coach picked him.
Uh, good coach who did not play by all the rules and got slapped with a myriad of NCAA violations…nonetheless, hope Joey T does well…

Reactions: topherchris20
Plain wrong. Our offense struggled with Joe T as the starter and was noticeably better when Jbo took over. Connor maybe you can argue. Patrick is a threat offensively and provides length. I wish Joe T the best, but no need to bag on other players.
But it can't be an official post unless we get to take shots at (choose one or more): the coach, JBo, Cmac or PMac.

Good luck to you Joe. You were a hard worker and a great teammate. Hope you thrive in Huggy's program.

I think just as much of a reason was when the second unit was kris keegan joe t, ulis, plus who ever else. Everyone likes to focus on perkins starting but that group lit purdue and many other teams up.
I think some on here like to think every game was the maryland/nebraska game.

Reactions: amahawk
So you think the holes in Joe's game were worse than the others? Ok lol

Not sure how stating that is hating in others....

Did you watch out last game? Interesting how we were great in season once Keegan got healthy, then he gets hurt during the last game and we go back to being unable score again. Pretty sure jbo was in that game ;).

Quite the coincidence huh

well he won't have to go to class, bob thuggins discourages that
Someone always has to post this kind of shit. Every other program is dirty but Iowa. While I think Huggins is certainly in the twilight of his career, he's getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, has over 900 wins (1 of only 6 coaches) has made the tournament 23 out of the last 26 years and has 2 final 4's. While not 1 time coaching at a Blue Blood school. I would have taken him in a heartbeat. And that is not a knock on Fran. Don't come at me Fran! lol

Reactions: David1979
Someone always has to post this kind of shit. Every other program is dirty but Iowa. While I think Huggins is certainly in the twilight of his career, he's getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, has over 900 wins (1 of only 6 coaches) has made the tournament 23 out of the last 26 years and has 2 final 4's. While not 1 time coaching at a Blue Blood school. I would have taken him in a heartbeat. And that is not a knock on Fran. Don't come at me Fran! lol
It's as predictable as the sun coming up each morning. Apparently Iowa has the only athletes that go to class. Well, Iowa, Northwestern, and the Ivy's anyway. 😃

Reactions: littlez

Perkins got to start at the 2 so that improved offense just as much as JBO being more
effective at PG.

If JBO at the 2 was a mistake and JBO at the PG was the right move, then that means Fran
was wrong for 1/2 the season. This seems at odds with his staunchest supporters
that think Fran's next coaching mistake will be his 1st coaching mistake.

The story of JBO coming back for his 6th year was that JBO was going to play 2G and leave PG
to Ulis/JoeT....Fran reneged on that agreement/plan...... Joe handled the
benching well and was Team guy and helped win some games to close the season. However, he
understandably felt slighted /unsure of how he would be used going forward and left

Maybe JoeT has more talent than he is given credit by this board.
Huggins has eye for talent and coaches for better defenses...Huggins has 9 sweet16's in his career....Fran has zero.

ADVERTISEMENT