ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Weiskamp

Best guard out if Iowa since Korver, Hinrich if you don't consider Korver a true guard. You could make a case for M. Paige, I just think Joe will be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohawkeye
Haluska was a very good player but not even close to Hinrich/Korver.
no offense to Joe but he has not even stepped one foot onto Carver arena floor,
can't we wait till he starts playing at the college level before saying he is the best ever?
Wieskamp should be a very good player but I will wait till he starts playing College ball,

Instant starter on an already good team. May be the best player we will have from day 1 since Tyler Smith?
Haluska was a very good player but not even close to Hinrich/Korver.
Not close? Disagree. Haluska had a helluva All Big senior year. I’d call that close.

I stood next to a family decked out in Iowa Hawkeye gear in line at a fast food restaurant off an I-35 exit in MN. I naturally mentioned that I too was a big Hawk fan, exchanged info on our hometowns, etc.

Turns out they're from Muscatine and are acquaintances / friends of the Weiskamp family. They spoke very highly of the entire family and especially Joe. Essentially said he is a quality kid - humble, down-to-earth, great teammate, very coach-able, respectful, etc. and is constantly working on his game to improve.

Just one more data point reinforcing what many of us have heard / read about him.

Last edited:
What is Joe Wieskamp's official Height and will he be a off-guard or SF. Thinking probably both. Don't know his handles or rebounding just know he is a excellent shooter and smart player?

Last edited:
Reactions: unIowa
It's quite possible that he will be the best Hawkeyes ever and will make other players transfer out as they will never see the floor.

Go Joe and go Hawks!!!

Reactions: unIowa
It's quite possible that he will be the best Hawkeyes ever and will make other players transfer out as they will never see the floor.

Go Joe and go Hawks!!!

I appreciate your love for Joe, but an odd way to express it by getting excited for other hawks to leave. Anyways, moving on. Go Joe and go Hawks!

I appreciate your love for Joe, but an odd way to express it by getting excited for other hawks to leave. Anyways, moving on. Go Joe and go Hawks!

I really don't want players to transfer. I was being an ass.

Joe will be a fine Hawkeye and hopefully have a fine career.

My apologies.

Reactions: showtime641
Joe came out of the Nike top 100 camp rated the #3 SF, to me when he comes in it will come down to Joe and Moss as to starts at the 2 and the 3. Moss was a SF at Simeon and was a 4* by ESPN.
both are capable of playing the 2 and 3. the starting lineup in 2019 could look like this
1 JBo.
2 Moss/Joe
3 Joe/Moss
4 Cook
5 Garza
Connor off the bench

Instant starter on an already good team. May be the best player we will have from day 1 since Tyler Smith?

Not close? Disagree. Haluska had a helluva All Big senior year. I’d call that close.

You can disagree all day.
It's not even close.

Korver - 15 NBA seasons
Hinrich - 14 NBA seasons

Haluska - 7 NBA preseason games.

He was a good Hawkeye, not NBA level.

You can disagree all day.
It's not even close.

Korver - 15 NBA seasons
Hinrich - 14 NBA seasons

Haluska - 7 NBA preseason games.

He was a good Hawkeye, not NBA level.

Oh, I'd agree Korver and Hinrich were far better pros. But that wasn't the way I looked at the original question referring to "the best guard out of Iowa". I don't follow the pro game much and was strictly looking at their college performance. I believe he actually outscored Hinnrich by about 100 points in his college career, 1847 to 1753 I'd agree if you factor in the pro game then it isn't close.

another note on Joe, he was just the 2nd Jr in Iowa HS to be named Gatorade POY the 1st was Barnes who went to UNCheats,
JBo not only was Iowa Mr. BB but he was the Gatorade POY,

Reactions: johnnashhawk
ADVERTISEMENT