ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint nychoops #1 ranked Senior

2432Hawk

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2002
Pardeeville, WI
Last nights game... slow start, but 21 1st half points...

https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/hayes-flattens-mount-st-mikes

NYCHoops.net Top Ten Seniors (Preseason Rankings)

# NAME POS COMMIT STATUS

Joe Toussaint

PG

Iowa
11/14/18
SIGNED

Aidan Igiehon

C

Louisville
10/19/18
VERBAL

Joe Girard

SG

Syracuse
10/14/18
VERBAL

Kadary Richmond

PG

Undecided

Julian Champagnie

SF

Undecided

Justin Champagnie

SF

Undecided

Femi Odukale

SG

Undecided

Noah Hutchins

PG

Undecided

Lucas Sutherland

SF

Siena
8/28/18
VERBAL

August Mahoney

PG

Yale
3/27/18
VERBAL

After that it was all Toussaint as he would score 12 points in the second quarter, have 21 points at the half and outscore Mount St. Michael all by himself over the first 16 minutes as a once close game was blown wide open because of the dynamic abilities of Toussaint as he helped give Cardinal Hayes a 41-18 halftime lead.

Early on in the game the Mount St. Michael crowd was chanting overrated at the Iowa signed guard, and while Toussaint said he didn't use that as motivation saying that he mostly blocks out what people say in the stands, he admitted he heard it and went out and did what he had to do.

"Yeah of course I hear it, but I do a good job of blocking that stuff out," Toussaint stated. "I'm good at ignoring ignorance."

Even if the heckles at the start didn't affect him, it was Toussaint's game as even when he wasn't scoring, he was making impressive play after impressive play, led by an alley oop pass that was thrown down by Shemani Fuller '20 as the Cardinal Hayes lead only continued to grow in the second half.

Good sign that he is well regarded in an area that has a long history of producing outstanding pgs. Doesn't mean he's a can't miss but the odds are much better that he'll be productive.

Nice to see....agree, defensive minded, quicks, and ability to get to hoop...Fran needs to go out an find another guy like this, because he's the only one on the squad when he arrives.

Wish we could have landed Collins too.

Not sure why it was an either or deal.

Other than the strange misses in the two year period represented by this and last season's senior classes F McC has recruited well.

This is the kind of kid that can become a good player if we can keep him on campus and eligible. McC has done a good job developing players. Joey T is exactly the kind of player on whom Iowa's success has always depended.

Other than the strange misses in the two year period represented by this and last season's senior classes F McC has recruited well.

This is the kind of kid that can become a good player if we can keep him on campus and eligible. McC has done a good job developing players. Joey T is exactly the kind of player on whom Iowa's success has always depended.

I agree. Fran has done well except a few misses. Aiming high is all good, but have a backup plan..

Joe T sounds like a good one. Love how he wants to really play the D! He is(could be) the exact type of player we need on the team this year!

Wish we had another Joe T type player coming in next year with him & PMac. We need it.

Thanks 2432. IMO it's fun to keep up on the progress of the signee's. Finding stats for instate players is easy thanks to quickstatsiowa. Hopefully we can find a way keep up with Joe T's stats.

Through 4 games Patrick is averaging 26.3 points per game and 8.5 rebounds. I'd like to see him improve his FT shooting from 64.1%, but it looks like he's more of a scorer than Connor was (although it sounds like IC West isn't as loaded with talent as they were in Connor's Sr year).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT