ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix Update. 9 scholarship players are hopefully available vs Indiana

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Fran said today that Josh Dix didn’t practice yesterday, but should do some work today. Fran thinks he’ll be a go against Indiana tomorrow, but did not guarantee it.

We have 11 scholarship players. However, for tomorrow, we are down for sure to 9:

* PMac is out.
* Ogundele has a knee issue and will NOT play according to Fran

In addition:
* 7'0 Mulvey is, unfortunately, not a desirable option.
* Dix is questionable.

I am guessing, as a result, we might see Kingsbury.

I would imagine the starters tomorrow are:

Ulis
Perkins
Kris
Connor
Filip

Scholarship Players Off the bench:

Payton (who's 0 for what in B1G play)
Dasonte
Dix (if he can go)

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
Kings bury is a mature player, does not make a lot of mistakes and can spell some valuable minutes. I’d like to see what he can do with more minutes.
Kingsbury was in for the decisive 0-9 run by WIsky and hasn’t played since….

well Iowa needs someone that can hit a three on a consistent basis
IOWA needs to play Defense to win.

Pmac Out and Sandfort with few minutes will help

Mulvey will need to see some minutes

IOWA needs to play Defense to win.

Pmac Out and Sandfort with few minutes will help

Mulvey will need to see some minutes
giphy.gif

Reactions: oldhawk56
Why after 2 years, is Mulvey not even able to see playing minutes, please tell me how he could be any worse then Sandford or anyone else Fran could throw out there. He has something no other Hawk player has, and no matter how much he's in Fran's dog house, we as fans deserve to see the results of his fruits of labor. It's just BS and it's not really fair to the other scholarship players that work hard to produce a successful season.
This proves to me that Iowa is no better now, then in Fran's first season at Iowa, it's sad to see again the downfall of a once proud program. What a waste of the Murray bothers, Garza, Wieskamp, Cook, JBO, White, Uthoff, Woodbury, Gesell, Marble and others. To say that Fran brought Iowa out of the dark age's that was the end of Alfords and Lickliter time at Iowa and Iowa can do no better then McCaffery, please tell me how much better is Iowa now under Fran.
It goes to show that recruiting projects or players not ready for prime time can go only so far, and eventually coaching players up only go's so far.
I hope others can prove me wrong, but the program doesn't look good to me.

The lack of quality depth is alarming. Just look at any other Top 50 type roster and there are hoards of athletes.
Team would look a LITTLE different if Keegan hadn't blown up, and the twins were both playing for the hawks this year....

Ponder this: If both Murrays were on the team, would Kris still be playing behind Patrick?
I know right. its not beyond possible. I guess he would not be for now anyway. Honestly who knows. Maybe Fran plays one of them at the 2 which he tried with Sandfort. Really bad idea. Maybe CMac doesn't come back then. We would certainly have more help when FR sits......

Why after 2 years, is Mulvey not even able to see playing minutes, please tell me how he could be any worse then Sandford or anyone else Fran could throw out there. He has something no other Hawk player has, and no matter how much he's in Fran's dog house, we as fans deserve to see the results of his fruits of labor. It's just BS and it's not really fair to the other scholarship players that work hard to produce a successful season.
This proves to me that Iowa is no better now, then in Fran's first season at Iowa, it's sad to see again the downfall of a once proud program. What a waste of the Murray bothers, Garza, Wieskamp, Cook, JBO, White, Uthoff, Woodbury, Gesell, Marble and others. To say that Fran brought Iowa out of the dark age's that was the end of Alfords and Lickliter time at Iowa and Iowa can do no better then McCaffery, please tell me how much better is Iowa now under Fran.
It goes to show that recruiting projects or players not ready for prime time can go only so far, and eventually coaching players up only go's so far.
Why is Mulvey in the doghouse?
Why do us fans deserve to see the fruits of his labor?

Why is Mulvey in the doghouse?
Why do us fans deserve to see the fruits of his labor?
Because Riley is on a scholarship, it isn't that Riley wasn't on any other colleges radar, he was evidently a player of interest, or Fran wouldn't have recruited him, that's why. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
As for the doghouse comment, I just threw that out there, if he was recruited to play in the Big Ten and after 2 years only sees spot minutes either Fran pissed his pants and wasted a scholarship on him and wants to save face or there is some other reason that Fran doesn't want anyone to know why he not playing. Either way, giving a scholarship to a player to warm the bench and play cheerleader for 2 hours every game should be investigated as a waste of Iowa's basketball funds or dereliction of coaching duties.
Prove me wrong, and if tonight Iowa gets blown out by Indiana and doesn't play a healthy Mulvey, Fran needs to GO PERIOD!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I don't understand how ISU is pulling in all the great recruits that they are getting. Fran struck gold with the Murrays and Luka. How is ISU such a great destination than Iowa other than playing in a packed house.

Ponder this: If both Murrays were on the team, would Kris still be playing behind Patrick

there’s no need to ponder, the answer is last and it’s NO

Frans blundered last yr playing PMac ahead of Kris
and
Fran blundered the yr before playing CMac ahead of Keeegan

Reactions: NI hawk
I don't understand how ISU is pulling in all the great recruits that they are getting. Fran struck gold with the Murrays and Luka. How is ISU such a great destination than Iowa other than playing in a packed house.
A. They know they will always play behind Frans Kids….
B. See A, as there are 2 kids

• Haha
You want to know why, just look at the 2 coaches, ones is energetic, brought in assistants that embrace defense, works the sideline of games, and embraces the portal and change, the other one coaches like he expects his players to bring their own energy to games, doesn't even try to use the portal to make his team better, hasn't embraced the value of defense in his 13 years at Iowa and hasn't used his title to get Barta to make changes needed to get the students energized to come to games. Other then that you wander why Iowa State is better then Iowa.
Again, people on this board lauded Fran for bring Iowa back after the end of Alford and Lickliter years, but is this year any different then the last years of those two previous coaches....really. Fran's the best coach Iowa can expect until he calls it quits!

Because Riley is on a scholarship, it isn't that Riley wasn't on any other colleges radar, he was evidently a player of interest, or Fran wouldn't have recruited him, that's why. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
As for the doghouse comment, I just threw that out there, if he was recruited to play in the Big Ten and after 2 years only sees spot minutes either Fran pissed his pants and wasted a scholarship on him and wants to save face or there is some other reason that Fran doesn't want anyone to know why he not playing. Either way, giving a scholarship to a player to warm the bench and play cheerleader for 2 hours every game should be investigated as a waste of Iowa's basketball funds or dereliction of coaching duties.
Prove me wrong, and if tonight Iowa gets blown out by Indiana and doesn't play a healthy Mulvey, Fran needs to GO PERIOD!
So the doghouse statement was just throw shit on a wall to see if it sticks.
Because any player is on scholarship is not a reason fans DESERVE to see the fruits of their labor.
We cheer a team of players for their entertainment factor. Fans don't deserve anything for supporting a team.
Fans don't own the team.

So the doghouse statement was just throw shit on a wall to see if it sticks.
Because any player is on scholarship is not a reason fans DESERVE to see the fruits of their labor.
We cheer a team of players for their entertainment factor. Fans don't deserve anything for supporting a team.
Fans don't own the team.
100%.....seems to be a thing with a lot of fans...thinking these guys owe them something, or that they belong to the fan....just not the case.

Fran said today that Josh Dix didn’t practice yesterday, but should do some work today. Fran thinks he’ll be a go against Indiana tomorrow, but did not guarantee it.

We have 11 scholarship players. However, for tomorrow, we are down for sure to 9:

* PMac is out.
* Ogundele has a knee issue and will NOT play according to Fran

In addition:
* 7'0 Mulvey is, unfortunately, not a desirable option.
* Dix is questionable.

I am guessing, as a result, we might see Kingsbury.

I would imagine the starters tomorrow are:

Ulis
Perkins
Kris
Connor
Filip

Scholarship Players Off the bench:

Payton (who's 0 for what in B1G play)
Dasonte
Dix (if he can go)

I just have such a difficult time understanding how a team like Wisconsin can get 6'9" - 7' guys like Wahl, Crowl that can rebound, defend and score and we can't. We get Jelly and Mulvey that have never been a factor. Who is our recruiter for inside recruiting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT