ADVERTISEMENT

Joe T next team

Someone always has to post this kind of shit. Every other program is dirty but Iowa. While I think Huggins is certainly in the twilight of his career, he's getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, has over 900 wins (1 of only 6 coaches) has made the tournament 23 out of the last 26 years and has 2 final 4's. While not 1 time coaching at a Blue Blood school. I would have taken him in a heartbeat. And that is not a knock on Fran. Don't come at me Fran! lol
Hey Bob, you had a 0% graduation rate for 2 straight years and a 28% overall graduation rate in 16 years at Cincy.

Last edited:
Hey Bob, you had a 0% graduation rate for 2 straight years and a 28% overall graduation rate in 16 years at Cincy.

Graduation rates really? At that time how Grad Rates were calculated skewed Cincy's numbers to pure garbage but it didn't mean guys weren't getting their degrees.

How transfers / Juco's / and guys that went on to pro ball but came back and got their degrees were figured hurt their numbers

From Washington Post story...

He also came under fire for his team's graduation rate, notably when a 1999 report cited the fact that it had been at zero for three years.

The number was misleading. Huggins had recruited a number of junior college players who could not be counted as graduates in any case, and he had had a number of players leave early to play in the NBA or Europe. The NCAA has since changed those standards so that those players no longer count against a school.
In Huggins's 10 seasons at West Virginia, his players have graduated at a rate that has floated between 80 percent (this past year) and 100 percent (2012). Carter, the team's star, has a 3.6 grade-point average.

"When those stories first came out, yeah, they were upsetting," Huggins said. "I knew the number didn't tell the real story. I also knew that people believe what they want to believe. It was a long time ago, though. I'm long over it.

Last edited:
Graduation rates really? At that time how Grad Rates were calculated skewed Cincy's numbers to pure garbage but it didn't mean guys weren't getting their degrees.

How transfers / Juco's / and guys that went on to pro ball but came back and got their degrees were figured hurt their numbers

From Washington Post story...

He also came under fire for his team's graduation rate, notably when a 1999 report cited the fact that it had been at zero for three years.

The number was misleading. Huggins had recruited a number of junior college players who could not be counted as graduates in any case, and he had had a number of players leave early to play in the NBA or Europe. The NCAA has since changed those standards so that those players no longer count against a school.
In Huggins's 10 seasons at West Virginia, his players have graduated at a rate that has floated between 80 percent (this past year) and 100 percent (2012). Carter, the team's star, has a 3.6 grade-point average.

"When those stories first came out, yeah, they were upsetting," Huggins said. "I knew the number didn't tell the real story. I also knew that people believe what they want to believe. It was a long time ago, though. I'm long over it.

Interesting that the real story comes out, huh?

Perkins got to start at the 2 so that improved offense just as much as JBO being more
effective at PG.

If JBO at the 2 was a mistake and JBO at the PG was the right move, then that means Fran
was wrong for 1/2 the season. This seems at odds with his staunchest supporters
that think Fran's next coaching mistake will be his 1st coaching mistake.

The story of JBO coming back for his 6th year was that JBO was going to play 2G and leave PG
to Ulis/JoeT....Fran reneged on that agreement/plan...... Joe handled the
benching well and was Team guy and helped win some games to close the season. However, he
understandably felt slighted /unsure of how he would be used going forward and left

Maybe JoeT has more talent than he is given credit by this board.
Huggins has eye for talent and coaches for better defenses...Huggins has 9 sweet16's in his career....Fran has zero.
Joe has his chance but was not good enough to run with it. He is way too often out of control. He is a good defender but also did some dumb things. Not sure Joe is a 30 minute guy. He has a lot to clean up if he wants that. Not sure at this point in you career that is going to happen.

Joe has his chance but was not good enough to run with it. He is way too often out of control. He is a good defender but also did some dumb things. Not sure Joe is a 30 minute guy. He has a lot to clean up if he wants that. Not sure at this point in you career that is going to happen.
We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT