ADVERTISEMENT

Joe T

natchrlman

HR Heisman
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve been putting a ton of hours in unless it rains.... haven’t followed the board much.... some one told me last week that he was transferring.... don’t see anything about it.....apparently a bad rumor?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I would think the only way JT considers transferring is if he becomes concerned that CMac will be assuming the point guard duties next year. That would leave JT in a position where he might be looking for playing time elsewhere.

Reactions: natchrlman
I’m glad to hear it wasn’t true.... I think with more playing time and game experience he could cut down on the turnovers.... we could sure use his athleticism in the back court

Reactions: Hammer93
I’ve been putting a ton of hours in unless it rains.... haven’t followed the board much.... some one told me last week that he was transferring.... don’t see anything about it.....apparently a bad rumor?

Is there a high demand for guards who fall down a lot and give up the ball 30 percent of the possessions?

I’d be surprised at this point.

When one of the recruiting sites tweeted Robbins was transferring, he retweeted it or responded with the eyes emoji or something.

I’m not great at interpreting twitter and emojis but don’t think he’d do that if he were leaving.
Did a similar deal with Mulvey. He ain't going anywhere.

Reactions: natchrlman
Is there a high demand for guards who fall down a lot and give up the ball 30 percent of the possessions?
he’s young and hasn’t had much playing time.... good defender and he and PMac play well together.....showed glimpses of how well he can drive and dish..... as I’ve said many times I’m not in anyway a basketball expert I’m an old wrestler but I enjoy watching the Hawks in basketball.... he seems like he can develop into a good player to me..... definitely needs to cut down on the turnovers

Reactions: DewHawk
You’re a very negative person it seems.

Yes, many teams would take JoeT if they had the chance. Guy plays great defense—which is what everyone clamors for during the season—and he can actually beat his defender off the dribble, which is another thing everyone has been asking for out of our guard play.

Lastly, by all accounts he is a great teammate and proud to be a Hawkeye.

He wasn’t afraid to work through adversity, be a good teammate and keep a good attitude and wait for his shot when many other players in this day and age would have quit on the team and entered the transfer portal.

You’re a very negative person it seems.

Yes, many teams would take JoeT if they had the chance. Guy plays great defense—which is what everyone clamors for during the season—and he can actually beat his defender off the dribble, which is another thing everyone has been asking for out of our guard play.

Lastly, by all accounts he is a great teammate and proud to be a Hawkeye.

He wasn’t afraid to work through adversity, be a good teammate and keep a good attitude and wait for his shot when many other players in this day and age would have quit on the team and entered the transfer portal.

Its called observant. I dont know how to spin a player falling to the ground often and turning the ball over for layups in a positive way. You must.

he does it consistently so maybe that is a positive.

• Haha
Reactions: K OKeefe
Its called observant. I dont know how to spin a player falling to the ground often and turning the ball over for layups in a positive way. You must.

Him consistently falling to the ground/sliding, etc. as you say is a dead ball turnover and couldn’t convert to layups.

I don’t think he threw interceptions for easy layups anymore than anyone else. Observing the stat sheet shows he needs to reduce those mistakes--we all saw the traveling TOs and trying to force things more than necessary--but I think at this point it is a little blown out of proportion. Especially to say JoeT was the reason other teams got easy layups--did you observe the rest of our players?

Him consistently falling to the ground/sliding, etc. as you say is a dead ball turnover and couldn’t convert to layups.

I don’t think he threw interceptions for easy layups anymore than anyone else. Observing the stat sheet shows he needs to reduce those mistakes--we all saw the traveling TOs and trying to force things more than necessary--but I think at this point it is a little blown out of proportion. Especially to say JoeT was the reason other teams got easy layups--did you observe the rest of our players?
Also, it's been reported by insiders that JBO was caught sneaking into the locker room off hours and applying Vaseline to the bottom of JT's sneakers. That won't be a problem next year.

Oh you're so quirky! You're the Zoey Deschanel of this board, & equally funny.

ADVERTISEMENT