ADVERTISEMENT

Joined a gym and starting a diet. Anyone up for a weight loss challenge?

You guys must have missed it. I already declared victory. I started in May when I was 250 pounds and got the jump on all your lazy rears.

Just weighed in today at 198.3.

giphy.gif

Reactions: jasonrann
You guys must have missed it. I already declared victory. I started in May when I was 250 pounds and got the jump on all your lazy rears.

Just weighed in today at 198.3.

giphy.gif
no that was a false start. to win you need to get down to 158.6 pounds before someone else loses 20%. good luck but more importantly good job.

Reactions: 3boysmom
247 this morning.

I actually had a doctors appointment on Friday and despite some of the speculation, I have not had any chest pain, nor was I evaluated or treated for any urgent or acute issues. Specifically, I did not undergo any specialized cardiac or neurologic evaluations. Healthy as an ox.

I leave next week for 6 days at an AI resort. If I come back weighing more than what I started, do I get to use that weight as my starting weight?

Reactions: 3boysmom
Hey all, I have a question related to diet for everyone. I could really use some help.

It pretty much doesn't matter what I eat (healthy/unhealthy) or how much of it I eat, when I am finished, I just blow up like a flippin' sow and I'm miserable and often times, very tired. I have been skipping breakfast the past few months and try to eat a reasonable amount (not a ton) at lunch, but I'm still having issues. Today, for example, I had a bowl of miso soup and some chicken lettuce wraps that were very lightly seasoned.

Anyone with similar experiences or am I just catching the deads or the HIV? As part of this weight loss deal, I am starting back at the gym tomorrow and when I'm lifting regularly, my appetite really gets cranked up. This makes me not even want to eat.

Thanks in advance.

Hey all, I have a question related to diet for everyone. I could really use some help.

It pretty much doesn't matter what I eat (healthy/unhealthy) or how much of it I eat, when I am finished, I just blow up like a flippin' sow and I'm miserable and often times, very tired. I have been skipping breakfast the past few months and try to eat a reasonable amount (not a ton) at lunch, but I'm still having issues. Today, for example, I had a bowl of miso soup and some chicken lettuce wraps that were very lightly seasoned.

Anyone with similar experiences or am I just catching the deads or the HIV? As part of this weight loss deal, I am starting back at the gym tomorrow and when I'm lifting regularly, my appetite really gets cranked up. This makes me not even want to eat.

Thanks in advance.
by "blowing up" do mean having diarrhea or do mean being bloated? or something else?

Bloated. Diarrhea is very, very rare.
Sounds like swallowing too much air while eating or drinking (also by drinking soda) can cause that, as well eating high fiber foods. So if you had miso soup and washed it down with a soda...

Sounds like swallowing too much air while eating or drinking (also by drinking soda) can cause that, as well eating high fiber foods. So if you had miso soup and washed it down with a soda...

I have soda with lunch (but didn't today), maybe 50% of the time and if I do, it might be 1/2 of a can along with a glass of water. I don't have it with dinner anymore at all.

Well, I had hoped for better results, but have yet to get to the gym. Week one weight 229.5.

Thanks in advance.

its with any kind of food? I’ve heard people with gluten or milk allergies have this kind of reaction. Is there anything that you consistently eat?

its with any kind of food? I’ve heard people with gluten or milk allergies have this kind of reaction. Is there anything that you consistently eat?

It is any kind of food, for the most part. That said, if it is bread/carb heavy or super salty, the effect is worse.

Thanks in advance.

You actually should stop skipping breakfast. You don’t need to eat a lot but you need to eat and get the metabolism going. When you don’t, your body goes into starvation mode, slows the metabolism and holds onto the fat in one’s system. So I would start with eating breakfast.

With lifting, you’re definitely going to see an increase in appetite due to the body needing more protein to fuel the muscles and from you kicking the system into gear and burning more calories. I assume you’re also doing cardio during the week too?

With the GI issues, is it every type of food that’s causing the blowouts?

You actually should stop skipping breakfast. You don’t need to eat a lot but you need to eat and get the metabolism going. When you don’t, your body goes into starvation mode, slows the metabolism and holds onto the fat in one’s system. So I would start with eating breakfast.

With lifting, you’re definitely going to see an increase in appetite due to the body needing more protein to fuel the muscles and from you kicking the system into gear and burning more calories. I assume you’re also doing cardio during the week too?

With the GI issues, is it every type of food that’s causing the blowouts?

When I go to the gym, I'm out in under an hour. It's usually 2/3 weight training and 1/3 cardio. I always lift first.

With the GI stuff, doesn't matter what or how much I eat at lunch or dinner. I am bloated, miserable and tired afterwards. I am going to start doing a protein shake on my way to work in the morning so I'm at least getting something for breakfast. I use them for meal replacements sometimes too.

When I go to the gym, I'm out in under an hour. It's usually 2/3 weight training and 1/3 cardio. I always lift first.

With the GI stuff, doesn't matter what or how much I eat at lunch or dinner. I am bloated, miserable and tired afterwards. I am going to start doing a protein shake on my way to work in the morning so I'm at least getting something for breakfast. I use them for meal replacements sometimes too.
You might actually have celiac or some kind of gluten intolerance.

Dude, that is a lot of weight in two months. What's your plan?
35 min of hard cardio and 45 min of lifting. Last time I did this I lost 70lbs in two months. I eat really clean Mon-Fri, and do whatever I want Saturday and Sunday.

I'm starting a new diet/ workout regimen next week. goal is to lose 40lbs by January 18th.
How much do you currently weigh? Theoretically, in order to lose 40 pounds in 8 weeks you would need to be in a caloric deficit of about 2,500 calories per day. To maintain that type of deficit, your maintenance calories must be in excess of 5,000 per day.

How much do you currently weigh? Theoretically, in order to lose 40 pounds in 8 weeks you would need to be in a caloric deficit of about 2,500 calories per day. To maintain that type of deficit, your maintenance calories must be in excess of 5,000 per day.
302. I weighed 290 when I started this exact workout/diet routine in 2015 and lost 71lbs in 10 weeks. I dont get into the science behind it, I just know the results it produces because I've done it before.

The intermittent fasting crowd would disagree. I don't know the details, but there is a purported biochemical response.

I fast in the morning simply because it's an effective tool for calorie control. I tend to binge eat more in the evenings.

The intermittent fasting crowd would disagree. I don't know the details, but there is a purported biochemical response.

I fast in the morning simply because it's an effective tool for calorie control. I tend to binge eat more in the evenings.
I think they would say you should not eat in the morning because from the last time calories pass over lips at night until you wake up in the morning, you are extending your state during which you body turns to burning reserves and that this increases your metabolism. No idea if this is true or not.

302. I weighed 290 when I started this exact workout/diet routine in 2015 and lost 71lbs in 10 weeks. I dont get into the science behind it, I just know the results it produces because I've done it before.

Too much Golden Tee man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT