ADVERTISEMENT

John Thune is a Republican senator from South Dakota.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Why wasn’t Donald Trump briefed on this? First he’s heard of this.
That’s for those of you who aren’t watching the 5 O’clock Follies. When told that Thune has said the WH should not be used for overtly political acts like accepting the GOP nomination, Trump didn’t seem to know who Mitch’s #2 man is. He then said the Hatch Act doesn’t even apply to him, and he’s save the taxpayers a ton of money and no areeeeoplanes would be needed, so, much safer to do it there.
He is on top of his game today.
FYI, CNN and MSNBC has pulled off the coverage, only returning when he took questions.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I really question the approach his team is taking.

The 5 PM news briefing. Not sure that is really helping him. Perhaps NOT doing would hurt more than doing and the risk. ?
Interviews. Those are clearly NOT helping, unless it is on Fox and even then, they seem to be calling him out more.

Just seems to be a very questionable judgement call when he has 90 days left to message the people who are on the fence. Which is stunning that anyone hasn't made up their minds.

He is so gone. If anyone has had a loved one go through dementia / Alzheimer’s, the Axios interview was an eye opener. You know it when you see it, especially “the fear mask” look as I call it. Here it is:

It is a terrIfying state to be in. It is pathetic neither his family nor the GOP can admit they need a new candidate.

Last edited:
He is so gone. If anyone has had a loved one go through dementia / Alzheimer’s, the Axios interview was an eye opener. You know it when you see it, especially “the fear mask” look as I call it. It is a terrIfying state to be in.

You mean that wide eyed look when he was pressed for details and accuracy and he looked around the room? "Ah, you can't do that!" That one?

Why wasn’t Donald Trump briefed on this? First he’s heard of this.
That’s for those of you who aren’t watching the 5 O’clock Follies. When told that Thune has said the WH should not be used for overtly political acts like accepting the GOP nomination, Trump didn’t seem to know who Mitch’s #2 man is. He then said the Hatch Act doesn’t even apply to him, and he’s save the taxpayers a ton of money and no areeeeoplanes would be needed, so, much safer to do it there.
He is on top of his game today.
FYI, CNN and MSNBC has pulled off the coverage, only returning when he took questions.
Shocking.

He is so gone. If anyone has had a loved one go through dementia / Alzheimer’s, the Axios interview was an eye opener. You know it when you see it, especially “the fear mask” look as I call it. Here it is:

It is a terrIfying state to be in. It is pathetic neither his family nor the GOP can admit they need a new candidate.

What kills me is, the same people who go on and on about Biden's mental state (which I don't completely disagree with) completely ignore Trump's issues. I mean, there are times Biden truly makes me wonder, but he is nowhere near as problematic as Trump.

I really question the approach his team is taking.

The 5 PM news briefing. Not sure that is really helping him. Perhaps NOT doing would hurt more than doing and the risk. ?
Interviews. Those are clearly NOT helping, unless it is on Fox and even then, they seem to be calling him out more.

Just seems to be a very questionable judgement call when he has 90 days left to message the people who are on the fence. Which is stunning that anyone hasn't made up their minds.
The networks not named Fox only cover them for the 12 car pile ups Trump stammers out. I don’t know how long they will sacrifice prime time ad rates to give him 30 minutes of free time.

The networks not named Fox only cover them for the 12 car pile ups Trump stammers out. I don’t know how long they will sacrifice prime time ad rates to give him 30 minutes of free time.

Well, to their credit they try, but when it is clear he is just using for an ad, they flip away. Which I appreciate they try to let him speak, and they are doing the right thing by ending his free rant/lies time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT