ADVERTISEMENT

John Waggoner

Getting back to John Waggoner, his commitment would be huge in so many ways to his home state school. He could become very successful along with A.J. , NS and whoever develops alongside these guys. With or without JW the future looks bright for Iowa, with him you will need shades.
Go Hawks

I was thinking the same thing in regards to where Lombardi ends up on the field. I can't prove it,but maybe Iowa would have taken Lombardi and PM. If Iowa had landed Lombardi,maybe they would have passed on taking Weiland? Nothing against Weiland...just thinking Lombardi could have taken an "Ath" spot in that class.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we offered Lombardi as an LB.

Back to the original topic. With Moore committing to NDSU, we really need Wagoner's commitment.

Ala for sure but Mich & ND at best have been on Iowa's level the last 15 years.

If a recruit is committed to Mich or ND they better pause & step back if Iowa decides to offer. Especially depending on what position the recruit plays. There's a handful of positions on both sides of the ball that no team in CFB has done better than Iowa in the last 15 years.
RMHawk, you and I might agree with that, but I'm not sure thats the perception that teenagers get. I mean look at the pub that Ala, OSU, and yes Michigan and Notre Dame get from the both the written media, and TV, especially those knob gobblers at ESPN. Hell the media wants Michigan back in the title hunt SO BAD, they've been practically drooling over Harbough since he arrived, and to this point he's done NOTHING to deserve all this press. This has to have some impact on impressionable young people.

RMHawk, you and I might agree with that, but I'm not sure thats the perception that teenagers get. I mean look at the pub that Ala, OSU, and yes Michigan and Notre Dame get from the both the written media, and TV, especially those knob gobblers at ESPN. Hell the media wants Michigan back in the title hunt SO BAD, they've been practically drooling over Harbough since he arrived, and to this point he's done NOTHING to deserve all this press. This has to have some impact on impressionable young people.
I think Harbaugh has done quite abit to draw attention to himself and the Michigan program. You might not agree with any/most of these tactics..but him having two straight top 10-12 teams at Michigan in the immediate aftermath of Michigan having gone 12-13 in the two years prior,will always draw attention from the media..no matter who the coach is.

I hate Harbaugh too. I live in the bay area and listened to his nonsense as coach of the 49ers. But he won 10 games his first two years and has two top 5 recruiting classes. Just saying.

Reactions: IAHawk2011
I think Harbaugh has done quite abit to draw attention to himself and the Michigan program. You might not agree with any/most of these tactics..but him having two straight top 10-12 teams at Michigan in the immediate aftermath of Michigan having gone 12-13 in the two years prior,will always draw attention from the media..no matter who the coach is.
Maybe so, but the drooling started before he ever coached a game at Michigan. Yes, he's had good teams, and right now their the third best team in their half of the BIG! Is that Michigans goal now for the coach their paying 9M per year for? You'd have to agree that the media is trying very hard to prop Michigan into their spot vs OSU. That was my point, that all this attention they get, warranted or not, plays to those young men who are making an important life decision.

I hate Harbaugh too. I live in the bay area and listened to his nonsense as coach of the 49ers. But he won 10 games his first two years and has two top 5 recruiting classes. Just saying.
Ok, so I'm over stating when I say NOTHING. How about this then guys. If Michigan wins 10 games per season for the next four years, and NEVER plays for the conference title, is Harbough still the head coach in 2021?o_O

Ok, so I'm over stating when I say NOTHING. How about this then guys. If Michigan wins 10 games per season for the next four years, and NEVER plays for the conference title, is Harbough still the head coach in 2021?o_O
I don't think he will be at Michigan for 4 more years no matter if he wins 2NC's or wins 40 games...He is wired differently than most humans..Remember...he went on the radio talking about how he begged then Kansas AD-Lou Perkins-to hire him for the vacant Kansas job..He said Perkins wanted him there immediately and Harbaugh wanted to coach his Stanford team in the bowl game...He was pleading for...the Kansas Jayhawk HC job...He will end up back in the NFL as soon as he finds exactly what he is looking for at the time or when the UM admin piss him off enough.

Ok, so I'm over stating when I say NOTHING. How about this then guys. If Michigan wins 10 games per season for the next four years, and NEVER plays for the conference title, is Harbough still the head coach in 2021?o_O[/QU
My guess would be yes based on what Rodriguez did. He's an odd guy and I don't think it is an act. I also think he ends up back in the NFL. In SF he couldn't coexist with the GM.

This is the last I'm going to talk about Oliver Martin. If he wanted to be a Hawkeye, he would be a Hawkeye. He wanted to play for Michigan. He IS a Wolverine.

Saw on twitter he's slowing down the process and may not decide before the season. Wonder if a new player has entered the race.

Maybe he wants to commit to Iowa but take more officials.
Starting to wonder now. He's slowing down, D.J. Johnson was at OSU camp hoping to get an offer this weekend, they are our only 4 star prospects we are recruiting. Was hoping for both.

My guess is he is waiting for more offers, which isn't a bad thing for him, just for Iowa.

This is the last I'm going to talk about Oliver Martin. If he wanted to be a Hawkeye, he would be a Hawkeye. He wanted to play for Michigan. He IS a Wolverine.
I had heard from someone who knew the family that some members of his family wanted him to get away from Iowa City due to one of his parents being way too "hands on". I have no idea how much truth there is in this or how big a factor it was, but it would explain how things played out.

I had heard from someone who knew the family that some members of his family wanted him to get away from Iowa City due to one of his parents being way too "hands on". I have no idea how much truth there is in this or how big a factor it was, but it would explain how things played out.

I actually told my dad back when ollie was looking at schools that I have a Jake Christensen vibe about Ollie in terms of there dad's

I just caught a Hawkeye podcast last night (forget which one and I forget which reporter said this) ... but he thought Waggoner would decide by the end of July and that in his opinion it's down to Iowa and Ohio State ... he thought Iowa would win out ... Apology for not remembering which podcast and which reporter ...

Hope you're right. 5 mil and a lifetime contract should suggest an ability to put a fence around your back yard.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
How unhappy is he going to be when he is 2nd or 3rd string WR as a soph and junior?

I bet they used Darboh's accomplishments to real him in. But you're probably right he will never be a starter at Michigan. Unless Harbaugh likes pale wide receivers as much as KF.

Hope you're right. 5 mil and a lifetime contract should suggest an ability to put a fence around your back yard.
Dr.-Who.gif

There is a huge difference between states that churn out a high number of P5 players like Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, etc., and a state like Iowa that has maybe 4 or 5 in a given year.
Sure there is, but that doesn't mean Iowa has to sign every good player from the state. How about this thought, maybe they evaluate some kids from other states, and want them even more. Hmmmmm. Just because we have an offer out to a instate kid, doesn't mean he's the top kid at that position on our board. Does anyone actually want to go back and look at every Iowa kid we offered, that went elsewhere, and see if we signed a kid from out of state who ended up being a better player? Maybe IOWA cooled on the player and not the other way around. Who actually knows all this behind the scenes stuff.

Really, so how much of that 4.5( actually) million should he allocate to paying the players he's recruiting so that they no longer have a voice in the decision?Really Rusty's Dad, you liked this post? Wow!

Reactions: garberhawkeye
Really, so how much of that 4.5( actually) million should he allocate to paying the players he's recruiting so that they no longer have a voice in the decision?Really Rusty's Dad, you liked this post? Wow!

When you throw in $$$$ for the children it's actually more than 5 million for the family. When you add in the bonuses it's above 6 million. I can't find a single non-Iowa publication that says he isn't an over-valued asset. But you've proven you don't read anything outside the echo chamber so of course you can't be honest on this subject.

I can't find a single non-Iowa publication that says he isn't an over-valued asset.
Of course not. Those sources don't understand the reality like most of us do. They also don't realize the value in the stability of having a guy like KF over a Ron Zook or a Bobby Petrino or Hugh Freeze.

The class and stability that he provides is something that is taken for granted by lots of people here but certainly by the talking heads that clowns like you take so much stock in.

I heard he is waiting on a Stanford offer and if he gets one he will go.
If not its a slight lean to Iowa. Slight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT