ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Miller defends Iowa media

Not defending Jon Miller, because he DOES like him some Jon Miller, but as is typical, you show yourself as the moron everyone knows you are.

Jon was basically saying that he made quasi-personal attacks on both Kirk and Brian during the 2014 season, not realizing what the family was going through with the premature birth, and later the death, of Brian and his wife's baby girl. Jon admitted saying, several times, that it was "obvious Kirk and the staff are phoning it in".

You probably laughed and applauded when that happened. That's how much of a dickhead you are.
Everyone has crap going on in their personal lives. It's not an excuse to be horrible at your profession...

Reactions: shudaddy
All these comments critical of Jon when 90% of you have never met him deserve a collective eye roll. Your indoctrination into cancelling an individual based on what others say is more an indictment on you than it is Jon. If you don’t like his product, don’t listen. Kinda the same with Iowa football, don’t like the product, don’t engage. Otherwise, as Ricky Gervaise would say, **** off.

All these comments critical of Jon when 90% of you have never met him deserve a collective eye roll. Your indoctrination into cancelling an individual based on what others say is more an indictment on you than it is Jon. If you don’t like his product, don’t listen. Kinda the same with Iowa football, don’t like the product, don’t engage. Otherwise, as Ricky Gervaise would say, **** off.
I’ve listened to him enough to know he’s a complete tool…..don’t need to meet him to confirm that.

He kissed Alford’s butt until he was fired, then he turned on him.

he wasn’t honest with his listeners because he was hoping to be “ the next Zabel “ or paid MC for Iowa athletics. So there is that.

Reactions: shudaddy
I didn't know he was on BTN. I would like to know the back story to that one! 🤓 🤪
He is the Buzz Aldrin of the BTN. He claims to have hosted the second show ever broadcast on BTN. Since nearly no one had BTN at the time, it is difficult to confirm or disprove.
I am far from a regular listener, but if he talks more than 30 minutes, he will bring it up (and that he got rich off crypto).

• Haha
Reactions: rfgiowa
Listen at 31:46....what a complete tool this guy is. Hey Jon....NOBODY ever recommended being a ass hole to Kirk....never did....all we ever asked is that they press him and don't let him sidestep everything. And that question asked by the Ohio reporter is a couple years overdue, and would NOT have been out of line if asked by Buckeye media to a OSU coach or in Ann Arbor to a Michigan coach....only in little safe haven Iowa would someone consider it to be "over the line"....come down off your high horse Jon.

At that mark in the podcast he called the offense potentially program ruinous. What are you all talking about?

#1 - I wouldn't trust Miller in any sort of business dealings and/or business partnerships, ever.

#2 - Miller doesn't pull his own weight in partnerships. He siphons money out of people. I bet he slacks at his current role with Propane Buzz. He's a piddler.

#3 - I highly doubt Miller is as financially secure as he leads people on to believe. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a net worth less than $750,000. I'd be shocked if it's over $1M. And at age 55 or whatever he is, that's not financially secure.

He grew up in a trailer park in West Branch so maybe his idea of financial security differs from that of reality.

Anybody that would take time to listen to content from Miller or Howe I would consider them on the idiot spectrum. Those two are such tools and have zero intelligence, and its beyond obvious. So why would anybody even try to listen? To get dumber? To get pissed off at their dumbshitness?

All I can ever think of with that name is his long-winded, "I've built myself into a brand" post (maybe 20 years ago now?) when he got into the ownership battle with rivals/superhawkeye/whoever. It was quite insightful as to who he was/is, and appears true to this day.

#1 - I wouldn't trust Miller in any sort of business dealings and/or business partnerships, ever.

#2 - Miller doesn't pull his own weight in partnerships. He siphons money out of people. I bet he slacks at his current role with Propane Buzz. He's a piddler.

#3 - I highly doubt Miller is as financially secure as he leads people on to believe. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a net worth less than $750,000. I'd be shocked if it's over $1M. And at age 55 or whatever he is, that's not financially secure.

He grew up in a trailer park in West Branch so maybe his idea of financial security differs from that of reality.

Do you know something we don't?
#1 and #2 are pretty harsh.

Anybody that would take time to listen to content from Miller or Howe I would consider them on the idiot spectrum. Those two are such tools and have zero intelligence, and its beyond obvious. So why would anybody even try to listen? To get dumber? To get pissed off at their dumbshitness?
It’s a shame Docht has to have a podcast with Howe.

Reactions: CookyMonster
I used to listen to his podcast when I was looking for hawkeye content around 7 years ago. I haven't lived in Iowa for 30 years so sometimes it was harder to find than it is now.

Miller always seemed like a guy I wouldn't want to hang out with, but thought he was fairly good at podcasting. He didn't have all the recording of lip smacking, water drinks, swallowing you find with a lot of them and was knowledgeable with roughly the same amount of years watching Iowa as me.

However, after stepping down and then coming back so many times the past couple years I've given up on finding his content. I did try one of him on that Iowa Everywhere with Chris Williams. Chwis is unlistenable..a slow talking, mouth breathing clown fan. Not worth the time.

I don't listen much when my team is losing. I'd rather relive the wins so I haven't spent much time lately with them. My general takes are:
-I like Kakert's more when Randazzo isn't on with his giggly, smirking style and same jokes without any insight
-I like the one with Scott Dochterman and put up with Rob Howe on it, Howe alone is unlistenable. I wish it was still Marc Moorehouse with Dochterman.
-The locked on podcast with Trent Condon is better than it used to be with other hosts.

Reactions: CookyMonster
He is 100% right about the media. An out of town reporter can treat a head coach differently than the local media. The local media is supposed to ask tough questions while being respectful. They do this. Chad Leistikow is excellent at this. David Eickholdt has challenged Kirk about mid-season firings.

What is happening now is not the media's fault. You start at the top. This is on Barta for that ridiculous contract extension of a coach in his 60s who was never ever going to get another job. Why agree to any buyout with such a coach let alone like $42 million? Kirk has no accountability because we can't fire him due to Barta's blunder. So this is all on Barta who probably makes 10x what these media guys are making. Even still, Barta could help to clean up this problem my firing Brian or at least letting Kirk know that is on the table. But no sign that this will happen. So if this offense makes you feel the need to rage at someone at least direct it at the right person. I blame Barta, Kirk, and Brian in that order.

I used to enjoy listening to Jon's thoughts on Hawkeye sports. Why he had to start politicizing things I'll never understand. That alienates 50% of the listeners no matter what direction you go.

I never liked miller. He's one of those people who isn't very polished who pretends to be. That and the fact that he was Steve Deaces little sidekick.

Kennington Smith the Des Moines Register is the one who should be asking the tough questions. The dude is a world-class reporter and Kirk would look bad cutting him from the press room.

I used to enjoy listening to Jon's thoughts on Hawkeye sports. Why he had to start politicizing things I'll never understand. That alienates 50% of the listeners no matter what direction you go.
he was terrible before and after his love relationship with Steve Deace.

I never liked miller. He's one of those people who isn't very polished who pretends to be. That and the fact that he was Steve Deaces little sidekick.
The sight of Steve Deace makes me want to puke. I remember when he was so fat that you couldn't see the separation between his huge legs. It looked like one big ass leg with two feet. He's the kind of turd that makes money off of hate. And screw Miller for wanting such a goood buddy.

He is 100% right about the media. An out of town reporter can treat a head coach differently than the local media. The local media is supposed to ask tough questions while being respectful. They do this. Chad Leistikow is excellent at this. David Eickholdt has challenged Kirk about mid-season firings.

What is happening now is not the media's fault. You start at the top. This is on Barta for that ridiculous contract extension of a coach in his 60s who was never ever going to get another job. Why agree to any buyout with such a coach let alone like $42 million? Kirk has no accountability because we can't fire him due to Barta's blunder. So this is all on Barta who probably makes 10x what these media guys are making. Even still, Barta could help to clean up this problem my firing Brian or at least letting Kirk know that is on the table. But no sign that this will happen. So if this offense makes you feel the need to rage at someone at least direct it at the right person. I blame Barta, Kirk, and Brian in that order.
Sorry...but their tough questions are always framed in a way that allows KF to escape or at the very least not get irate....never direct...never pressing for a followup when it's doesn't get answered. That question the Ohio reporter asked wouldn't get a HC at OSU or Michigan upset in the least, because it would be par for the course at a program where expectations are high.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Listen at 31:46....what a complete tool this guy is. Hey Jon....NOBODY ever recommended being a ass hole to Kirk....never did....all we ever asked is that they press him and don't let him sidestep everything. And that question asked by the Ohio reporter is a couple years overdue, and would NOT have been out of line if asked by Buckeye media to a OSU coach or in Ann Arbor to a Michigan coach....only in little safe haven Iowa would someone consider it to be "over the line"....come down off your high horse Jon.

Thanks for sharing. that was a good listen. Pretty much right

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15

You are wrong, as was the Ohio reporter, but at least he can claim ignorance. Kirk has already made it clear on several occasions that he isn't going to make coaching changes during the season, but apparently you want to hear the question over and over again. I agree with Kirk , after the season is the time for those decisions.

Sorry...but their tough questions are always framed in a way that allows KF to escape or at the very least not get irate....never direct...never pressing for a followup when it's doesn't get answered. That question the Ohio reporter asked wouldn't get a HC at OSU or Michigan upset in the least, because it would be par for the course at a program where expectations are high.
Where do you think the “What’s the upside” or “that’s football” quotes came from? A tough question doesn’t mean being an asshole. Sometimes you just want to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Everyone has crap going on in their personal lives. It's not an excuse to be horrible at your profession...
Wow, did you ever miss the point. Miller was saying he needed to step back because he jumped on KF and BF at a time when he didn't realize what they were going through with Brian and his wife's baby.

You are a dickhead for assuming anything on a message board. I would NEVER laugh and applaud such a thing!!! I never heard him ONE TIME expand on what exactly the "immature" comments were that he made....I only heard him say that he felt that he had been too "over the top" in his criticisms, or something to that effect.
So in other words, you ranked on him without knowing the context.

Like I said, you're a dickhead.

So in other words, you ranked on him without knowing the context.

Like I said, you're a dickhead.
Is there a reason why this topic is so important to you...or are you just another one of my stalkers? Again....there was NO context to take into account. Not knowing or having ANY context to guide me, why would/should I have any fear in blasting him??? You really are acting like KF's #1 little biatch. Just think....in a couple short months, it will be cold enough for you to actually sleep in his letter jacket.

ADVERTISEMENT