ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint Commits!!

Definitely something to watch, but I’m guessing that having Francis as his lead recruiter along with past NY players alleviated his concern. I’m a little surprised he didn’t visit his other schools so he must be comfortable.

He was pretty much told that when his weekend visit was up that Iowa would be open to taking commitments from their other PG targets, so if he wanted that spot he pretty much had to take it as at least one of the others was willing to commit before their visit.

As for shooting outside, isn't he a good FT shooter. If you can drive and hit FTs down the stretch that would be very nice.

I LOVE this commitment! I have no idea if JT is going to be a great Big Ten player but then again there are very few can’t miss prospects that come our way. People keep asking about shooting, who cares! He can hit the gym and work on his shooting but what he brings to the table you can’t teach. Do the people on this board who are questioning his shooting watch Iowa basketball games? We need a guard who can break down a defense off the bounce, dish, finish at the rim or use some creativity with a floater. From what I have seen he can do all of the above and play some defense as well. He is quick as hell, not afraid of contact, and anyone who has ever watched enough basketball knows what a penetrating point guard does to a defense. We have shooters and size what don’t have is a guy who can collapse a defense and find shooters on the perimeter or dish to our bigs inside. Well we do now! I say again....I LOVE this pick up!

Just curious but who did Iowa beat out for this kid. Looks Like Dayton, Drexel, and a few other mid major type teams.

I believe that's correct...

giphy.gif

He'll probably be glad to get out of that crap hole they call New York
Different strokes for different folks. New York City is very dynamic and diverse but the traffic and way of life is not for everybody.

I love being away from the madding crowd but others like the bright lights. Doesn't make NY a crap hole. I hope Joe will enjoy the friendliness and pace of Iowa. Great place to get an education and to play in front of fanatical fans.

Welcome Joe, it's great to be a Hawkeye!

Takes a dumbass to know what a dumbass comment is

I'm kidding!!!!
Just imagine Joe T looking at the comment by you Kurt, thinking what an a**. Usually you are nicer than dissing a new recruit on where he lives. I like what Gunner had to say. These kids read this forum. Glad most of us are respectful on where someone is from. By the way, I was in The Bronx in May to watch The Yankees/Boston series. It was enjoyable. I like the peace and family atmosphere in Iowa, where I was born and spent my first 40 years, now the back 40 since I have lived here in Tucson for the last 28 years. I had a farmhouse in Iowa for 10 years and I like the people who live in Iowa.. New York wouldn't be my choice to reside, but I enjoyed the experience and met some great people in New York on my visit and didn't find it to be a "craphole."

Reactions: unclesammy
Just imagine Joe T looking at the comment by you Kurt, thinking what an a**. Usually you are nicer than dissing a new recruit on where he lives. I like what Gunner had to say. These kids read this forum. Glad most of us are respectful on where someone is from. By the way, I was in The Bronx in May to watch The Yankees/Boston series. It was enjoyable. I like the peace and family atmosphere in Iowa, where I was born and spent my first 40 years, now the back 40 since I have lived here in Tucson for the last 28 years. I had a farmhouse in Iowa for 10 years and I like the people who live in Iowa.. New York wouldn't be my choice to reside, but I enjoyed the experience and met some great people in New York on my visit and didn't find it to be a "craphole."

If Joe happened to read my post (which is unlikely) I doubt he took it as seriously as you seemed to have :confused:

Don't know anything about him, just happy to see there is something worth reading finally.....been waiting about 5 months :D

Everything is realistic right now,... that's the beauty of message board trash talk....

So while your at it, maybe he's the next Russell Westbrook. He'll provide penetration, pass people open, and stay in-front of athletic guards -- but he isn't going to develop Yogis freak like athleticism out of no where. And Iowa fans will still be thankful to have Joe.

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT