ADVERTISEMENT

John McCain Dead

I took this picture in May of 2015.

gf7yYOvh.jpg

My guess is as I said yesterday that the GBM had stopped responding to treatment. Given the timing I'd say it hasn't been responding for a month or two.

Reactions: SalAunese
You can bet the farm that Pence will be the WH representative at the funeral. Trump's an asshole and after McCain said he didn't want Orange there...

BTW: Trad, you're an asshole for posting what you posted.

I think the McCain family already said they didn't want Bone Spurs at the funeral when he was diagnosed.

Trad, gfy.

And here's Obama's statement:

"John McCain and i were members of different generations, came from completely different backgrounds, and competed at the highest level of politics. But we shared, for all our differences, a fidelity to something higher-the ideals for which generations of Americans and immigrants alike have fought, marched, and sacrificed. We saw our political battles, even, as a privilege, something noble, an opportunity to serve as stewards of those high ideals at home, and to advance them around the world. We saw this country as a place where anything is possible - and citizenship as our patriotic obligation to ensure it forever remains that way.

"Few of us have been tested the way John once was, or required to show the kind of courage that he did. But all of us can aspire to the courage to put the greater good above our own. At John's best, he showed us what that means. And for that, we are all in his debt. Michelle and I send our heartfelt condolences to Cindy and their family."

All y'all people don't know WTF I would say, so I'd suggest you STFU until I actually say it.

Right now, it's too soon to get into all that.

Are you and DJT attending.
I didn’t care much for his politics, but he had character, integrity, and great courage. Every American should be thankful for his life and service.

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Huey was the one who was happy when McCain was diagnosed, not me.

John McCain was first and foremost a patriot. He
always did what he thought was best for our nation.
His service in the U.S. Military and the U.S. Senate
was not a political act but a true commitment to
America. Not many people had the loyalty to our
country that he did.

Regardless of whether you agreed with him on everything or not unless you are a creton you have to respect the man's life. He saw and went through things no one should and dedicated his life to serving his country in the best he could.

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Huey was the one who was happy when McCain was diagnosed, not me.
And, you were happy to jump in with a snarky point. Huey can show up and be ill mannered if he wants to, but you just couldn't wait.
5+ years McCain sat in a cell being beaten, starved, and tortured. Again, not my cup of tea politically, but he held to the true values and standards of the Senate. I respect that.

Reactions: Scott559
Let's just sweep all his misgivings and crimes under the rug because he died. Bull Effing Crap. Mr. Keating Five financial scandal. was also a war criminal...not a hero.

An unjust war is criminal, and soldiers who participate in it are murderers. No North Vietnamese gook (McCain referred to them as gooks in a U.S. News & World Report interviewin 1973) had ever posed a threat to the United States or harmed an American until the United States intervened with military advisors, military aid, the CIA, intelligence missions, puppet governments, and finally, U.S. troops — thousands and thousands of U.S. troops. How could John McCain possibly be considered a war hero? He was not captured, imprisoned, and tortured because he was defending U.S. soil against invading enemy forces. Had this been the case, I would be the first one to congratulate him as a war hero. McCain is a war criminal because he rained down death and destruction on the people of Vietnam during twenty-three bombing missions. It doesn’t matter if the “incident” in the Gulf of Tonkin really happened — U.S. ships had no business being within a thousand miles of North or South Vietnam. There can be no heroism in the performance of evil. If McCain had been executed by the Vietnamese after being shot down, would he not have deserved it? What would you do to the pilot who just ejected and landed in your backyard after bombing your house?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2008/09/laurence-m-vance/war-hero-or-war-criminal/

ADVERTISEMENT