ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Bohannon has a much improved finger roll

I like the way he's running much more. Hope his foot issues are far behind him now.

This kid will have a lofty place in Iowa basketball history.

Intentionally missing that free throw that would have broken Chris Street’s record cemented his place as one of the classiest players in college basketball. I live in CA and I was at the bar on a Saturday, watching ncaa games, with an Iowa shirt on, and at the table next to me a bunch of UCLA fans were talking about JB during half time. We chatted for a while and then the conversation topic changed to guess who!

Getting into the lane and utilizing a finger roll isn't really Jordan Bohannon's game. If he does drive to the lane, kicking it out and/or a little tear drop makes more sense.

Unless you can dunk it, don't bother bringing it to the rim because in the Big 10 they will get swatted.

I would rather he spent his summer developing a crossover and defense than a finger roll. He'll be dishing to Cook or Garza if he's doing his job as PG.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Think of the best shooters to ever play at Iowa........

I'm sure I missed some of them because I was too young. The 70 team of Johnson and Brown. Any of the old timers, for which i rely on the words of the ancient ones. Nile Kinnick was probably a great shooter.

Bohannon is there with all of them.

I'm not saying he's better than any of them. Don't get all bent. But, if you don't watch what's occurring in front of your faces in the present, you're missing an all timer. He can, and does, shoot the rock very well.

Getting into the lane and utilizing a finger roll isn't really Jordan Bohannon's game. If he does drive to the lane, kicking it out and/or a little tear drop makes more sense.

Unless you can dunk it, don't bother bringing it to the rim because in the Big 10 they will get swatted.

He would be better served perfecting a floater, for sure. Maybe he is working on the Steph Curry finger roll-floater.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
The best shooting guard in the Big10, maybe all of college basketball continues to improve his all around game for the Hawkeyes.

GO HAWKS :)

Hmmmmm..........I wonder if the other guards on the team are improving?
Hmmmmmmmmm................

220 to 230 range last I heard.

finesse not soft ;) But his length 7'10" wingspan can cause a lot of problems in the paint.

Looking forward to seeing Tyler Cook dunk on Bol

I am looking forward to Cook putting Bol through the rim.

Reactions: perryhawk
220 to 230 range last I heard.

finesse not soft ;) But his length 7'10" wingspan can cause a lot of problems in the paint.

Looking forward to seeing Tyler Cook dunk on Bol

That’s going to happen trust me, Cook might be shorter.. but he would dunk all over Bol right now. People (experts) I trust immensely tell me they have real problems with Bol’s perception of where he should be playing and how... he hasn’t ever been a physical player and might never be.

You are totally correct he is amazingly skilled for his size..which is cool to watch.

That’s going to happen trust me, Cook might be shorter.. but he would dunk all over Bol right now. People (experts) I trust immensely tell me they have real problems with Bol’s perception of where he should be playing and how... he hasn’t ever been a physical player and might never be.

You are totally correct he is amazingly skilled for his size..which is cool to watch.

Cook didn't impress me when he went up against Young in Ames last season. Cook totally backed down to a much stronger Young.

Cook didn't impress me when he went up against Young in Ames last season. Cook totally backed down to a much stronger Young.

Apple and Oranges... Cook is disappointing at times but the matchup we were discussing is different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT