ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Gattis new OC??

Sure I would take Gattis over BF...but that's like asking would I rather get punched in the face or get run over by a truck

That might be the quote of the century.

What is so terrible about him? I know he didn't do much to help your offense and struggled against good defenses.

Again, we aren't asking even for a good offense. We are asking for a below average offense and we will win 9 games.

I should just say everything I've heard but getting blasted about Cade and even today about the number of transfers coming to the offense i like to save up my i told you so's. Can't do that to my wife. My couch isn't comfortable
You seem to have a great inside good for you. When I was first on the site in say 2002 to 2010 I had it too but you are braver then I was, a single slip and I would have been cut off. I had to do something like so and so’s cousin says. My sources left died retired my last scoop was about 5 years ago. Now I bow to you folks with the real inside scoop and I love it don’t get outed and ruin this for all our sakes

That might be the quote of the century.

What is so terrible about him? I know he didn't do much to help your offense and struggled against good defenses.

Again, we aren't asking even for a good offense. We are asking for a below average offense and we will win 9 games.
Well he did screw Xavier Worthey's mom ...if you ever wondered why he signed with Michigan, got his release and ended up at Texas...well now you know

That is an anecdotal story but highlights just what type of guy Gattis is...there is other stuff

You seem to have a great inside good for you. When I was first on the site in say 2002 to 2010 I had it too but you are braver then I was, a single slip and I would have been cut off. I had to do something like so and so’s cousin says. My sources left died retired my last scoop was about 5 years ago. Now I bow to you folks with the real inside scoop and I love it don’t get outed and ruin this for all our sakes
Well i took a little grief today from another poster so I'm keeping what i know to myself for a bit. It's just nice to help other fans get excited for the next 2 years possibilities.

Well i took a little grief today from another poster so I'm keeping what i know to myself for a bit. It's just nice to help other fans get excited for the next 2 years possibilities.
Please don’t do that. I understand why you would but that guy is 1% of posters while the other 99% really enjoy insider info.
Thanks for what you have shared so far!

Please don’t do that. I understand why you would but that guy is 1% of posters while the other 99% really enjoy insider info.
Thanks for what you have shared so far!
Ill put out it if i hear something. I guess one grumpy fan isn't bad. You'll run into them about anywhere

Tom Cruise What GIF

can someone translate this to English?😆

At the very least it would be extremely difficult to be worse. I know yards/play isn’ta perfect stat, but it’s good, and there’s no way the drop off in talent, if any, has been as extreme as the drop off in production going from the KOK era to the BF era.
AND ... if the drop off in talent IS as bad as the drop off in production, that on the OC as well.

Well this would certainly be an interesting development.

I'm sceptical, but I also only gave Cade a 50% chance of coming. Maybe someone needs to spin up a vote of confidence thread for this.... Worked well in the Cade thread

Are you “someone”?

Who knows what to believe. Some will say it was the guy who was the OC at Michigan this year (shared some duties with Gattis last year) who was the real reason that Michigan turned it around in 2021.

I've come to the conclusion that many of these offensive "gurus" look a lot smarter when they have good players.
This. I know people hate BF but he has shown when he has a good OL and players execute (not drop so many passes, RB's who can pass protect, more accurate QB play, etc.) that the Offense can produce.

I'm not advocating that BF is a great OC or that I want him to stay (in fact, it's best to start over there) but as you say, it's crazy how so many OC's look better when they have better players.

Now PP, I truly believe that dude is an ELITE Defensive Coordinator because year in, year out he is making adjustments with new players and his development ability is unmatched. I think that is what seperates the elite (which I think there are only a handful out there) coordinators on both sides of the ball.

This. I know people hate BF but he has shown when he has a good OL and players execute (not drop so many passes, RB's who can pass protect, more accurate QB play, etc.) that the Offense can produce.

I'm not advocating that BF is a great OC or that I want him to stay (in fact, it's best to start over there) but as you say, it's crazy how so many OC's look better when they have better players.

Now PP, I truly believe that dude is an ELITE Defensive Coordinator because year in, year out he is making adjustments with new players and his development ability is unmatched. I think that is what seperates the elite (which I think there are only a handful out there) coordinators on both sides of the ball.
Agree 100%. PP's level of consistency is amazing. Churns out good defenses year after year. But even PP's defense hit a wall against Nebraska once DeJean went down. Couldn't overcome not having another corner who could play at a Big 10 level. Now, that meant Iowa was down to its 5th and 6th corners, and pretty much no school can play well with its 5th and 6th corners.

Agree 100%. PP's level of consistency is amazing. Churns out good defenses year after year. But even PP's defense hit a wall against Nebraska once DeJean went down. Couldn't overcome not having another corner who could play at a Big 10 level. Now, that meant Iowa was down to its 5th and 6th corners, and pretty much no school can play well with its 5th and 6th corners.
Right - it wasn't as simple as being down Dejean. They were also down Harris and Roberts, both guys with starting experience and I think might be safe to say Palmer wouldn't have abused them like he did a TR FR with no experience and a walk-on with not experience.

ANY Defense that is down to their 5th and 6th CB's are going to struggle.

You can argue the pros and cons of BF all day if you want. The facts still remain that his offense has been hot garbage long before this year. He has failed as an OC.

Gattis does seem to be an elite WR coach. He also seems to call a lot of running plays and passes to the tight end as an OC, which Kirk would like. Miami fans hated that. I'm not a huge fan of Gattis, but he might be more of a Big Ten OC than an SEC or ACC coordinator. If we want to be optimistic, maybe he would look a lot better at a Big 10 school. Kind of like Brett B

Tom Cruise What GIF

can someone translate this to English?😆
R.2f112e57ad49f8234d00f870b7725cc1

I believe that he knew people on the staff back in the early KF days, so he had inside information but was afraid to share because he didn't want to lose his contacts. Now they have all retired/died so he will allow others with inside information to share on the board and get the accolades.

Gattis does seem to be an elite WR coach. He also seems to call a lot of running plays and passes to the tight end as an OC, which Kirk would like. Miami fans hated that. I'm not a huge fan of Gattis, but he might be more of a Big Ten OC than an SEC or ACC coordinator. If we want to be optimistic, maybe he would look a lot better at a Big 10 school. Kind of like Brett B
Good points - some coaches are better fits for different style of play, including that conference. Frost was a terrible fit for the Big Ten ... he might end up being successful somewhere else.

That certainly wouldn’t come as a shock given that group’s performance and the fact that receivers are leaving Iowa City like a turkey through the corn.
If it is true that Gattis might be joining the staff, it would make a lot of sense since he was also the wr coach at Michigan before getting the coordinator job there.

You can argue the pros and cons of BF all day if you want. The facts still remain that his offense has been hot garbage long before this year. He has failed as an OC.
Every OC Iowa has had the Iowa fans have said the same thing. Every one. As I said, time for BF to go and I am not advocating for him as a good OC ... but to not acknowledge other factors (players, execution, style of play that KF wants, etc) is why some Iowa fans complain about every OC that Iowa has had.

The whole style of play that KF wants will not generate high total yardage numbers almost any year. It just won't - people need to stop using that as a gauge for what Iowa does because it is not going to take into account their style. He wants a powerful defense that holds teams to FG's, not TD's and creates TO's by keeping the play in front of them with the idea that eventually the other Offense will make mistakes, a great ST that is good in all areas and controls field position and a great K that will be automatic on FG's from 30 - 50 yds when drives stall out, and a ball control Offense that will eat clock and not turn it over. They aren't looking to win shootouts.

R.2f112e57ad49f8234d00f870b7725cc1

I believe that he knew people on the staff back in the early KF days, so he had inside information but was afraid to share because he didn't want to lose his contacts. Now they have all retired/died so he will allow others with inside information to share on the board and get the accolades.
lol, this was my interpretation as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT