ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Miller defends Iowa media

Irvin 88

HR All-State
Nov 11, 2017
Listen at 31:46....what a complete tool this guy is. Hey Jon....NOBODY ever recommended being a ass hole to Kirk....never did....all we ever asked is that they press him and don't let him sidestep everything. And that question asked by the Ohio reporter is a couple years overdue, and would NOT have been out of line if asked by Buckeye media to a OSU coach or in Ann Arbor to a Michigan coach....only in little safe haven Iowa would someone consider it to be "over the line"....come down off your high horse Jon.

Last edited:
What these guys dont understand is that we dont expect media to throw a tantrum at the presser. We all work in jobs where we respectfully disagree with people. Its normal dialogue as an adult.

What Chad did a couple weeks back is all we expect. Dont let him just say " body of work". push back with facts, respectfully.

The dude is just desperate for attention. How many times has he "stepped away" to pursue something else only to pop up again with some random podcast begging for attention.
He's also a snake oil salesman who will do anything to line his own pockets. He has left a lot of broken promises in his wake. Doesn't care who he steamrolls over. He will do anything to keep his credibility. He's a con artist and worthless excuse for a human being.

The dude is just desperate for attention. How many times has he "stepped away" to pursue something else only to pop up again with some random podcast begging for attention.
He’s a total DB.

I still laugh how he got hired by the Big Ten Network for like one appearance in studio before they carted him off stage right - never to be seen from again.

Sounds like someone on these forums lol, usually found in HROT.
He is worse that posters in the forum. Because when he actually was a voice, he abused his power to enrich himself. Tom may have forgiven him but I never will.

Tom Kakert is a good man and treats people with respect. Tom had the decency to reach out to me after Jon left when I was still contributing content. If Tom was defending the Iowa media, I'd have his back.

But for Jon say it and be a complete db about in what sounded like a drunken rant is over the top. Jon didn't even have the decency to let people know he was leaving Rivals. He's such a hypocrite now for defending Iowa media when he couldn't even be honest with his own contributors.

He’s a total DB.

I still laugh how he got hired by the Big Ten Network for like one appearance in studio before they carted him off stage right - never to be seen from again.

I didn't know he was on BTN. I would like to know the back story to that one! 🤓 🤪

Reactions: WaterTower
Listen at 31:46....what a complete tool this guy is. Hey Jon....NOBODY said anything about being a ass hole to Kirk....never did....all we ever asked is that they press him and don't let him sidestep everything. And that question asked by the Ohio reporter would NOT have been out of line if asked by Buckeye media to a OSU coach or in Ann Arbor to a Michigan coach....only in little safe haven Iowa would someone consider it to be "over the line"....come down off your high horse Jon.

Miller and Deace. Two people who turned my stomach whenever I heard them pontificate.

He is worse that posters in the forum. Because when he actually was a voice, he abused his power to enrich himself. Tom may have forgiven him but I never will.

Tom Kakert is a good man and treats people with respect. Tom had the decency to reach out to me after Jon left when I was still contributing content. If Tom was defending the Iowa media, I'd have his back.

But for Jon say it and be a complete db about in what sounded like a drunken rant is over the top. Jon didn't even have the decency to let people know he was leaving Rivals. He's such a hypocrite now for defending Iowa media when he couldn't even be honest with his own contributors.
My comment was never about Tom Kakert.

I didn't know he was on BTN. I would like to know the back story to that one! 🤓 🤪
I did see the one episode he was one. Believe or not the guy he was with was worse than jon. Jon struggled but no one could have looked good with the guy he was working with.

Reactions: rfgiowa
LOL Jon Miller is one bad man in his mind. What a complete tool bag.
2 minutes prior to 31:46 he had to let us know how financially secure he is...I think it was in the prior podcast he had to let his on air partner know that the attire he was wearing wouldn't fly at his country club......dude is very insecure.

Last edited:
Jon Miller didn’t make it on BTN because, like Sarah Palin, he can’t pronounce “ing.” It’s like nails on a chalkboard.

Recruiteen, coacheen, developeen, rusheen, passeen, blockeen, tackleen, winneen, loseen, parkeen, tailgateen, drinkeen, cheereen, waveen…
So I stopped listeneen.

-----Kudos to Jon for correct pronunciation of rhabdomyolysis. ;)
Surprised by his language. Last time I dealt with him he was way too sanctimonious for that.

OMG....you nailed him with "sanctimonious"....when he was last on with Deace we constantly heard how he took "a long look at himself" and didn't like the way he had went "over the top" in his criticisms of Iowa football....and how he was going to take a more "mature" stance on things from now on. He was basically letting his pissed off callers know without saying it, that they were the great "unwashed" and they too should take a long look at themselves. And not to mention how many times he's mentioned overcoming his bout with the booze....as if he's the only one who's ever done that....great for him, but I grew tired of hearing about it.

Last edited:
Listen at 31:46....what a complete tool this guy is. Hey Jon....NOBODY ever recommended being a ass hole to Kirk....never did....all we ever asked is that they press him and don't let him sidestep everything. And that question asked by the Ohio reporter is a couple years overdue, and would NOT have been out of line if asked by Buckeye media to a OSU coach or in Ann Arbor to a Michigan coach....only in little safe haven Iowa would someone consider it to be "over the line"....come down off your high horse Jon.

Who cares what Jon Miller thinks as he is not in the media anymore. It would be like asking people if they would really listen to or care what most of us have to say.

-----Kudos to Jon for correct pronunciation of rhabdomyolysis. ;)
Surprised by his language. Last time I dealt with him he was way too sanctimonious for that.

OMG....you nailed him with "sanctimonious"....when he was last on with Deace we constantly heard how he took "a long look at himself" and didn't like the way he had went "over the top" in his criticisms of Iowa football....and how he was going to take a more "mature" stance on things from now on. He was basically letting his pissed off callers know without saying it, that they were the great "unwashed" and they too should take a long look at themselves. And not to mention how many times he's mentioned overcoming his bout with the booze....as if he was the only one who's ever done that....great for him, but I grew tired of hearing about it.
Not defending Jon Miller, because he DOES like him some Jon Miller, but as is typical, you show yourself as the moron everyone knows you are.

Jon was basically saying that he made quasi-personal attacks on both Kirk and Brian during the 2014 season, not realizing what the family was going through with the premature birth, and later the death, of Brian and his wife's baby girl. Jon admitted saying, several times, that it was "obvious Kirk and the staff are phoning it in".

You probably laughed and applauded when that happened. That's how much of a dickhead you are.

Good lord, I didn’t even realize he had a new podcast. How many times is he going to try and fail?

Reactions: shudaddy
Not defending Jon Miller, because he DOES like him some Jon Miller, but as is typical, you show yourself as the moron everyone knows you are.

Jon was basically saying that he made quasi-personal attacks on both Kirk and Brian during the 2014 season, not realizing what the family was going through with the premature birth, and later the death, of Brian and his wife's baby girl. Jon admitted saying, several times, that it was "obvious Kirk and the staff are phoning it in".

You probably laughed and applauded when that happened. That's how much of a dickhead you are.
You are a dickhead for assuming anything on a message board. I would NEVER laugh and applaud such a thing!!! I never heard him ONE TIME expand on what exactly the "immature" comments were that he made....I only heard him say that he felt that he had been too "over the top" in his criticisms, or something to that effect.

ADVERTISEMENT