ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix

Ulis has visibly improved in his time, I do feel like fans are quick to dump on players and root for the new hotness. That said, Dix seems to have a knack for hitting big shots already, and does play D - was watching him pretty closely one game and he seemed to have pretty good positioning already. Doesn’t look like a frosh on d to me.

Ulis has visibly improved in his time, I do feel like fans are quick to dump on players and root for the new hotness. That said, Dix seems to have a knack for hitting big shots already, and does play D - was watching him pretty closely one game and he seemed to have pretty good positioning already. Doesn’t look like a frosh on d to me.
He's an average defender right now but specifically last night, his minutes were limited due to his defense. It wasn't good, specifically on pick handoffs. It was still much better than PM but not to the level of Ulis, Perkins, and CM. If he can shoot at the level of PS, I can accept the defensive lapses, LOL.

Reactions: slipHawk
He's an average defender right now but specifically last night, his minutes were limited due to his defense. It wasn't good, specifically on pick handoffs. It was still much better than PM but not to the level of Ulis, Perkins, and CM. If he can shoot at the level of PS, I can accept the defensive lapses, LOL.
I agree, his D is definitely his weakness right now. I’m confident though, with Fran’s emphasis on D, he’ll be another lock down defender like JBo.😉 I jest, I jest. Sorry Fran.

Dix needs to work on his game on the other end of the court. If you get a chance to go to a game, watch the effort Ulis gives on the defensive side of the ball (on the ball and off the ball). You'll understand why he gets the minutes on the court over Bowen/Dix. Audige was frustrated by Ulis picking him up at 94 feet last night.
I think Dix is very good on defense. Ulis has been up and down defensively. It was actually Murray who shut down Audige at the end of the second half, not Ulis. Before that he was unchecked.

Reactions: perryhawk
In fairness to the fans. Iowa guard play has been pretty abysmal this year. Dix's play on the other hand has not. As others have said, he's not playing like a freshman and his overall game has been superior, particularly in conference play when it matters.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
In fairness to the fans. Iowa guard play has been pretty abysmal this year. Dix's play on the other hand has not. As others have said, he's not playing like a freshman and his overall game has been superior, particularly in conference play when it matters.
I don’t know that I’d call it abysmal, but it’s definitely been inconsistent.

Ignoring that putz has been my best move since coming this board 20 years ago. (F me, getting old)
I took everyone off ignore during the great migration, I was really hoping he would follow others over to HR, but to my dismay he’s still around. I’m sure it won’t be long and I’ll have to do it again.

ADVERTISEMENT