ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix

I usually hate the unimaginative white guy to white guy comparisons but he really does resemble Gordon Hayward.

I don't see that at all. Both are white, but Hayward is taller and played inside out in college. Dix is probably 3" shorter and excels on the perimeter.
Have fun arguing this one with him! Hayward's game now is different than when he was in college. Some can't see past the fact you don't compare a NBA veteran with an 18 year old's current game.

Reactions: perryhawk
Have fun arguing this one with him! Hayward's game now is different than when he was in college. Some can't see past the fact you don't compare a NBA veteran with an 18 year old's current game.
Grow up dude. Its a message board.

You can compare anyone you want, it doesn't matter. That is an actual fact. What you said is your opinion.

There are allot of similarities in their games. Similar size and athleticism, primarily face up players that can score on all three levels.

Anyone with half a brain understands that any comparison is loosely based at best.

You can compare anyone you want, it doesn't matter. That is an actual fact. What you said is your opinion.

There are allot of similarities in their games. Similar size and athleticism, primarily face up players that can score on all three levels.

Anyone with half a brain understands that any comparison is loosely based at best.
Thanks for making my point!

Reactions: onionman1

"Grow up dude. Its a message board." You're the one who can't take it when you are criticized and start the name calling. You're the one who says what you say is "an actual fact" - while then saying "any comparison is loosely based at best." So - if your best comparison is loosely based at best, (your words, not mine) you had better be ready to have someone call you out on it. Try taking your own advice while you're at it.

Reactions: onionman1
"Grow up dude. Its a message board." You're the one who can't take it when you are criticized and start the name calling. You're the one who says what you say is "an actual fact" - while then saying "any comparison is loosely based at best." So - if your best comparison is loosely based at best, (your words, not mine) you had better be ready to have someone call you out on it. Try taking your own advice while you're at it.

Whatever point you're attempting to make with this stream of consciousness rambling, I can promise you I don't care.

I know I'm old, and it doesn't matter, and certainly don't hold it against this kid, but I REALLY hate where society is right now. "Social media" just blows so damned hard--everyone feeling like the rest of the world wants and needs to know every thought and detail that crosses their mind.
I get it; people are interested where this kid will play basketball, but everyone feeling the need to release top 10's or 5's or whatever. These kids are making a decision for their futures and they should absolutely put in the needed time to make the right one, but the "fanfare" of narrowing the list....like I said, I'm old.

Hopefully the irony of that being posted on a message board isn't lost on most people.
Totally understand, and maybe I'm wrong/naïve/whatever, but I see boards and things like Twitter and Facebook as different.
You can actually have a discussion here (at times) and remain anonymous and just 'talk', whereas the other entities are 98% "LOOK AT ME!!" formats. Not sure what point there would be to try and promote yourself/anyone on a message board, but I guess it's possible. Sure, you can have an exchange/conversation on those platforms as well, but my experiences are that they are way less common and almost totally non-productive, and that's to say nothing of the 'censoring' that takes place on the platforms.
I was never on Facebook, other than for a business I owned, and got off Twitter some time ago so perhaps things have changed (even though I completely know they haven't).
IMO, while message boards could very well be considered 'social media' by some or most, I see SM being the platforms for folks to take pictures of the dinner they just made, or their feet on a beach, or whatever they are doing at the moment so they can say "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, SOMEONE VALIDATE ME!!!!".

I know I'm old, and it doesn't matter, and certainly don't hold it against this kid, but I REALLY hate where society is right now. "Social media" just blows so damned hard--everyone feeling like the rest of the world wants and needs to know every thought and detail that crosses their mind.
I get it; people are interested where this kid will play basketball, but everyone feeling the need to release top 10's or 5's or whatever. These kids are making a decision for their futures and they should absolutely put in the needed time to make the right one, but the "fanfare" of narrowing the list....like I said, I'm old.
OR you are like me and not impressed by so much of our populations need for attention and mental stimulation with other people actions.

Hopefully the irony of that being posted on a message board isn't lost on most people.
Message boards aren't a news source, dude. It is a place where Armchair PG and QB can stake their claim. There are zero people on these boards who I would call a trusted source. The only trusted source is the actual student-athlete or his/her parent(s). Twitter and Instagram aren't sources. They are just a place where people would rather be first to tell a story rather than being right when telling it.

Message boards aren't a news source, dude. It is a place where Armchair PG and QB can stake their claim. There are zero people on these boards who I would call a trusted source. The only trusted source is the actual student-athlete or his/her parent(s). Twitter and Instagram aren't sources. They are just a place where people would rather be first to tell a story rather than being right when telling it.
That's definitely the cynical view. I've been here since about 1998, and you get a sense of posters over time. Sometimes posters with no sources are at the right place right time. I have few contacts in the sports world, but even I have a former Iowa BBall starter, that married my first cousin, and a classmate that sired a TE that played for the Hawks and had a successful NFL career.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk

comparing former Hawkeyes, he is like a mix between Weezy and CJF

New recruit, who Dis?
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT