ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson Co. I-Club replaces breakfasts with luncheons

belezabro

HB Legend
Jan 14, 2003
Sounds like the club has done a good job of making changes in wake of the change to morning practices. Also, some big names planned to appear at special events (Lute, Gable, and Ronnie Lester).

"The Johnson County I-Club, which discontinued its longstanding Friday breakfasts this fall because of a scheduling conflict, has announced a series of new events it hopes become local traditions.

The club has scheduled a new series of Friday luncheons, featuring appearances by Hawkeye coach Kirk Ferentz, ahead of three home football games this season.

Additionally, the club will host two new Friday evening pep rallies on the pedestrian mall, with former Hawkeye coaches Lute Olson and Dan Gable scheduled to headline the events.

The new events replace the Johnson County I-Club’s Friday breakfasts, where Ferentz and his predecessor, Hayden Fry, traditionally addressed supporters the morning before each Saturday home game.

But with Ferentz this year opting to move practices to early mornings for the first time in his 17 seasons as coach, the local I-Club was forced to call an audible.

“We had to go a new direction with the football team having morning practices, and we’re excited,” said Johnson County I-Club President Tom Robinson. “We’re calling it ‘Kicking Off New Traditions.’ ”

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/...nson-county-club-luncheons-football/31828423/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News