ADVERTISEMENT

Joined a gym and starting a diet. Anyone up for a weight loss challenge?

It's a few days early, but I wanted to get on the record my weight before I leave for vacation. Down 5 lb since Monday morning's weigh-in so now at 236.2.
With all of the crazy secks you will be having you should come back sub 230

Its called planning a birthday party, my wife had me running all day Friday and Saturday, thought I would get a break Sunday, but had to start putting up Christmas decorations yesterday. It showed on the scale. This week is a whole other story. Hopefully I come in less than I started.

Down another 1.1% this week. Combined percentage for both weeks is 2.72%. 1.2 pounds from the goal I set for weight on Thanksgiving so pretty happy today. Youngest son is coming home from school tonight so the big test will be if I can stop myself from the habit of buying him all the crap that he doesn't need and I end up eating. Gotta stay strong.

I’m on the road tonight, won’t get a good weight until Wednesday, which is one extra day for me.

I feel like I haven’t lost anything this week......

Z

Reactions: 3boysmom
Yay, I’m down to 234. Still eating like an unsupervised 5 year old at a birthday party but have started lifting again.

Belt notch hasn’t changed yet.
Nice. 228.2 for me. I got injured last week which derailed my gym efforts but I feel good about the upcoming week with time away from the office.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Even 196 this morning. Wonder how well I'll fare after the next couple days? Gonna be tough!

Z
Welp, I did not fare well during T-giving holiday. Did not help we went to the chiefs game yesterday and I was not very well behaved. I won't step on scale before tomorrow morning but I can tell I gave up ground...

Reactions: jasonrann
Well vacation was not great for me. Back to 242.2. So that's up 6 lbs. I think I actually lost about 2 lbs since being back so hopefully those lbs come back off quickly and I can made some progress between now and Christmas.

I'm not surprised I gained that much weight, but I wasnt even that gluttonous. If we did a buffet for breakfast or lunch I only had one plate all but one time. There was only one day where I felt absolutely stuffed at the end of the day. It could have been so much worse.

Welp, I did not fare well during T-giving holiday. Did not help we went to the chiefs game yesterday and I was not very well behaved. I won't step on scale before tomorrow morning but I can tell I gave up ground...

I will be right there with you on Wednesday morning. The holidays are pure feasting and boozing.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Up to 199.2! Thanksgiving, Iowa game on Friday, two nights of basketball, leftovers...…I knew this wouldn't go well.

Oh well, back on the horse. Hope to at least be back down to where I was last week, next week. Working on it.

Z

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am officially back to square one after the Thanksgiving holiday. 232.0 this morning.

As am I. Although not an official weigh in, 231.1, as compared to 231.5 on day 1.

I just completed night four of zero alcohol during the week and it’s definitely making a difference. I will wait until next week to report results though. I actually calculated the number of calories I was consuming pretty regularly and I have to admit, it’s a little bit embarrassing. I have also switched from coffee to green tea and cut my diet soda consumption from two/day to roughly two/week. Those are things that typically help me also.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am officially back to square one after the Thanksgiving holiday. 232.0 this morning.
Not the end of the world. I gained 16 lbs (yes 16, I do that every year) after Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving. But that is just bloat/water weight from all the carbs and after a week of normal eating I'm back to where I was. Eat normal again and you'll drop back down :)

Reactions: jasonrann
Not the end of the world. I gained 16 lbs (yes 16, I do that every year) after Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving. But that is just bloat/water weight from all the carbs and after a week of normal eating I'm back to where I was. Eat normal again and you'll drop back down :)

What's your day to day fightin' weight, shizzle? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread. Aside from some Chinese food last night, we have done really well with the low carb approach this week. That's typically the main magic for me.

Well, things aren’t going too well the last couple weeks. 201 this morning. Gonna have to stay away from Babes Chicken House, which is without a doubt, the best sit down fried chicken restaurant in these great United States!

love me some fried chicken!

Oh and Vaughn’s Pizza. not as good as what you lucky Iowans can get, but it’s damn good for southern pizza.

Z

Reactions: 3boysmom
Well, things aren’t going too well the last couple weeks. 201 this morning. Gonna have to stay away from Babes Chicken House, which is without a doubt, the best sit down fried chicken restaurant in these great United States!

love me some fried chicken!

Oh and Vaughn’s Pizza. not as good as what you lucky Iowans can get, but it’s damn good for southern pizza.

Z
I am in your camp with the holidays, company, and crap going on at night with the kids so that I can't get to the gym. 230.5 but this week I am making my move!

I'll be in come new year. I need booze and food to suffer through the holidays.

I am pretty close to OP#'s and goals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT