ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint Commits!!

"Joe is as tough as they come," said Rivals.com analyst Corey Evans. "He is an unselfish playmaker that is willing to do all of the smaller things for his unit to succeed. He’s efficient as a facilitator but even better as a defender."

"Toussaint will be relied upon immediately for his ability to guard the basketball, which should set the tone at the point of the attack at the lead guard spot."

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/point-guard-joe-toussaint-commits-to-iowa

Nice! A player that can dribble drive and defend the point is something Iowa has sorely missed!

He reminds me of the tough little guards Fran had on his good teams at Siena. If Touissant can be that good, it will be welcome. Good news is he can come in and not be in a position to be forced to play huge minutes his first year. Get acclimated, provide solid minutes as backup and take over in Year 2.

He reminds me of the tough little guards Fran had on his good teams at Siena. If Touissant can be that good, it will be welcome. Good news is he can come in and not be in a position to be forced to play huge minutes his first year. Get acclimated, provide solid minutes as backup and take over in Year 2.
Agree with you! He is definitely going to fill an important role!

Reactions: kcgolfer
Nice! A player that can dribble drive and defend the point is something Iowa has sorely missed!

anybody know what kind of shooter is

No wonder Fran was all smiles yesterday! Excellent pickup. Two Joes cannot be a bad thing!

Welcome aboard Mr Toussaint!

Go Hawks!!

No wonder Fran was all smiles yesterday! Excellent pickup. Two Joes cannot be a bad thing!

Welcome aboard Mr Toussaint!

Go Hawks!!
For sure. Now we need a couple Jimmies!

It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmies and Joes!:D

(sorry for the redundant post , was typing when 2432 was posting!)

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
Like the commitment... at least we finally have what looks to be a true point guard. What does this mean for Greenlee and Collins?

Reactions: nwhawkincr
It doesn't sound like he's a very good shooter...and I don't care in the least as long as his quickness, handles and passing translate to college. They don't need more shooting, they need someone to guard and get the ball to the shooters while they are open.

Exactly. Hawks need a defender who can be the tip of the spear to slow the opposing offense from penetrating the interior and a facilitator and distributor in the offensive end and the engine that drives our transition game. Glad to have him.

Anytime we get a recruit to visit, we have a very good chance to close them. This kid was starting to blow up and we got him wrapped up.

It doesn't sound like he's a very good shooter...and I don't care in the least as long as his quickness, handles and passing translate to college. They don't need more shooting, they need someone to guard and get the ball to the shooters while they are open.

regarding his shooting, read a game recap of his from this past year and he stepped to the line down two with essentially no time left and sank all three free throws for the win. His crossover looks excellent and sounds tenacious and fearless...seems like a good pick up to me. I also like the sound of getting a pure pg and not a guard we're trying to mold into a point guard.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
As many have pointed out Iowa has plenty of shooters and scorers.

I like this pick up a lot. This kid should bring toughness to a team in dire need of it.

Reactions: Mitjacks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT