ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Hawley is not having a great 48 hours

noleclone2

HR Legend
May 4, 2015
ErNrvMIWMAEkHdQ

His new book was dropped by his publisher.

His mentor, John C. Danforth, a former Republican senator from Missouri, who had called him a “once-in-a-generation” talent denounced him as "The Biggest mistake I have ever made"

Kansas City Star calling him to resign or be removed
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248349315.html

St. Louis Dispatch calling for him to resign

Already lost one of his biggest donors.

You hate to see it.

Maybe don’t be a seditionist traitor whose bad faith accusations of voter fraud get people including a police officer killed?
To me, this was the key. Most politicians are ambitious, but Hawley (and Cruz) chose to create this spectacle solely for personal gain. It was disgusting and he deserves all the criticism coming his way.

I really hope this spells the end of his presidential ambitions.

I agree with this. He saw an opportunity to gain favor with Trump’s base and ended up alienating many others as he misread the tea leaves. I have no respect for him and hope he fades away from the political scene.

On the other hand, I have more respect for Ben Sasse out of Nebraska and Adam Kinzinger from Illinois. These two were very outspoken against what Trump was doing the last few months.

I hope his vacation home in the Ozarks almost finished.

In the meantime, he’s used his sister’s address in Missouri to vote and claim residence there - while he lives in Virginia.

Reactions: seam
I agree with this. He saw an opportunity to gain favor with Trump’s base and ended up alienating many others as he misread the tea leaves. I have no respect for him and hope he fades away from the political scene.

On the other hand, I have more respect for Ben Sasse out of Nebraska and Adam Kinzinger from Illinois. These two were very outspoken against what Trump was doing the last few months.

Just heard Ben Sasse on NPR denouncing Hawley. If Sasse actually puts actions behind his words, which to this moment has been nothing more than fantasy, I might actually respect the guy.

Same with Ted Cruz. That's all Ted wants...more than anything...to be president. I never want that to happen.
He is so unlikeable that Beto almost defeated him.

This. I've heard it for years, Cruz appears to be one of those guys you have to stand in line to dislike. Never had any worry of him being president.

Just heard Ben Sasse on NPR denouncing Hawley. If Sasse actually puts actions behind his words, which to this moment has been nothing more than fantasy, I might actually respect the guy.

The handful or Republicans who denounced what happened Wednesday earned some respect back in my books. The ones who did not are dead to me.

ErNrvMIWMAEkHdQ

His new book was dropped by his publisher.

His mentor, John C. Danforth, a former Republican senator from Missouri, who had called him a “once-in-a-generation” talent denounced him as "The Biggest mistake I have ever made"

Kansas City Star calling him to resign or be removed
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248349315.html

St. Louis Dispatch calling for him to resign

Already lost one of his biggest donors.

You hate to see it.
Don’t forget he also used “irregardless.” Dipshit...

Perhaps a formal censure of Hawley by the Senate. That could make him pretty much impotent in the Senate, like Steve King was in the House.

This. I've heard it for years, Cruz appears to be one of those guys you have to stand in line to dislike. Never had any worry of him being president.

The handful or Republicans who denounced what happened Wednesday earned some respect back in my books. The ones who did not are dead to me.

Kudos to them for only being 98% of a s**tbag, and not 100% i guess?

Imo they dont get points for denouncing that. It should be the bare minimum we should expect from them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT