ADVERTISEMENT

Joe T was the difference maker

He’s the type of guy where you’re going no, no, no, yes, yes, no, no, no. It’s more yes than no now and continues to grow.

Reactions: 24 so far
He’s the type of guy where you’re going no, no, no, yes, yes, no, no, no. It’s more yes than no now and continues to grow.

He's getting a better feel of when to push things a bit and go into the lane and when to move the ball and get into the offense. When he's in there with Wieskamp, Frederick and Garza there are really driving lanes for him to go into.

I’ll be interested to see how he plays Thurs.

I have a feeling there will be a thread on him that’s, unfairly, the exact opposite of this thread.

I hope I’m wrong.

I’ll be interested to see how he plays Thurs.

I have a feeling there will be a thread on him that’s, unfairly, the exact opposite of this thread.

I hope I’m wrong.

Who cares what people who do not know basketball say? He will continue making head scratching mistakes, but less and less, as he matures and the game slows down for him. I liked how Fran handled him all season: when he was totally out of control, he sat him down and in some cases played very little for the rest of game. But, he kept starting him and giving him chance to make mistakes and mature. I hope Fran realizes 8 player rotation works best - when we rotate 10 and 11 we never play this well.

Hanging that and one foul on Trice was good too,... did not look like a freshman move..
After watching the game again last night, after Joe made that layup at the end of the first half and then the FT, I thought wow, that play was big because instead of us being down by 3 which is the equivalent of 6 against Wisky, we are tied now. Possibly if Reuvers hadn't had that little "Hop", they might've swallowed the whistle.

Reactions: Rifler
Im thinking Fran coached him to slow down. Before he was racing down court out of control half the time now he's more deliberate and effective in his push downcourt.

I think by next year, after a full year in the offseason, he'll be able to play at that 100 percent pace while still being under control. I expect him, as he matures, to drive to the hoop more often (and effectively) which should open up more wide open kick-out opportunities. I think it'll be especially true if Garza comes back next year. Guys sagging on Garza will give Joe T lanes to drive and guys rotating to help on his drives will open up Joe W and CJF on the wings. We're already seeing that happen a bit more, but as Joe T becomes more and more experienced and polished, watch out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT