ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Wieskamp is picked #41 Overall by the San Antonio Spurs. NBA Summer League debut on Aug 3, 8:00 PM on NBA TV

E7qhwc8X0AMtwNe

E7qZbkzXIAgcjtj

Last edited:
Saw that Joe comp Duncan Robinson signed with the Heat for 5yrs 90 million today. Keep shooting joe..there's gold in them buckets.

Super excited for Joe! Great franchise, great organization, great coach -hopefully all in rebuilding mode that has Joe in their plans.

However, I've been to SA. Ugh.

Go #15!

Not gonna lie, guys are starting to smell blood when Joe’s guarding the ball. He’s been fine on D off the ball. Had a nice block on a dunk where he saw the play early and came across the floor.

Weezy hasn’t been great, no sugarcoating it. First game as a pro though and plenty more games to bounce back. Still has the fourth quarter to show some flashes too

That help defense block was pretty sick. Announcers had nothing to say about it other than “quick first step” by the guy driving lol

Watched the game last night and Joes debut was shaky. I think he will take awhile to get use to the speed of the game as he got beat off the dribble a lot tonight. It isn’t the big ten weezy! He spread the floor well and looks like he will be in the corner a lot as the Spurs love that spot. I thought he could have moved a lot more in offense and cut but I realize he just got off the plane like 4 days ago and hasn’t had much time in the system haha. It will be interesting on how he progresses and comes out next game tho.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
They’ve got a lot of free agents and DeRozan and Mills already signed elsewhere so he will have a good opportunity for sure barring a bunch of signings. Looks like they are hitting the reset button
I've watched some videos from the Pistons and Spurs and I've heard the words "reload" and "re-tool" a lot. I hope free-agency doesn't cause problems for Joe and Luka. I'm more concerned about Luka since the Pistons have signed Olynyk.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Oh man, that Weezy 3 is a welcome sight. He's playing better D and rebounding good, but those open looks have to be consistently going in.

It's a weird dynamic watching these games. You know every player just wants to shoot, doesn't want to pass and is trying to get noticed by the coaches. Yet, its a team game so you end up with some really sloppy playing. I though JoeW showed maturity, composure and seemed to be playing more as a team member than some of the others. I'm sure coaches noticed this stuff and can see right through some kid who is out there just for himself. I lost count how many times a guard dribbled the ball up the court, drove to the basket and missed layups or got blocked or ended up on his butt. Thats when its the most obvious who is playing for themselves only.

If San Antonio is looking for an outside shooter, Joe didn't help his cause last night. One of his long attempts was an airball. He did show a lot of hustle, though, and while I was surprised they attributed ten boards to him, he did have a couple of nice drives to the bucket. His defense was a bit of mixed bag however. Plays again Monday night. Needs to find his shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT